Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - July 6th - 8PM (UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we need 2 actual centre mids playing, not an attacking mid being asked to play deeper and an athlete not knowing how to actually pass a ball.

Skipp, an actual defensive mid, and Winks, a player who can play on the turn, control tempo and pick a pass, should both be playing vs Everton. Let Lo Celso play in the hole and let the front 3 to do what they know how to do. Or even rest Lo Celso and play Ndombele in the 10.

I think we need 2 actual centre mids playing, not an attacking mid being asked to play deeper and an athlete not knowing how to actually pass a ball.

Skipp, an actual defensive mid, and Winks, a player who can play on the turn, control tempo and pick a pass, should both be playing vs Everton. Let Lo Celso play in the hole and let the front 3 to do what they know how to do. Or even rest Lo Celso and play Ndombele in the 10.
yeah we Def need winks. after all we need players who can pass backwards to the defence from time time to time

Told my Dad I will disown him if he ever buys Holsten Pils again.

Think I will try Amstel as lucky beer this time. The Amsterdam effect.

4-2 win.

Up the Spurs!!

....can't play without at least one DM, and GLC, Tanguy, and Winks are not DMs - Skipp is unproven at this level, leaving 1 option...

COYS

Caught a glimpse of Premier League years and Sissoko smashed a thunderbolt into the top corner from 25 yards for Newcastle. Proof he should be given the number 10 role, combining that goalscoring ability with his deftness of touch and vision. Unstoppable!

....can't play without at least one DM, and GLC, Tanguy, and Winks are not DMs - Skipp is unproven at this level, leaving 1 option...

COYS
Being unproven makes no difference. Kante came from the French second division and became the best DM in the world. Kane made the step from league one loans to PL top scorer in a season.

Skipp is a natural DM. Throw him in there and give him a go. What do we have to lose?

Being unproven makes no difference. Kante came from the French second division and became the best DM in the world. Kane made the step from league one loans to PL top scorer in a season.

Skipp is a natural DM. Throw him in there and give him a go. What do we have to lose?
I agree. We have fuck all to play for so why not give Skipp a run for the last few games and see how he does

I really hope we see Skipp.

If we play Winks or even worse Sissoko instead it will very frustrating. Not only does he appear potentially better than them already he certainly has a much better chance of turning into a player for us than the other two.

So Europa League or Bust... 1st year not in the UCL since 2015... We've got ALOT of catching up to do again with no money to spend. Yikes.

The good news is that not a lot of other teams will as well, what with the pandemic and all. So mamy will be in precarious financial situations, so it will ne like a leveler for us against some other teams.

Well we have already lost credibility and dignity after that shitshow

Never mind we have the best crosser of a RB to help us out according to some

I agree. We have fuck all to play for so why not give Skipp a run for the last few games and see how he does

Skipp: Started vs Burnley...... Alongside Ndombele.... And our MF was dreadful! Burnley were playing through AND over us at will.

Rightfully or not; I suspect Jose will have drawn fairly tangible conclusions from this.

Rather than "what do we have to lose"; the question is what will it take to see GLC & Ndombele + 1 in a midfield 3.... We could have quite easily seen it before now and as we haven't it's logical to conclude that in 3 months; Jose hadn't experimented with it in training.

Ndombele

Toby Sanchez Dier Davies

Winks Skipp Lo celso

Bergwijn Kane Dele

Tradition dictates that the big fat kid always plays in goal.

I really hope we see Skipp.

If we play Winks or even worse Sissoko instead it will very frustrating. Not only does he appear potentially better than them already he certainly has a much better chance of turning into a player for us than the other two.

Always liable to get a card but yes give him a try

Ndombele

Toby Sanchez Dier Davies

Winks Skipp Lo celso

Bergwijn Kane Dele

Tradition dictates that the big fat kid always plays in goal.

Toby at RB.... When's the last time he even played there for Belgium?

Must be yeeeeears ago..... Significantly, before his mobility fell off a cliff.

Back
Top Bottom