Tottenham Hotspur v Chav tastic Ass holes FC. Sunday 26th Feb, 1.30 pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I still don't understand how the fuck does Ziyech not get sent off. Not for the push on Royal's face, but because he should get two yellows. The ref already has his yellow card out to book him for the foul when the handbags start. Surely he has to book him for the foul still, and then a yellow for the face push?

Really shit refereeing to forget the card for the foul.
What I find more confusing is how NOBODY in the media/pundit/commentary is saying exactly this.
The ref had a yellow IN his hand to give him for reckless foul on Richarlison. He Absolutely should have waved it at Ziyech twice there and then. 1 for the foul and one for the shove.

Can anyone tell me why Havertz gets booked as well?
Cause I'm starting to think the ref thinks he made the tackle on Richie

What I find more confusing is how NOBODY in the media/pundit/commentary is saying exactly this.
The ref had a yellow IN his hand to give him for reckless foul on Richarlison. He Absolutely should have waved it at Ziyech twice there and then. 1 for the foul and one for the shove.

Can anyone tell me why Havertz gets booked as well?
Cause I'm starting to think the ref thinks he made the tackle on Richie
The important thing is that absolutely everybody repeats the phrase "The right decision was reached in the end" again and again until we all end up believing it.

Disappointed that even this far on from the world cup and even without Conte about this weird first half\second half thing is still going on. I thought the first half was just as bad, probably worse than the first half last week against Spammers. At times in the first half the whole mood had "last game of the seaon, nothing to play for" vibes, even in the crowd which is odd for a game against that lot.

Glad things improved in the second half though. I think we need to persist with Richy in for Son now for a while, his effort and energy is a joy even though he's not yet being rewarded with goals he's playing for the shirt and that's what I want to see. Involved all over the pitch.

Absolutely loved seeing the away end empty by 75 minutes. Gloryhunters gonna glory hunt I suppose.

CHELSEA GET BATTERED EVERYWHERE THEY GOOOOOO

I am above them in 521. No way they were quieter than anyone else in my view. As much as I hate them, I can’t agree that they were quieter than any others. You didn’t hear “he spits when he talks” or “you let your country down” aimed at Kane ???

Their stupid “Champions of Europe” chat was also very audible.

Anyways. Not a point scorer. We all hear differently. Have a great night ahead.
I'm in 514 and all I heard was the "Champions of Europe" thing and that super exciting "Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea" maybe about twice.

Nobody any further away would have heard a thing.

The red card was rescinded because his shove on Royal wasn't deemed to be violent.
Which if we are all honest - it wasn't.
His yellow was for the tackle
He should at least have had a yellow for the tackle and another for the push in the face - and it WAS a push in the face (Emerson's shoulder just got in the way a bit).
I know you've got a strong desire to protect the underdog, but this has spilled over into defending the indefensible.

Disappointed that even this far on from the world cup and even without Conte about this weird first half\second half thing is still going on. I thought the first half was just as bad, probably worse than the first half last week against Spammers. At times in the first half the whole mood had "last game of the seaon, nothing to play for" vibes, even in the crowd which is odd for a game against that lot.

Glad things improved in the second half though. I think we need to persist with Richy in for Son now for a while, his effort and energy is a joy even though he's not yet being rewarded with goals he's playing for the shirt and that's what I want to see. Involved all over the pitch.

Absolutely loved seeing the away end empty by 75 minutes. Gloryhunters gonna glory hunt I suppose.

CHELSEA GET BATTERED EVERYWHERE THEY GOOOOOO

I think our first halves have been significantly better in 2023 but I think people make out a little bit that this is a whole season problem when it's not.

August 2022 no stand out bad first halves
Chelsea was bad but we drew the game
West Ham was but we drew
Beat, Southampton, Wolves and Forest

Sept
Not a great first half Vs Fulham but 1 up
Leicester madness

Oct
50/50 first half vs Arse IMO. First half of the half them, latter half ours
Brighton - boring but winning 1 nil
Everton - boring but 0-0
Man United - terrible first half but 0-0 - 2nd half was worse
Newcastle - terrible and 2 down
Bournemouth - terrible and 2 down

Oct
Liverpool - terrible 2 down
Leeds- Chaos - 2 down

Dec
Brentford - terrible - 2 down

Jan
Villa - boring but 0-0 - 2nd half was worse
Arse - ergh - terrible
Palace - boring but 0-0 then won easily
City away - not bad a 2 up!
Fulham 1 nil up first half

Feb

1-0 up against City and comfortable
Leicester - yeah
Spam - 0-0 and comfortable
Chelsea 0-0 and comfortable

To me, the bold ones were the terrible first half games. They all came back to back mostly. I think there was a couple of CL games and the league cup loss too but I'm sticking to the bread and butter.
The Leicester loss aside, we've looked steady and comfortable in the first half for most of January.
Even going 1 down early in Milan wasn't a bad half, just a total brain fart that we got over and dug in well.

