Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace (14 September @ 15.00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why is it the bigger the victory the smaller the thread?

No opportunity to moan about how Kane is past it.
No opportunity to moan about how Son is inconsistent.
No opportunity to moan about how Eriksen disappears
No opportunity to moan about how useless Lamela is.
No opportunity to moan about how Sissoko is a fraud of a footballer.
No opportunity to moan about sideways passing Winks

No opportunity to moan about how Kane is past it.
No opportunity to moan about how Son is inconsistent.
No opportunity to moan about how Eriksen disappears
No opportunity to moan about how useless Lamela is.
No opportunity to moan about how Sissoko is a fraud of a footballer.
No opportunity to moan about sideways passing Winks
Are you suggesting many posters are focused on criticising the team rather than supporting them?

But you're not Moura. You're a fat racist cunt.
Just kindly explain to me the tactical, motivational and man management benefits of swapping Kane for Moura when you are 4-0 up with just 5 minutes on the clock .
You have disagreed with the posts about me questioning him making such a substitution so kindly inform me what the player/team gained by making that decision :thumbdown:
I think you might be on Mr. Goat's shit list

Got home and watched the game after work. Loved the 1st half. Thought they were intelligent in the approach to the second half. Why knock yourself out? No way they were coming back. But it was a lost opportunity to give a few people a run though. I would have liked to have seen kane and son given a rest before Wednesday. Son now seems to be our main striker with harry putting through some great passes. Impressed by Aurier and Toby. What a difference with a real RB. Still find Moussa disappointing. He's big and strong but so clumsy. But it looks like we may be over the hump. In our rightful place in the table. And the perfect end to the perfect day...NORWICH....just loved it. I think we can give City a run for their money. Anyone complaining about the game is just looking for anything negative to say. We're on our way!

I've only read the last few pages, and judging by some of the comments, life's too short to go back through the thread!
Best first 45 minutes for aaaaaaages.
Have to give Sonny MOTM, as he didn't stop running or pressing, for the whole game. I think Serge had a good game, considering he has played so rarely. Also Jan deserves to be mentioned in dispatches.
Lost count of the yellow cards for petty fouls - am I right thinking that they were all for fouls against Zaha?
Didn't bother me that we took the foot of the gas for the second half, but I was hoping for a few more goals. Still, a clean sheet is always a plus.
Loved the half time special guest, 90 year old Brenda, celebrating her 70th anniversary of attending her first game - I've only got 20 years to go to catch her up :)
Did something today that I haven't done since I was 15 ............ we waited at the car park exit. Saw Toby, Tanguy, Tiddly, Erik, Ossie being driven by Steve Sedgley, Pat Jennings and Mario from TOWIE. Hundreds of Sonny fans hanging around but he must have left in a car with blacked out windows.
Lovely to make the acquaintance of BernardMatthews BernardMatthews and Johnboy40 Johnboy40 , and of course to see Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor again.
Lots of sightings of the 3rd shirt, think I may have to treat myself, as it's a beauty.

You remind us all what this forum should be like every time you post

My research into appearance bonuses is that they are all time related. Usually a player who appears straight from kick off needs to be on for a minimum period. Substitutes need to come on before an agreed cut off point in the match which is normally 70/75 mins of play. This may well explain Poch's reluctance to put on subs until the magical 70th minute. I have no idea where you found out Lucas earns 20k and a day off just for 9 minutes (perhaps you would care to enlighten me) but here's a link I found on the subject which states :
Appearance bonuses might also apply to matches in which the player appears as substitute, often with a different amount payable for appearances before or after a specified time in the match (a common cut off is the 70th or 75th minute).

Appearance fees can also be linked/tied to wins or draws i.e. a player only gets a bonus if he plays 70 minutes for the team in an EPL match and the team wins. The clauses are also more nuanced so that appearance bonuses may differ depending on the competition that the player is playing in. Typically, the EPL and Champions League appearance and win bonuses will be much larger than FA Cup or League Cup bonuses (because the former competitions are more lucrative to the club than the later competitions).
Ultimately, a key element to consider is whether there is a set stipulated number of minutes a player must be present on the pitch in order to count as an appearance. Fans see players come on for the last few minutes of injury time but the question is whether three minutes is long enough to warrant an appearance bonus. These are the types of issues that can be extensively negotiated at the time of a deal.

