Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - July 6th - 8PM (UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Mourinho did better than the players for sure, but the Everton players weren't really up for it. They are bottlers of the highest order, especially away from home, and just looked tired/not bothered. But we showed a lot of spirit, although not a lot of quality, let's be honest.

Agree mate

Long long way to go yet but I’m still hopeful

Heard that Jose is considering giving the captaincy to whoever points most

Any ideas bus-conductor bus-conductor ?

Any professional footballer can and should.

If you're implying Ndombele, he played 2 full seasons in Ligue 1 for Lyon and majority of them were 90 minutes.

The dinosaur has no fucking clue how to manage a talent like him so instead he managed to convince large section of our fanbase that Ndombele can barely play 30 minutes a week that's why he's not playing.
Did anyone notice something around the fiftieth minute ..... Son gets the ball, maybe even from Kane and races up and shoots. But Kane hangs way back, instead of getting himself up there alongside Son.
Pickford parries the shot, doesn’t catch it and it goes loose right in front of goal. But there is no-one up there for an easy tap-in, Kane just jogged on a bit, whereas if he had raced up with Son we’d most like have got a second goal.
Kane has seemed cream crackered to be honest.

Any professional footballer can and should.

If you're implying Ndombele, he played 2 full seasons in Ligue 1 for Lyon and majority of them were 90 minutes.

The dinosaur has no fucking clue how to manage a talent like him so instead he managed to convince large section of our fanbase that Ndombele can barely play 30 minutes a week that's why he's not playing.
Mate, Sacramento just came from the French league. No one will know more about Tanguy than he.

A dull performance but definitely an improvement from Thursday in terms of application.

We pressed more than I have seen for a while and were aggressive in our challenges. On another day Son sticks one of his chances away and the win looks more comfortable.

I have absolutely no problem with Lloris. That reaction plus his post match interview is the only time I've ever really felt "captain" vibes from him.

The team has been too accepting of defeats and dropping standards for too long and I'm hopeful Jose can get rid of that, if it makes the team more cunty in the process then so be it.

I liked the more balanced midfield with Gio further forward and I thought Winks had a good game. It's baby steps now for a team that were in complete disarray but I'm still going to hope for a strong end to the season and a new attitude plus some shrewd moves in the transfer window and lets see what we can do.
Common sense. Good post.

That may have been the worst Everton have played under Ancelotti. They've looked more than competent since he arrived. Part of it was our defensive shape but they just looked like they hadn't kicked a ball in 6 months.
Yeah, most will disagree but our coaching staff set us up in a way that nullified anything Everton wanted to do, like Sheffield did v us. Only thing is our attack still lack that killer instinct. Son particularly hasn’t been up to his best. Hopefully that’ll come.

It's quite clear there is less of an issue around other players in the squad.

I know you're an American and you have him as your avatar and everything, but he's nowhere the quality expected and it's not about his talent. The player is a problem.
I don't disagree he's not worked out so far, just think it's silly to use the team's W/L record in matches he's player as evidence of your point.

I don't disagree he's not worked out so far, just think it's silly to use the team's W/L record in matches he's player as evidence of your point.
People are complaining about him not getting time on the pitch, normally when he plays against any decent opposition we don't win...

...and he still doesn't look all that fit or all that interested, despite being paid an absolute fucking fortune.

Skipp: Started vs Burnley...... Alongside Ndombele.... And our MF was dreadful! Burnley were playing through AND over us at will.

Rightfully or not; I suspect Jose will have drawn fairly tangible conclusions from this.

Rather than "what do we have to lose"; the question is what will it take to see GLC & Ndombele + 1 in a midfield 3.... We could have quite easily seen it before now and as we haven't it's logical to conclude that in 3 months; Jose hadn't experimented with it in training.

...agree our only option with current personnel and Sissoko as the only true DM is to play 4-3-3 - I thought the 4-3-3 (like) formation we played in the 1st half against Everton, even with Winks in the center "protecting" the CBs, was the most solid we've looked in MF in a while (although Everton's frailty flattered us)...

COYS

Back
Top Bottom