Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - July 6th - 8PM (UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

exp7.png

What a difference just having a proper DM in the team would make, the amount of times we lose possession which bad touches from the likes of Sissoko is unbelievable. Our passing must improve but a good DM would help with that also. I thought Aurier was ok defensively last night but going forward he was awful. Winks played ok and passed the ball well but too often it was backwards. We have also gone from under Poch not fouling enough to under Jose fouling too much

It wasn't the fact we got a lucky goal, it's the fact that after an embarrassing defeat the team's reaction was so poor that rather show hunger and fight we relied solely on luck because our performance was so flat and pedestrian.

That's what concerns me. The perfect opportunity to show the fans how much they were hurt and determined to put things right became a flat, turgid borefest where we didn't look capable of raising ourselves

I don't agree with that at all, the players showed many things that they didn't show against Sheffield. We showed an intensity in our defending and a much better aggression in the centre. When Everton looked to play through Richarlison we got into him and if needed, fouled him long before he could get close to our box. Compared to the way we let McBurnie and co run around it was totally different. You can't just let the opponent stride around with the ball and we didn't let Everton do that. A few little fouls here and there and we'd probably have beaten Sheffield, that's how easily we let them win the game.

Of course going forward the performance was abysmal but there is very little creative quality in the team, at least the players fixed the biggest problem from the last game which was the total lack of aggression when we didn't have the ball.

A dull performance but definitely an improvement from Thursday in terms of application.

We pressed more than I have seen for a while and were aggressive in our challenges. On another day Son sticks one of his chances away and the win looks more comfortable.

I have absolutely no problem with Lloris. That reaction plus his post match interview is the only time I've ever really felt "captain" vibes from him.

The team has been too accepting of defeats and dropping standards for too long and I'm hopeful Jose can get rid of that, if it makes the team more cunty in the process then so be it.

I liked the more balanced midfield with Gio further forward and I thought Winks had a good game. It's baby steps now for a team that were in complete disarray but I'm still going to hope for a strong end to the season and a new attitude plus some shrewd moves in the transfer window and lets see what we can do.

Even under AVB the football was never this dreadful.

This dinosaur is destroying us from within, how is our most talented midfielder cannot get a game ahead of a talentless cloggers like Sissoko?
Sissoko used to get ahead of other players with Poch too. But yea he shouldnt be in the team, alongwith Davies, Dier and Winks who are all equally terrible or worse.

Did anyone notice last night when I think it was LoCelso was fouled a few yards outside the box. The ball broke to Sissoko - and normally you'd expect the ref to play advantage, as Sissoko was in a good position with options to pass the ball. The ref clearly saw who the ball broke to, and decided it was no advantage and blew for the freekick.

Even under AVB the football was never this dreadful.

This dinosaur is destroying us from within, how is our most talented midfielder cannot get a game ahead of a talentless cloggers like Sissoko?
It really was at least as bad. Getting destroyed at home by City time after time, and by a not that great Liverpool team.

Did anyone notice last night when I think it was LoCelso was fouled a few yards outside the box. The ball broke to Sissoko - and normally you'd expect the ref to play advantage, as Sissoko was in a good position with options to pass the ball. The ref clearly saw who the ball broke to, and decided it was no advantage and blew for the freekick.
Even the refs know letting Sissoko try and pick a pass is not an advantage.

Oh please, this is the defeatist attitude corrupting this club from top to bottom. And how many wonderful goals did this oh so wonderful team beat us by? They did a smash and grab, like I watched them do a lot of this season.

They are a good team yes, with a really great management and recruitment team. But to worship them is the reason we lost that final. Hate Jose all you like but he is doing the right things. Unpopular as they may be. We will be stronger because of his knowledge and nous. The football isn’t pretty but this is the beginning of a long term project. Sacramento wasn’t brought in for nothing.
Forget the champagne football and let them do their jobs. The rewards will come.

Nobody is worshipping them.

Its just a clear fact that we got beaten by a better team. Blaming the ECL final loss on our players defeatist attitude is doing them rather a disservice.

On the night, it was 30+ degrees with very high humidity. We conceded a stupid penalty in the first minute, so essentially started the game 1 goal down. They didn't need to chase the game. They were smart and contained us with a defensive zonal formation. Due to the heat and humidity, we couldn't afford to attempt fast attacking football; and adopted the calm and measured approach favoured by Poch; which was 'take your time, the chance will come, be ready to take it'.

We will never know what the result would have been had they not had that penalty.

After the poor display at Sheffield it was the three points and not the overall performance that was needed.

I am not a fan a fan of our tactics though and we need a second goal to finish teams off, we were lucky Everton were so poor.

That said, Toby in the back line brings more stability and was needed after Sanchez was bullied by two championship players at Sheffield.

The only other positives I could see was lo celso, our one creative spark and Hugo bawling out son, should have been done in the changing room but it shows they care.

The sooner aurier is removed from the team the better. You could see Everton pinging the ball left every time they had the chance, wonder why? !
Everyone seems to be able to see it,except the bloke that matters.

The sooner aurier is removed from the team the better. You could see Everton pinging the ball left every time they had the chance, wonder why? !

Maybe I missed it; but I don't remember any of those balls getting around Aurier and a goal scoring chance being created.

Or is he just crap because Everton chose to attack down that side?

Sissoko used to get ahead of other players with Poch too. But yea he shouldnt be in the team, alongwith Davies, Dier and Winks who are all equally terrible or worse.

And with Deschamps

Why do you think that is bearing in mind that he’s not selected for creativity ?

Back
Top Bottom