Tottenham Hotspur V Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AVB should do the honourable thing and tender his resignation . Oh sorry , new mangers don't do that? They talk shit and try to justify thier decision making, letting all believe they know what they are doing! We beat lesser teams because we have good players, that's it. AVB is lost in a game, only for the big boys.

Z8EWLTh.jpg

Been deleted now.

Mitigating circumstances don't make up for the fact that we are still turning out with a lone striker formation that doesn't work, that we looked lacking in confidence today and that we pretty much imploded at 10 men rather than play for dignity to prevent more goals.

Agree. I'm not having this 'mitigating circumstances' argument. For sure, we all knew our defence was going to be suspect with a makeshift CB and Naughton at LB, but that doesn't excuse our general performance and totally inept fucking attacking display (not one shot on target at home = a disgrace). Plus, I'm not having this red card excuse - we were well dire before that and could've/should've been 3 goals down.
I've been very patient this season and am a far from a fickle, knee-jerker - but I'm really not sure AVB can turn things around...

So how's everyone feeling today?

You can't even blame the players in this situation - it was evident: they tried and tried and tried.
Unfortunately it was the game plan that went wrong.

What is that? You're saying that we had injury issues?
So the fuck did they too had these issues!

I said it before the game and I'll remind us again: This was a WEAK Liverpool team.
The sad part is that it was not like Suarez alone was unbeatable. Their whole freakin team was superb. Their midfield bossed the game. Our MF should've been running the show. Even before Sandro was taken off, their MF clearly were in control. Again it wasn't our players at fault. It was the set up. It was AVB.

I dont know what we are going to do.
Too many big defeats already this season, and add to that too many unconvincing wins and draws.

I always wanted to keep faith in AVB. Always wanted him to see him succeed HERE.
But Levy will not let us even even show a glimmer of us being a Leeds 2.0.

I kind of still want AVB to at least remain manger till end of the season. See out things turn out. But there's too much at risk. We put far too much investment to throw it all away. I mean would even some of our top players have patience if we end up being 6th 7th or 8th in the league?

We genuinely have a top top squad and Levy has to protect the 100 million pounds.

So now for the first time I'm saying this ... it may indeed be time to have ... #AVBOut.

So how's everyone feeling today?

You can't even blame the players in this situation - it was evident: they tried and tried and tried.
Unfortunately it was the game plan that went wrong.

What is that? You're saying that we had injury issues?
So the fuck did they too had these issues!

I said it before the game and I'll remind us again: This was a WEAK Liverpool team.
The sad part is that it was not like Suarez alone was unbeatable. Their whole freakin team was superb. Their midfield bossed the game. Our MF should've been running the show. Even before Sandro was taken off, their MF clearly were in control. Again it wasn't our players at fault. It was the set up. It was AVB.

I dont know what we are going to do.
Too many big defeats already this season, and add to that too many unconvincing wins and draws.

I always wanted to keep faith in AVB. Always wanted him to see him succeed HERE.
But Levy will not let us even even show a glimmer of us being a Leeds 2.0.

I kind of still want AVB to at least remain manger till end of the season. See out things turn out. But there's too much at risk. We put far too much investment to throw it all away. I mean would even some of our top players have patience if we end up being 6th 7th or 8th in the league?

We genuinely have a top top squad and Levy has to protect the 100 million pounds.

So now for the first time I'm saying this ... it may indeed be time to have ... #AVBOut.

How do I feel?

Like I've been fucking mugged of £65.

My view is that AVB is only partly at fault today, because his bench wasn't set up to cope with events as they unfurled. When I saw the bench before the game I said to my son we better pray no defender gets injured with only Fryers as cover. Had Kaboul been on the bench he could have come on for Sandro, and Capoue moved up. That way we would have not been in the situation after Sandro went off of a stand-in CB (Capoue), stand-in DM (Dembele), and stand-in LB (Naughton).

Not ideal either being 2:0 down at half time with Daws and Walker already carded for last ditch fouls to prevent a goal scoring opportunity.

However I cant say that AVB is totally to blame for it - we were also a bit unlucky with no proper cover for LB in the first place. Stirling owned Naughton in the first half, something had to be done about that, but injuries forced AVB to paint himself into a corner with the team and especially the bench.

The ref topped it off with a harsh red but the perfect storm had already been brewing.

Liverpool bested us all over the pitch, Flanagan (mostly) controlled Lennon, Coutinho and Henderson were always dangerous and always scrapping for the ball, and Suarez is unplayable right now. They deserved the win, but I would say the scoreline is down to a long run of unfortunate events.

Sorry if I am repeating what others have said, I didn't have the time or the heart to read through 60 pages, I am guessing there are a few meltdowns in there too.

rwb2000 agree with some of your points, regarding injuries, enforced subs, etc, but let's not kid ourselves - this result wasn't exactly a one-off. We've been sub-standard all season and our so-called 'attacking' displays at home have been turgid at best. I want AVB to do well and I'm not sharpening the gullitine just yet...but with the players at his disposal we at least could muster a fucking shot on target during a game at home!

Back
Top Bottom