Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace (14 September @ 15.00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cant believe people here actually found something to whinge about after a 4-0 win. While Poch was completely wrong and stupid in not picking Lucas for the final ahead of Kane, what he did today was perfectly fine.

Kane gets into the habit of playing a full match, and Lucas gets a mini run out in a real match (while he ends up getting any appearance money). Whats there to cry about?

So glad we didn't sign him.

He's in a bit of a catch 22 really. He wants to go to a bigger team, but his value to Palace is much greater than his value to any team bigger than Palace. And now that contract will be like a millstone around his neck. The only thing he can do is "go on strike", but if he does that will anyone want him?
Good points.
Big fish little pond.
Not surprised he is getting a new agent. Grealish should have done the same.

Cant believe people here actually found something to whinge about after a 4-0 win. While Poch was completely wrong and stupid in not picking Lucas for the final ahead of Kane, what he did today was perfectly fine.

Kane gets into the habit of playing a full match, and Lucas gets a mini run out in a real match (while he ends up getting any appearance money). Whats there to cry about?
Same people who made threads about dropping this player and that and sacking Poch and blaming Levy after the Newcastle loss. Same people moaning all international break.

It’s reached parody levels now. It’s like performance art.

I don’t have any stats to hand but am pretty sure we get just as many wins, if not more, when Kane doesn’t play

So much so that peeps be giving Poch shit for bringing him back to early when we're "doing just fine without him".... :avbcringe:

You are odd.

Do you want a day off and a bonus... No ta want to stay on the bench boss
My research into appearance bonuses is that they are all time related. Usually a player who appears straight from kick off needs to be on for a minimum period. Substitutes need to come on before an agreed cut off point in the match which is normally 70/75 mins of play. This may well explain Poch's reluctance to put on subs until the magical 70th minute. I have no idea where you found out Lucas earns 20k and a day off just for 9 minutes (perhaps you would care to enlighten me) but here's a link I found on the subject which states :
Appearance bonuses might also apply to matches in which the player appears as substitute, often with a different amount payable for appearances before or after a specified time in the match (a common cut off is the 70th or 75th minute).

Appearance fees can also be linked/tied to wins or draws i.e. a player only gets a bonus if he plays 70 minutes for the team in an EPL match and the team wins. The clauses are also more nuanced so that appearance bonuses may differ depending on the competition that the player is playing in. Typically, the EPL and Champions League appearance and win bonuses will be much larger than FA Cup or League Cup bonuses (because the former competitions are more lucrative to the club than the later competitions).
Ultimately, a key element to consider is whether there is a set stipulated number of minutes a player must be present on the pitch in order to count as an appearance. Fans see players come on for the last few minutes of injury time but the question is whether three minutes is long enough to warrant an appearance bonus. These are the types of issues that can be extensively negotiated at the time of a deal.

So as I am not privy to Lucas Moura's contractual agreement can you tell me your source of information or is £20k and a day off just a generalisation on your part ?

My research into appearance bonuses is that they are all time related. Usually a player who appears straight from kick off needs to be on for a minimum period. Substitutes need to come on before an agreed cut off point in the match which is normally 70/75 mins of play. This may well explain Poch's reluctance to put on subs until the magical 70th minute. I have no idea where you found out Lucas earns 20k and a day off just for 9 minutes (perhaps you would care to enlighten me) but here's a link I found on the subject which states :
Appearance bonuses might also apply to matches in which the player appears as substitute, often with a different amount payable for appearances before or after a specified time in the match (a common cut off is the 70th or 75th minute).

Appearance fees can also be linked/tied to wins or draws i.e. a player only gets a bonus if he plays 70 minutes for the team in an EPL match and the team wins. The clauses are also more nuanced so that appearance bonuses may differ depending on the competition that the player is playing in. Typically, the EPL and Champions League appearance and win bonuses will be much larger than FA Cup or League Cup bonuses (because the former competitions are more lucrative to the club than the later competitions).
Ultimately, a key element to consider is whether there is a set stipulated number of minutes a player must be present on the pitch in order to count as an appearance. Fans see players come on for the last few minutes of injury time but the question is whether three minutes is long enough to warrant an appearance bonus. These are the types of issues that can be extensively negotiated at the time of a deal.

So as I am not privy to Lucas Moura's contractual agreement can you tell me your source of information or is £20k and a day off just a generalisation on your part ?
Yes a generalisation but as we are told spurs have contracts that are more performance related not an unfair one.

A day off came from speaking to professionals (multiple) who say, you get on the pitch and it's less warm down and a day off.

Where do you justify this statement of £20k and a day off :thumbdown:
20 k was a random figure.. Could be more or less... A day off is knowledge, may not be the case at spurs anymore.

Then again you asked for any reason why 5 minutes would be benificial motivation,, there's your possible reason. Disregard it if you like but it's a reason.

As others have said great to see us play with intensity again, missed that.

Sonny was relentless, just listened to his Spurs TV post-match interview, now that puts a smile on my face!!.

Lamela in the oppo faces, Winks excellent with and without the ball, Eriksen was fantastic as were Toby & Vertonghen. Realy enjoyed Aurier's performance, now for fuck sake, if that doesn't shut the moaners up on here nothing will just give it a rest on RB, we've got it covered!!

Boring 2nd half but with 7 games in 21 days no need to go banzai, job was done in the first half!

I swapped my ST around with a mate today, so the first time in The South Stand. I was central and one row from the top, great view but fuck me I won't be looking to go back there in a hurry, couple of nice lads around me but it's a fucking morgue, 3 Indan(??) blokes in front of me asked who won when it was half time, they didn't even notice that we had scored one goal let alone four!!! To busy taking selfies. This wi-fi has to be killed, we score a goal and everyone just reaches for their phone so they can WhatsApp their mates or whatever the fuck they are doing on there, one for for sure is they aren't celebrating a goal. 3 or 4 sat to my left went for a half time pint, never came back. People leaving for half-time 15 mins before the whistle, then turn up 15 mins into the 2nd half, then leave 15mins before the end of the game! Sum total of songs today was 5, COYS, Stand Up if you hate, Oh When the Spurs and Yids! We are Tottenham. No one knows the words to The Thing I like most!

Anyway, we've got great depth to this squad, look at the bench and that didn't include Sess, Lo Celso, Foyth.

Back
Top Bottom