Tottenham Hotspur v Chav tastic Ass holes FC. Sunday 26th Feb, 1.30 pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just watched the game on Peacock replay. What I saw:

Romero is just so confident, good tackles and great passes everywhere on the pitch. Maybe a little too confident passing out of the back at times.

Kulu very effective.

The signing of Porro has definitely lit a rag under Royal. He is playing as if his life depended on it. He brings it forward with pace, which I love.

FF looks a decent keeper. Gets in position well, but maybe spills it a bit much.

It's going to be interesting to see the role of Son going forward. Love him off the bench in big games, but I might give him more time in lesser ones. I don't think he will stay motivated coming on at 78 minutes all the time.

Team really seems in sync. Players know where the other is going so forward passing is effective.

Maybe Levy will let Conte finish the season in Italy.
Who cares if Son isn’t motivated? He’s terrified of physical contact and is a liability in the system we play. Rather see Danjuma

No I'm not. I've already said that you've made some weird assumption that LGBT fans overwhelmingly support singing said song when the likelihood is they're some of our more progressive/politically 'correct' fans. That said, singing a song which is designed as an insult is contextually different & more aggressive.
Of course, those that chant ‘r-boy’ also claim that it’s context is simply to define a Chelsea fan — similar to the use of Bindipper — and not a general term.

Either you accept a slur is a slur or that it’s contextually different when used to describe sets of football supporters. Personally, I’m happy to chant both or neither but the argument you make for saying one is okay but the other isn’t is absolute fucking bullshit.

Would you think it was okay for Chelsea to respond with ‘F** Army’ as long as it was ‘unaggressive’? Of course you wouldn’t…..

Of course, those that chant ‘r-boy’ also claim that it’s context is simply to define a Chelsea fan — similar to the use of Bindipper — and not a general term.

Either you accept a slur is a slur or that it’s contextually different when used to describe sets of football supporters. Personally, I’m happy to chant both or neither but the argument you make for saying one is okay but the other isn’t is absolute fucking bullshit.

Would you think it was okay for Chelsea to respond with ‘F** Army’ as long as it was ‘unaggressive’? Of course you wouldn’t…..

It's a good thing I didn't actually make that argument ... go on, find me the post where I say singing a slur is okay. I dare you.

All I did was contextualise why one might be raised as an issue more than the other. Would I think Chelsea fans singing that was better than weaponising it? Yes. Would that equate to it being OK and me giving it the stamp of approval? No .. obviously fucking not.

Someone will choose to be offended these days regardless

It's amazing that you think people *choose* to be offended. Like the guy who didn't go to a game for the team he support & had to leave a stadium at half-time because he felt physically sick chose to have that reaction.

He didn't. He had that reaction because a slur was used against him growing up & then he heard it used in a football stadium and it made him feel the same way. Because the context of words matters and words impact people differently.

Thankfully the FA, CPS & football clubs in general are waking up. So we're just working against fans who refuse to actually listen to the people who have had this shit aimed at them.

It's a good thing I didn't actually make that argument ... go on, find me the post where I say singing a slur is okay. I dare you.

All I did was contextualise why one might be raised as an issue more than the other. Would I think Chelsea fans singing that was better than weaponising it? Yes. Would that equate to it being OK and me giving it the stamp of approval? No .. obviously fucking not.
tiger yawn GIF

It's amazing that you think people *choose* to be offended. Like the guy who didn't go to a game for the team he support & had to leave a stadium at half-time because he felt physically sick chose to have that reaction.

He didn't. He had that reaction because a slur was used against him growing up & then he heard it used in a football stadium and it made him feel the same way. Because the context of words matters and words impact people differently.

Thankfully the FA, CPS & football clubs in general are waking up. So we're just working against fans who refuse to actually listen to the people who have had this shit aimed at them.

It’s fucking pathetic, he didn’t go to a game for 10 years because of that? What an absolute fucking Lemon!
He felt physically sick? It’s absolutely pathetic if you ask me!

