Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - July 6th - 8PM (UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For those of you saying that Moura was good.. his issue is he gives the ball away too much, 53% pass success says it all. Next worst was Lloris with 65% and then Kane with 73%. So Moura giving the ball 20% more than any of our other outfield players..

What makes it even worse is that it didn't really stand out to me that Lucas was trying to play incisive or difficult passes (I'm open to being corrected on that but it didn't seem to be the case). The reason it matters is that Kane on 73% is perfectly acceptable because he was trying some more difficult, creative passing (a lot of it came off and a couple of his balls were sexy -- oooer!). (And anyway, your striker is often going to have your lowest % outfield completion for obvious reasons. )

73% for a striker is fine (actually good in the context of this game) but 53% is never acceptable in any position on the field. That's a coin flip as to whether the ball reaches a teammate ffs! Random chance, basically! That's just crazy.

I like Lucas but there's no way to defend those stats. If he maybe pulled off something similar to the feint to Son (the one Kane did to set up a chance for Lucas on the break; one of not many memorable moments of quality in the match), people would remember that and his stats wouldn't seem so damning but... I don't recall him doing anything like that.

It's a shame.

Nobody is worshipping them.

Its just a clear fact that we got beaten by a better team. Blaming the ECL final loss on our players defeatist attitude is doing them rather a disservice.

On the night, it was 30+ degrees with very high humidity. We conceded a stupid penalty in the first minute, so essentially started the game 1 goal down. They didn't need to chase the game. They were smart and contained us with a defensive zonal formation. Due to the heat and humidity, we couldn't afford to attempt fast attacking football; and adopted the calm and measured approach favoured by Poch; which was 'take your time, the chance will come, be ready to take it'.

We will never know what the result would have been had they not had that penalty.
I wasn’t accusing the players of having a defeatist attitude but rather the supporter who seemed to suck them off a bit. I was also saying the same steelness, street smarts, and mental fortitude they had to help them win that final, in the same heat, is what our current manager is trying to instill in our squad.

People can cry all they want but we had 70% possession against Sheffield, and started with 4 attackers and somehow lost 3-1 to a hungry bus parking team. We needed to be coached on playing street smart. IMO, that is what this team lacks.

There were quite a few occasions when Aurier and Davies looked up to make crosses and all of our players were outside the Everton box with their back to goal. This has been a common theme since the days of Poch and my feeling is that Son / Kane want the ball into feet and don't want to fight for a cross.
Good post overall but I don't agree with this part. Judging by the number of balls Kane (and even Son) win defensively during opposition corners, they're clearly able to win aerials (especially Kane). And it's not like they haven't scored a substantial number of goals from crosses. That suggests that if they thought this was a high percentage option for scoring, they'd be putting a lot more visible effort into it.

My view is that they're missing someone (like Trippier) who they can actually bank on to put in a cross worth putting their body on the line for. How many times do we see someone like Aurier balloon crosses over everyone only for the ball to either roll or fly harmlessly over the byline on the opposite side? That's got to get pretty demoralising after a while.

(Also I spend quite a lot of time watching Kane's movement off-the-ball and he makes a lot more little runs, pointing to where he wants it, than most people realise, I think. The reason it goes unnoticed is that whoever has the ball so rarely even attempts to make the passes that Kane is asking for. Next game, pay special attention to how often that exact scenario plays out. You may well be surprised.)

The shot was way wide until the defender put it in. 1st bit of luck we've had for a long time. Referee seems fairly decent for a change.
What since the deflected corner against Wham, which was .... two games ago.?

Add in the VAR-overturned penalty against United

Since lockdown we've had more than our fair share of luck.

starsport7.png
The gossip column has infiltrated the sports section. You can rely on the daily star. Why would any journalist want to work for them? Unless they get paid a pretty penny.

Give me strength.

Nobody is worshipping them.

Its just a clear fact that we got beaten by a better team. Blaming the ECL final loss on our players defeatist attitude is doing them rather a disservice.

On the night, it was 30+ degrees with very high humidity. We conceded a stupid penalty in the first minute, so essentially started the game 1 goal down. They didn't need to chase the game. They were smart and contained us with a defensive zonal formation. Due to the heat and humidity, we couldn't afford to attempt fast attacking football; and adopted the calm and measured approach favoured by Poch; which was 'take your time, the chance will come, be ready to take it'.

We will never know what the result would have been had they not had that penalty.
Plenty of chances came that day. We worked so many openings.

But our finishing that day was one of the worst performances I've seen from us. Couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

But you need players who can last 90 mins
Some of ours can’t
Any professional footballer can and should.

If you're implying Ndombele, he played 2 full seasons in Ligue 1 for Lyon and majority of them were 90 minutes.

The dinosaur has no fucking clue how to manage a talent like him so instead he managed to convince large section of our fanbase that Ndombele can barely play 30 minutes a week that's why he's not playing.

Any professional footballer can and should.

If you're implying Ndombele, he played 2 full seasons in Ligue 1 for Lyon and majority of them were 90 minutes.

The dinosaur has no fucking clue how to manage a talent like him so instead he managed to convince large section of our fanbase that Ndombele can barely play 30 minutes a week that's why he's not playing.

Ligue 1 can’t compare to the PL

Plenty get found out but I wasn’t just referring to him and as I keep pointing out and will continue to point out the fact that Poch Jose and Deschamps all keep picking him

Some keyboard warriors on here disagree

:pochunimpressed:

Ligue 1 can’t compare to the PL

Plenty get found out but I wasn’t just referring to him and as I keep pointing out and will continue to point out the fact that Poch Jose and Deschamps all keep picking him

Some keyboard warriors on here disagree

:pochunimpressed:
Ndombele is much bigger talent than Sissofraud.

Poch never wanted him and kept playing him because of injuries and lack of quality signings, likewise Mourinho.

Bit off topic but these drink breaks need to stop now, it's not even that hot now and it's turning it into a American sport.

Bit off topic but these drink breaks need to stop now, it's not even that hot now and it's turning it into a American sport.

Bit like the 5 sub rule; I think they're just as much about post-lockdown player preservation as they are essential hydration....

Prey that both aren't consolidated as part of a 'new normal' for the game moving forward though.

Both are shit.

Bit like the 5 sub rule; I think they're just as much about post-lockdown player preservation as they are essential hydration....

Prey that both aren't consolidated as part of a 'new normal' for the game moving forward though.

Both are shit.

Are Spain, Germany, Italy etc. also doing the above?

Back
Top Bottom