Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea (3rd December)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is a tough one to call. We really ran ourselves into the ground vs Everton. For me the must starts are...

Dier - Fazio - Jan - Davies
------Mason - - Bentaleb
Lennon ---

I'm not conceding defeat but I wonder if we rest Kane, Soldado, and Eriksen. If we're still in the match in the 60th minute, bring them on. Lamela and Chadli are fresher and could be just as good on the counter.

Kaboul is and always has been a complete liability at right back against anyone with a degree of pace/skill.

He was more notable for his runs forward from that position. No idea where this rose tinted view of his fullback appearances has come from

See for me, if we don't play both of them we're kind of just inviting them into us with no real threat of a counter. Kane will operate best if someone else is occupying the centre backs. A game getting smashed about by john terry and Gary Cahill won't be great for his confidence

Sometimes you need the baptism of fire. Plunge into the deep end of the pool. If you can't handle that, you can't develop, especially mentally.

Bentaleb as proper holding midfielder, Mason and Eriksen keeping the centre of midfield occupied. Lennon and Kane doubling up on the wingers. Wallop. 1-1 FT.

[formation="433, Lloris, Naughton, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies, Mason, Bentaleb, Eriksen, Lennon, Soldado, Kane"][/formation]

Vlad Chiriches was forced off against Everton with a back problem but Kyle Naughton returns after serving a two-match suspension.

Emmanuel Adebayor, Etienne Capoue, Danny Rose and Andros Townsend have all missed our last three matches through injury.

“We have another training session this afternoon (Tuesday) and we’ll analyse everyone then,” reported Mauricio ahead of training. “We have one day less than Chelsea to prepare, so we’ll analyse each case and then we’ll make a decision.”
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/chelsea-away-team-news-021214/

You mean players who can break up the play and control the ball, like Benji did with his 6 interceptions, 83% successful take on rate, and 89% successful passing against Partizan?
yeah All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what has Stambouli ever done for us?

Think outside the Penalty box? Play Chadli at RB if fit. One off just for this game. I'm sure he couldn't do any worse than what we have. Play other 10 same as Sunday?

Back
Top Bottom