It’s fucking pathetic, he didn’t go to a game for 10 years because of that? What an absolute fucking Lemon!
He felt physically sick? It’s absolutely pathetic if you ask me!

Maybe instead of calling him pathetic you could try to understand that he's probably dealt with that insult in a bullying/violent context and hearing it made him feel unsafe. Generally if I feel unsafe somewhere I leave.

It's sad that your reaction to somebody gay (who talks about how he's been the victim of hate crimes) talking about how he felt is to call him names. Maybe a lack of empathy at work here? Hard to understand really.

Maybe instead of calling him pathetic you could try to understand that he's probably dealt with that insult in a bullying/violent context and hearing it made him feel unsafe. Generally if I feel unsafe somewhere I leave.

It's sad that your reaction to somebody gay (who talks about how he's been the victim of hate crimes) talking about how he felt is to call him names. Maybe a lack of empathy at work here? Hard to understand really.
It’s pathetic , it doesn’t matter if he is gay , straight or bisexual , if he gets so offended by a chant that he leaves at half time and doesn’t go to a game for 10 years as he was so upset the term “wet blanket” springs to mind!

Oh ffs. You’ve argued explicitly against using one slur and said nothing about the other — other than to differentiate and defend its use.
Look up the word ‘implicit’.

Next time I disagree with something I'll be sure to forward you a list of everything I also disagree with so you can't try to pretend I agree with those things.

Oh ffs. You’ve argued explicitly against using one slur and said nothing about the other — other than to differentiate and defend its use.
Look up the word ‘implicit’.
What we should do is have a vote before any chants , shall we sing “Yid army” :contefists:
No, the term yid is offensive
“Shall we sing contes blue and white army”:conteshock:
No I’m an atheist and against the war, the use of the word army offends me!
Ok shall we just clap? :contehandshead:
“No , my friend doesn’t have any hands, he can’t clap and gets offended seeing others do it”
Ok let’s just sit in silence and watch the game! :contefacepalm2:

Not particularly - but twatting someone who has their back to you is crappy thing to do under any circumstances
Have you dug out Kane for doing it to Kepa?

The "outrage" on here isn't really in relation to the incident per se, it's more about the fact that it got rescinded when similar or lesser incidents like this haven't been. I give you Son's Red against them. He kicked out, barely connected and got a straight Red even after VAR reviewed it. He was effectively assaulted by Rudiger, who went down like a pole axed cow, then made a full recovery in seconds.

Whether Ziyech intended to hit him in the face or not is irrelevant. He lashed out and caught him in the face. Yes Royal could have handled it differently, telling the ref he just hit him in the face would have done. All irrelevant though. Take the histrionics out of the equation, the cold hard facts are that Ziyech retaliated aggressively and struck Royal in the face. It's a sending off offence. It has been for every other player that's done it, so why not him?

What we should do is have a vote before any chants , shall we sing “Yid army” :contefists:
No, the term yid is offensive
“Shall we sing contes blue and white army”:conteshock:
No I’m an atheist and against the war, the use of the word army offends me!
Ok shall we just clap? :contehandshead:
“No , my friend doesn’t have any hands, he can’t clap and gets offended seeing others do it”
Ok let’s just sit in silence and watch the game! :contefacepalm2:
Mate, my only argument is that if you use the chant ‘Yid’ and say you are offended by ‘R-boy’ then you’re a hypocrite.
That’s my last word on the subject of chanting.

So let’s say that a vegan gets offended seeing chicken burgers getting served at the stadium and doesn’t come back as he is so sickened by the animals being killed to feed hungry fans, what should we do make the stadium Vegan only ? :levyeyes:

If r3nt b0y is offensive to all LGBQT, is prostitute or hooker offensive to all straight women?

Surely the insult in the song isn't about the LGBQT but about them selling it? which is illegal anyway. Can we not sing mean songs about criminals either?

Unless I've got this all wrong?

Back
Top Bottom