Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace (14 September @ 15.00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You serious.?

I heard one or two moaning that we took our foot off the gas in the second half but not many were moaning at half time.. This place is special.

I’m sure those moaning can’t have realised that we have a European game in mid week.
Mi8KpWp.png

Mostly the last, but some other people looking for a good moan.

Ahh yes..."Day off and drink money " you mentioned as being two of them...£20k. Remind me to avoid the pubs Lucas frequents :thumbup:
Get out of it
I can see it now - you on the joanna(littered in pintpots) belting out "there's an old mill by the stream Nellie Dean"

Lucas (in a flat cap and Pearly King waistcoat) fag in the corner of his mouth clutching a pint of white lightning -
shouting "I faarkin' laave you Bo-Ro!"

edit - With Larry David on spoons

Get out of it
I can see it now - you on the joanna(littered in pintpots) belting out "there's an old mill by the stream Nellie Dean"

Lucas (in a flat cap and Pearly King waistcoat) fag in the corner of his mouth clutching a pint of white lightning -
shouting "I faarkin' laave you Bo-Ro!"
You must join us...please tell me you can play the spoons :thumbup:

I swapped my ST around with a mate today, so the first time in The South Stand. I was central and one row from the top, great view but fuck me I won't be looking to go back there in a hurry, couple of nice lads around me but it's a fucking morgue, 3 Indan(??) blokes in front of me asked who won when it was half time, they didn't even notice that we had scored one goal let alone four!!! To busy taking selfies. This wi-fi has to be killed, we score a goal and everyone just reaches for their phone so they can WhatsApp their mates or whatever the fuck they are doing on there, one for for sure is they aren't celebrating a goal. 3 or 4 sat to my left went for a half time pint, never came back. People leaving for half-time 15 mins before the whistle, then turn up 15 mins into the 2nd half, then leave 15mins before the end of the game! Sum total of songs today was 5, COYS, Stand Up if you hate, Oh When the Spurs and Yids! We are Tottenham. No one knows the words to The Thing I like most!

Wouldn't it be great to be able to get a group together and ask the club if we could have a block of ST's together?

It's a shame that so many don't know the songs, the traditions or what the match day experience means to the "old school", but I think that is largely down to the fact there are so many new season tickets holders thanks to the increase at the new stadium. Also the fact that the new stadium has dissipated old groups from WHL.

Now I am a new STH, but I learnt "Thing I Like Most" on my first visit to Wembley. I suppose it's horses for courses. Unfortunately I think it's going to take quite some time for the crowd to find it's feet in the new stadium, and the club definitely aren't helping with their embargo on moving season tickets. I truly hope they see sense next year and allow people to move about a bit.

Just finished the first half. I know that I have been critical of Poch and some of the players during the start of the season and this is just the type of response that I wanted to see.

This was great football from the goalkeeper to the strikers. This was fun, progressive football. It's a bit of a shame that it took the window closing for Poch and probably some of the players to feel comfortable playing like this but what is done is done and now we look forward.

Second half I assume is just us playing it off mainly.

As long as Serge is fit and with us he needs to be our starting RB. Maybe rotate with KWP every 3 games or so to allow KWP game time and time to grow. Move Foyth back to CB or play him as a DM.

Great to have the old Tottenham back for a bit.

So a guess and 'word of mouth' from multiple 'professionals'. I suggest you ask them what period of time on the pitch normally constitutes making an appearance and earning the bonus. Performance related bonuses do not normally apply to just putting your feet onto the grass, it will be about wins, scoring goals,keeping clean sheets etc and I would imagine there would also be 'amount of actual playing time' restraints on whether or not players qualified to receive them during a particular match.
It is possible though, there could be a reason for 5 minutes on would be good man management.

*my brother was a PL footballer until he was 22, I saw his contract.. His low wages were doubled by feet on the pitch. So I don't think it's unlikely to get a bonus at the top level. Play and have a day off was on the magic sponge podcast (Jimmy billiard), don't remember what episode.

Just finished the first half. I know that I have been critical of Poch and some of the players during the start of the season and this is just the type of response that I wanted to see.

This was great football from the goalkeeper to the strikers. This was fun, progressive football. It's a bit of a shame that it took the window closing for Poch and probably some of the players to feel comfortable playing like this but what is done is done and now we look forward.

Second half I assume is just us playing it off mainly.

As long as Serge is fit and with us he needs to be our starting RB. Maybe rotate with KWP every 3 games or so to allow KWP game time and time to grow. Move Foyth back to CB or play him as a DM.

Great to have the old Tottenham back for a bit.
I honestly wouldn't bother with the second half, mate. :adethumbup:

Well... That was fun.

Finally seeing some ruthlessness from this team. Game done and dusted by halftime.

Palace never had a chance to get into the game. More of that please and thanks
Yep. The usual slow complacent start just gives the oppposition confidence & then they fancy there chances. Let's be on it from the start :lamelaaghh:

Great result, much needed energetic performance.
Yes, 4-0 up at HT the subs could have been quicker for sure, I can definitely understand both arguments on it.

My only gripe with the over all game would be if they had anyone but Benteke up front in that 2nd half then we may have been a little more freaked out than we should have been....

Anyway, job done, much improved performance all round, so cant wait until we fucking go again...COYS!!

Back
Top Bottom