Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea (3rd December)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cannot wait to start my 9-5 in February. This weekend working shit is for the birds. That being said, at least I get to watch Spurs' match of the season.

3-2 Spurs, Paulinho with a rocket (through the back of the net and into row Z so as not to make him inconsistent) for a late win and me thoroughly embarrassing myself in front of a bunch of confused Americans having lunch.

Last edited:
If i imagine myself as Chadli (stroking my six pack no doubt) i really dont want to be picked to play right back, ever. Particularly against Eden Hazard. And particularly when im the club's top scorer...

According to Talkshite it's only a matter of them cunts turning up...well I think that's what they say because they seem to be spending most of their time sucking Mourinho's cock...

Absolutely fizzing at work. Can't wait for tonight. I can't wait to be standing on the upper tier, facing the family enclosure, scarf over my face, hood up - arms out wide. As I hear in the background Chelsea score their 11th of the first half. I'm eyeing up anyone who looks like an easy target. Balding fat men with their kids or Japanese tourists... you make eye contact with me tonight I'm going to make cut throat signs at you.

Yids on tour.

:pochsmirk:

I love the way everyone goes on about this "hoodoo" bogey team shit like it was hard to work out.
Pretty much all of their success has been in the last few years since the Bates Harding era, where they spent shit loads of money they didn't have, on players they couldn't afford, to build a team that didn't provide them with a return on their investment............which put the whole club teetering on the edge of oblivion, until the thieving fairy godmother turned up and spunked 20 times the amount annually to put them where they are.
Turn the capital investment figures around between the clubs and the hoodoo would magically reverse itself.

I'm hopeful but I won't melt if we lose. Our run from here on is relatively straightforward so we can gather a lot of momentum in the next few weeks.

A win tonight though and I'm hitting the Cava.

I love the way everyone goes on about this "hoodoo" bogey team shit like it was hard to work out.
Pretty much all of their success has been in the last few years since the Bates Harding era, where they spent shit loads of money they didn't have, on players they couldn't afford, to build a team that didn't provide them with a return on their investment............which put the whole club teetering on the edge of oblivion, until the thieving fairy godmother turned up and spunked 20 times the amount annually to put them where they are.
Turn the capital investment figures around between the clubs and the hoodoo would magically reverse itself.

Chelsea and Man City won the lottery and Man United got gang raped by the Galzer family, that's the modern world. It does seem shit though as City and Chelsea are artificially big clubs, they didn't achieve it themselves, like a 100M runner on steriods, they might have crossed the line first but we all know they cheated.

In my mind Spurs are still a bigger club than Chelsea or City and West Ham are about the same level, that's what it was but because some criminals from Russia and the Middle East got involved everything changed.

A massive test for us tonight. Result-aside, if we can put in a strong performance against them, we should carry some confidence and belief into the Xmas period.

I can't see us having the quality to win it, but a draw would be a solid result for us. But as I say, I'm more interested to see if we actually have some backbone against a top side.

I can't see us having the quality to win it, but a draw would be a solid result for us. But as I say, I'm more interested to see if we actually have some backbone against a top side.
I said this earlier in the thread. Totally agree, it's all about attitude and self belief. If go out there and show that we've got some bollocks now then for me that's far more important than the result and a bigger sign that we are starting to kick on.

If we go out with a whimper the grumbling will start again and Saturday against Crystal Palace will be awkward.

I said this earlier in the thread. Totally agree, it's all about attitude and self belief. If go out there and show that we've got some bollocks now then for me that's far more important than the result and a bigger sign that we are starting to kick on.

If we go out with a whimper the grumbling will start again and Saturday against Crystal Palace will be awkward.
Yeah sorry couldn't be arsed reading through 15 pages of mad starting line-ups and mental player assessments! :nawty: "Khumalo should start after his performance for the U-21's" "Why isn't Pritchard starting!?" ... etc

We need to show that we aren't just going to roll over to these big boys. One thing that impressed me against Everton was that we went 1-0 down but our heads didn't drop. We got a quick equaliser and just kept going for the win, scoring a vital goal on the stroke of HT.

If we can show the same grit and determination against Chelsea I'll be very impressed. Losing 3 or 4 nil at home will simply not be good enough though.

Back
Top Bottom