He should at least have had a yellow for the tackle and another for the push in the face - and it WAS a push in the face (Emerson's shoulder just got in the way a bit).
I know you've got a strong desire to protect the underdog, but this has spilled over into defending the indefensible.
seriously?

you think two blokes pushing each other is violent conduct?

By football rules it is, which shows how shit the game has become - and so he should have been booked for it, one would assume. Particularly as Royal deliberately ran into him, and was booked for doing so - sauce for the goose etc

But you can't deny that he was incited by Royal deliberately barging him in the back. The farce was that it had to be settled by reviewing it on TV, the ref should have bollocked the pair of them and told them to behave.

I was simply stating what the decision was made for, not whether it was right or wrong - and certainly not for the way the whole incident was handled.

To me - this would have been an ideal sin bin moment - sent the guilty off for 10 minutes to cool down, and then get on with the game.

I still don't understand how the fuck does Ziyech not get sent off. Not for the push on Royal's face, but because he should get two yellows. The ref already has his yellow card out to book him for the foul when the handbags start. Surely he has to book him for the foul still, and then a yellow for the face push?

Really shit refereeing to forget the card for the foul.
I was pissed off at HT but at FT I was glad he didn’t get a red. Otherwise Sky, the press and their lot would all be claiming we only won because they only had 10 men.

I think our first halves have been significantly better in 2023 but I think people make out a little bit that this is a whole season problem when it's not.

August 2022 no stand out bad first halves
Chelsea was bad but we drew the game
West Ham was but we drew
Beat, Southampton, Wolves and Forest

Sept
Not a great first half Vs Fulham but 1 up
Leicester madness

Oct
50/50 first half vs Arse IMO. First half of the half them, latter half ours
Brighton - boring but winning 1 nil
Everton - boring but 0-0
Man United - terrible first half but 0-0 - 2nd half was worse
Newcastle - terrible and 2 down
Bournemouth - terrible and 2 down

Oct
Liverpool - terrible 2 down
Leeds- Chaos - 2 down

Dec
Brentford - terrible - 2 down

Jan
Villa - boring but 0-0 - 2nd half was worse
Arse - ergh - terrible
Palace - boring but 0-0 then won easily
City away - not bad a 2 up!
Fulham 1 nil up first half

Feb

1-0 up against City and comfortable
Leicester - yeah
Spam - 0-0 and comfortable
Chelsea 0-0 and comfortable

To me, the bold ones were the terrible first half games. They all came back to back mostly. I think there was a couple of CL games and the league cup loss too but I'm sticking to the bread and butter.
The Leicester loss aside, we've looked steady and comfortable in the first half for most of January.
Even going 1 down early in Milan wasn't a bad half, just a total brain fart that we got over and dug in well.
I agree we weren't terrible yesterday or Spam first halves, and we were fairly comfortable but we also weren't very threatening. A lot of the first half yesterday I was just... bored. And sadly, that's happened far too often this season at home. Chelsea are a terrible team stuffed with some brilliant individuals and we just didn't offer much apart from the Hojbjerg shot. Maybe we were giving them too much respect (understandable given their record against us) and we were sitting back waiting for the pumelling which would never come? I don't know.

I agree we weren't terrible yesterday or Spam first halves, and we were fairly comfortable but we also weren't very threatening. A lot of the first half yesterday I was just... bored. And sadly, that's happened far too often this season at home. Chelsea are a terrible team stuffed with some brilliant individuals and we just didn't offer much apart from the Hojbjerg shot. Maybe we were giving them too much respect (understandable given their record against us) and we were sitting back waiting for the pumelling which would never come? I don't know.
Yeah, our attack is still not clicking. When was the last time Kulu scored? Rich had a few cracks but all his shots were quite poor. Kane finds a way to score but he's not at his creative pomp of last season. Son... the less said the better really.

At least we now have a team where CMs and WBs score a fair few goals.

I think a lot of the time the boredom is the responsibility of both teams.
Chelsea may not score many, but they don't concede loads either. Which is weird given they have a donky at CB and a calamity in goal.

Back
Top Bottom