Tottenham Hotspur v Chav tastic Ass holes FC. Sunday 26th Feb, 1.30 pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If <removed> is offensive to all LGBQT id prostitute or hooker offensive to all straight women?

Surely the insult in the song isn't about the LGBQT but about them selling it? which is illegal anyway. Can we not sing mean songs about criminals either?

Unless I've got this all wrong?

Its predominantly been used as a homophobic insult. Nobody uses prostitute as an insult for men. If you're a gay man then you've almost certainly been called it at some point in your life. Anyone ignoring the blatant homophobic connotations is lying to themselves.

Also, why are you finding ways past a fucking filter? There's a reason the admin bans it. Would you try and bypass a filter on the N word?

Any way I’m not going to say any more on the matter as I don’t want to ruin a good match day thread with this at the end, I’m happy we beat the no mortgage boys , how let’s get top 4 and win the FA cup!!!!! :contefists:

It’s pathetic , it doesn’t matter if he is gay , straight or bisexual , if he gets so offended by a chant that he leaves at half time and doesn’t go to a game for 10 years as he was so upset the term “wet blanket” springs to mind!

Racially offensive and homophic chants shouldn't be part of a football experience.

But also not everything needs to be taken as offensive racially or homophobically.

R-Boy isn't a homophobic term.

Maybe instead of calling him pathetic you could try to understand that he's probably dealt with that insult in a bullying/violent context and hearing it made him feel unsafe. Generally if I feel unsafe somewhere I leave.

It's sad that your reaction to somebody gay (who talks about how he's been the victim of hate crimes) talking about how he felt is to call him names. Maybe a lack of empathy at work here? Hard to understand really.

You’re the kind of absolute vegetable who writes in to tv channels to complain when you hear a naughty word ain’t ya

Its predominantly been used as a homophobic insult. Nobody uses prostitute as an insult for men. If you're a gay man then you've almost certainly been called it at some point in your life. Anyone ignoring the blatant homophobic connotations is lying to themselves.

Also, why are you finding ways past a fucking filter? There's a reason the admin bans it. Would you try and bypass a filter on the N word?

Yeah but it has been for women. That was my point.

Calling a woman a prostitute, slag, hooker or whatever is offensive but is a song about a prostitute instantly offensive to every woman in the stadium?

Any way I’m not going to say any more on the matter as I don’t want to ruin a good match day thread with this at the end, I’m happy we beat the no mortgage boys , how let’s get top 4 and win the FA cup!!!!! :contefists:
I mean, really this is all it needs to be.

Not a chant that I'd condone so not defending anything or really that interested in the debate.

Beating the blue cunts was great.

What we should do is have a vote before any chants , shall we sing “Yid army” :contefists:
No, the term yid is offensive
“Shall we sing contes blue and white army”:conteshock:
No I’m an atheist and against the war, the use of the word army offends me!
Ok shall we just clap? :contehandshead:
“No , my friend doesn’t have any hands, he can’t clap and gets offended seeing others do it”
Ok let’s just sit in silence and watch the game! :contefacepalm2:
I have piles so can't sit. Can we stand?

Have you dug out Kane for doing it to Kepa?

The "outrage" on here isn't really in relation to the incident per se, it's more about the fact that it got rescinded when similar or lesser incidents like this haven't been. I give you Son's Red against them. He kicked out, barely connected and got a straight Red even after VAR reviewed it. He was effectively assaulted by Rudiger, who went down like a pole axed cow, then made a full recovery in seconds.

Whether Ziyech intended to hit him in the face or not is irrelevant. He lashed out and caught him in the face. Yes Royal could have handled it differently, telling the ref he just hit him in the face would have done. All irrelevant though. Take the histrionics out of the equation, the cold hard facts are that Ziyech retaliated aggressively and struck Royal in the face. It's a sending off offence. It has been for every other player that's done it, so why not him?
Read my posts, that's what I said

Just watching yesterday about a poor Turkish boy, i dunno, 7 or 8 who lost his parents and siblings in the quake....only survivor of his family but his legs have been crushed and doctors were saying they probably need to be amputated......😥.....
Obviously though that pales in comparison to some poor cunt who had to leave a game at half time and aint been back for ten years 'cos you know, hurt feelings and all that....

Given the current sensitivities, perhaps we should all agree to use the inoffensive term 'young men in arrears' from now on.

There are subtle yet important differences between using the N-word, Y-word, and R-word in the contexts and circumstances we're describing in this thread. It isn't bigoted or morally reprehensible to identify these differences.

Maybe instead of calling him pathetic you could try to understand that he's probably dealt with that insult in a bullying/violent context and hearing it made him feel unsafe. Generally if I feel unsafe somewhere I leave.

It's sad that your reaction to somebody gay (who talks about how he's been the victim of hate crimes) talking about how he felt is to call him names. Maybe a lack of empathy at work here? Hard to understand really.
The problem with all this is somewhere 1 person is going to be offended with another chant ,complains , that chant is outlawed, next one, next one.
And i know theres more than one gay person in the stadium but are they all offended or see it asit is banter.
You cant cater to every single persons feeling of being offended. If you listen to ricky gervais take on people being offended he sums it up well

t rex dinosaur GIF
trust me on this - recognising you as terminal bore is not the gift bestowed on people over 60, but
being an arrogant cock who thinks that they alone understand things "how they truly are" seems to belong to people of your age group.
Pseud

Back
Top Bottom