So as I am not privy to Lucas Moura's contractual agreement can you tell me your source of information or is £20k and a day off just a generalisation on your part ?
I've no idea where the £20k for 9 minutes nonsense came from and I'm also certain that no manager will be looking at the finances when he makes a substitution
He'll do it when he thinks best.
Substitutions in the last 5 minutes are almost always to run the clock down and nothing to do with money.

I've no idea where the £20k for 9 minutes nonsense came from and I'm also certain that no manager will be looking at the finances when he makes a substitution
He'll do it when he thinks best.
Substitutions in the last 5 minutes are almost always to run the clock down and nothing to do with money.
I agree,my remark about 70th minute subs by Poch was tongue in cheek as it seems to always be the case whenever he makes one.

You remind us all what this forum should be like every time you post
Thanks lovely.
I'll be the first one to admit that statistics, tactics and formations don't really 'float my boat', so will leave that side of the discussions to the guys that enjoy that side of things! I'm more interested in actual play and performance and any human stories, that come up. The lady sitting next to me had travelled up from Cornwall with her dad; he unfortunately has the first signs of dementia, and she wanted him to see the new stadium for the first time, while he still has some memory of supporting our team. Stories like that tend to put things into perspective, somewhat!

So...high pressing, movement, passing between the lines and use of pace and cutting passes = great win.
Let's hope it happens again next time as thats how we played a couple of years ago with great success...why did it stop?

I've only read the last few pages, and judging by some of the comments, life's too short to go back through the thread!
Best first 45 minutes for aaaaaaages.
Have to give Sonny MOTM, as he didn't stop running or pressing, for the whole game. I think Serge had a good game, considering he has played so rarely. Also Jan deserves to be mentioned in dispatches.
Lost count of the yellow cards for petty fouls - am I right thinking that they were all for fouls against Zaha?
Didn't bother me that we took the foot of the gas for the second half, but I was hoping for a few more goals. Still, a clean sheet is always a plus.
Loved the half time special guest, 90 year old Brenda, celebrating her 70th anniversary of attending her first game - I've only got 20 years to go to catch her up :)
Did something today that I haven't done since I was 15 ............ we waited at the car park exit. Saw Toby, Tanguy, Tiddly, Erik, Ossie being driven by Steve Sedgley, Pat Jennings and Mario from TOWIE. Hundreds of Sonny fans hanging around but he must have left in a car with blacked out windows.
Lovely to make the acquaintance of BernardMatthews BernardMatthews and Johnboy40 Johnboy40 , and of course to see Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor again.
Lots of sightings of the 3rd shirt, think I may have to treat myself, as it's a beauty.

Great to see you all too.

Will drop by the Dispensary ahead of the Bayern game for sure.

Other than a win, the other thing I really wanted to see yesterday was Aurier claim the RB position as his own and he certainly did that.. What seemed a problem has hopefully been resolved by a great performance..

Anyone else in the Billy Nic yesterday? Saw that Chris Cowlin dude interviewing people.

Got home and watched the game after work. Loved the 1st half. Thought they were intelligent in the approach to the second half. Why knock yourself out? No way they were coming back. But it was a lost opportunity to give a few people a run though. I would have liked to have seen kane and son given a rest before Wednesday. Son now seems to be our main striker with harry putting through some great passes. Impressed by Aurier and Toby. What a difference with a real RB. Still find Moussa disappointing. He's big and strong but so clumsy. But it looks like we may be over the hump. In our rightful place in the table. And the perfect end to the perfect day...NORWICH....just loved it. I think we can give City a run for their money. Anyone complaining about the game is just looking for anything negative to say. We're on our way!

For all their riches, City are fallible. We were lucky at the Etihad this season but last year we suffered two narrow losses, games in which we had chances.

This issue this season is that those Scouse cunts are running away already.

Back
Top Bottom