Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - July 6th - 8PM (UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did anyone notice something around the fiftieth minute ..... Son gets the ball, maybe even from Kane and races up and shoots. But Kane hangs way back, instead of getting himself up there alongside Son.
Pickford parries the shot, doesn’t catch it and it goes loose right in front of goal. But there is no-one up there for an easy tap-in, Kane just jogged on a bit, whereas if he had raced up with Son we’d most like have got a second goal.

During the first drinks break the Everton players were all huddled round the manager getting instructions and only one of them was taking a drink a joke that needs to stop

I mean, it wasn't entertaining, but its 3 points in a season to forget, so I really don't care, ill take the win however it comes.

And I'm withholding all judgment for Jose and the team until around the midpoint of next season too. It simply hasn't been enough time. No genuine pre-season yet, clear work that needs to be done in the transfer market, only recently having a fully fit squad for the first time in god-knows how long...

Yeah, this performance want pretty and I don't expect the rest of the season to be pretty either, but I can't honestly expect much more for the moment. As long as we get the points, I'm happy.

Did anyone notice something around the fiftieth minute ..... Son gets the ball, maybe even from Kane and races up and shoots. But Kane hangs way back, instead of getting himself up there alongside Son.
Pickford parries the shot, doesn’t catch it and it goes loose right in front of goal. But there is no-one up there for an easy tap-in, Kane just jogged on a bit, whereas if he had raced up with Son we’d most like have got a second goal.

Yeah, I saw that. Really poor from Kane I think, he should have been up in the box ready to collect a possible rebound. I think Moura was just jogging up on the other side of him too.

Yeah, I saw that. Really poor from Kane I think, he should have been up in the box ready to collect a possible rebound. I think Moura was just jogging up on the other side of him too.
We have 3 games in 7 days as do Everton. Not surprised neither team went at it full tilt.

Can't complain too much with 3 points I guess and we needed them

But god that was a tough watch , feel sorry for Everton fans , they seem to be stuck in a never ending cycle of mediocrity
That may have been the worst Everton have played under Ancelotti. They've looked more than competent since he arrived. Part of it was our defensive shape but they just looked like they hadn't kicked a ball in 6 months.

That may have been the worst Everton have played under Ancelotti. They've looked more than competent since he arrived. Part of it was our defensive shape but they just looked like they hadn't kicked a ball in 6 months.

Like I said

A Mourinho masterclass
Watch and Learn

Any professional footballer can and should.

If you're implying Ndombele, he played 2 full seasons in Ligue 1 for Lyon and majority of them were 90 minutes.

The dinosaur has no fucking clue how to manage a talent like him so instead he managed to convince large section of our fanbase that Ndombele can barely play 30 minutes a week that's why he's not playing.
Ndombele played the full 90 the first two matches for Spurs. Then he got injured, came back and played 86'and 78'. He played in all of our CL group stage matches, and started in 4 of them (62', 64', 90', 90'). After that it's injuries followed by stops/starts, and Mourinho being hired.

The biggest thing preventing him right now is Mourinho. He's made people forget the guy was playing consistently the first 3 months of the season under Poch and contributing goals and assists.

Anyone that thinks Ndombele has gotten a fair shake at Spurs this year is delusional.

Bit off topic but these drink breaks need to stop now, it's not even that hot now and it's turning it into a American sport.

I remember when they won the rights to stage the World Cup in 1994 the Americans wanted to play in four quarters, presumably to fit in another two 15 minute ad breaks. FIFA told them to piss off.

I really hope they stop this crap before the new season starts.

Like I said

A Mourinho masterclass
Watch and Learn
I think Mourinho did better than the players for sure, but the Everton players weren't really up for it. They are bottlers of the highest order, especially away from home, and just looked tired/not bothered. But we showed a lot of spirit, although not a lot of quality, let's be honest.

Back
Top Bottom