Tottenham Hotspur v Chav tastic Ass holes FC. Sunday 26th Feb, 1.30 pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its Good GIF by VERZUZ
It's never enough for you, Mick.

I do my best :richclosed:

Turns out he’s the same ref who allowed Fernandes’ goal against Man City when Rashford ran offside protecting the ball for about 30 metres. Makes a lot of sense now. He’s just incompetent
Wasn't he the clown who gave the ghost goal in a the Championship years ago. How he is reffing at Premier League level is beyond me. He's useless.

Probably one of those cases where the FA felt sorry for him and have to be seen to be doing the right thing in promoting him.

Wasn't he the clown who gave the ghost goal in a the Championship years ago. How he is reffing at Premier League level is beyond me. He's useless.

Probably one of those cases where the FA felt sorry for him and have to be seen to be doing the right thing in promoting him.

Yep, Stuart Attwell stealing a living.

My tuppence worth:
chelsea cunt should have got a red, cos, well he’s a chav.
read the fellas article bout <removed> chant. Would make me think about it if I thought it would upset a yid, but happy to scream it at the chavs. They hate it. But agree that every fucker now screams how they have been adversely affected by, well fucking anything.

as an on the way to being a baldie after 50 years a ginger, spurs fan, I believe I’m entitled to getting my own back.

So Fuck em all

I looked at it, that isn't a punch, it's a vigorous shove to his shoulder that slips off and slides along Royals face.
Royal barged him in the back, when he wasn't looking (brave) and then hit the deck clutching his face like he'd been clubbed by Tyson Fury.

If you're not embarrassed by Royals reaction then you need to take a look at yourself.

As I said, I might not like it, but he retaliated and that's a bookable offense, particularly if Royals barge is. So I agree, he should have got the red, or just a yellow and Royals yellow anulled as well. Personally I'd like to see all players who play acted like Royal did get booked.

I have more respect for Ziyech, at least he had the balls to have a go at a guy who saw him coming.

I'm guessing you've never thrown or taken a punch.
You have more respect for Ziyech?

FFS!

The LGBT fan groups involved in football feel differently. And yes, homophobic chanting is a hate crime. The same as racist chanting is a hate crime.
I wonder how many of the LGBTQ fans and their valiant supporters who are uncomfortable with a homophobic slur are comfortable singing an ethnic slur that makes David Baddiel uncomfortable?
Frankly, I don’t see the difference other than the fact that Baddiel supports Chelsea and he loves football enough to not take a 20 year break after hearing it.

I wonder how many of the LGBTQ fans and their valiant supporters who are uncomfortable with a homophobic slur are comfortable singing an ethnic slur that makes David Baddiel uncomfortable?
Frankly, I don’t see the difference other than the fact that Baddiel supports Chelsea and he loves football enough to not take a 20 year break after hearing it.

Whataboutism .. nice.

Gay football fans shouldn't have to put up with homophobia because of their love of the game, it shouldn't even be a problem.

Well done Spurs for standing up to bigots.

We dont say yids in the same tone as forhire boys. One is being used to support and the other ones an insult.

There’s a difference between whataboutism and fucking hypocrisy. Do I need to explain it to you?

No, because frankly the overlap between fans comfortable with singing both songs is probably pretty small anyway, and the chants aren't even remotely similar when you apply context. I'm not going to get drawn in to petty, false equivalences.

One is sang as an insult, the other isn't. Hence why one tends to inspire pride in our support and the other makes people feel uncomfortable & unwanted. It's not hard to work out why they're viewed very differently by the majority of the fanbase.

I have never said that, don't start making shit up Roger - you're smarter than that.
Ziyech was pissed at the barge in the back pushed out at Royal, he was never going to punch him with the ref 2 inches away. He gave him a shove with an open hand and touched royals face.

Are you happy with Royal's play acting? Does he do any credit to either himself or our club by falling theatrically to the floor like he's been attacked with a golf club?

He faked an injury to get the guy sent off - and people on here are incandescent that he wasn't.

There are no winners here Roger, either player, either club or the refereeing of the situation.
Emerson's play acting....
Against Chelsea anything's goes
Remember the amount of play acting from those shitstains?
Remember Costa going down holding the wrong eye?
Yeah pretty happy with it
Chelsea are a putrid boil of a club on the backside of football
The over inflated transfer market are a direct result of Abramovich's purchase of Chelsea.
I remember back in the day before the money that Stamford bridge being a National front stronghold. I remember the whole ground hissing at us and singing songs about Auschwitz. There is still an under current of those days there.
It's just a shame we didnt spank them yesterday

Last edited:
t's not hard to work out why they're viewed very differently by the majority of the fanbase.
That is an unbelievably ignorant take.

The Spurs fanbase — including gay or gay supporting ( many of whom, I daresay, sing) — don’t get to decide if an ethnic slur makes Baddiel uncomfortable. He does.

You’re basically saying it’s okay to sing slurs as long as it doesn’t offend Spurs fans.

Last edited:
You’re basically saying it’s okay to sing slurs as long as it doesn’t offend Spurs fans.

No I'm not. I've already said that you've made some weird assumption that LGBT fans overwhelmingly support singing said song when the likelihood is they're some of our more progressive/politically 'correct' fans. That said, singing a song which is designed as an insult is contextually different & more aggressive.

Happy with singing neither, but you're intent on ignoring the actual issue & making some non-point. Have fun with that I guess.

Emerson's play acting....
Against Chelsea anything's goes
Remember the amount of play acting from those shitstains?
Remember Costa going down holding the wrong eye?
Yeah pretty happy with it
Chelsea are a putrid boil of a club on the backside of football
The over inflated transfer market are a direct result of Abramovich's purchase of Chelsea.
I remember back in the day before the money that Stamford bridge being a National front stronghold. I remember the whole ground hissing at us and singing songs about Auschwitz. There is still an under current of those days there.
It's just a shame we didnt spank them yesterday
Are you familiar with the "2 wrongs don't make right" expression?

Just watched the game on Peacock replay. What I saw:

Romero is just so confident, good tackles and great passes everywhere on the pitch. Maybe a little too confident passing out of the back at times.

Kulu very effective.

The signing of Porro has definitely lit a rag under Royal. He is playing as if his life depended on it. He brings it forward with pace, which I love.

FF looks a decent keeper. Gets in position well, but maybe spills it a bit much.

It's going to be interesting to see the role of Son going forward. Love him off the bench in big games, but I might give him more time in lesser ones. I don't think he will stay motivated coming on at 78 minutes all the time.

Team really seems in sync. Players know where the other is going so forward passing is effective.

Maybe Levy will let Conte finish the season in Italy.

Back
Top Bottom