Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley (7/12/19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They both had a few injuries, 4 months is a short time really, they have to get use to the league, the culture. I don't think either of them speak great english.
Jose said it will take time as did his predecessor. I think we need to be patient
I can't help thinking we're making excuses here! Personally I've lost patience (lump in Lamela too).

Aguero barely speaks English but seems to be doing well enough.

Ndombele has Lloris, Sissoko expats. Vertonghen and Alderweireld will also speak French.

Lo Celso has Foyth, Lamela, Sanchez and the remnants of Pochetino's Argentinian mafia who are still at the club. Almost certainly Lucas and Dier will have Spanish ability. They'll get offered language and cultural lessons, and translators for tactics and training.

4 months is plenty to learn each others names!

There's not much we can do about injuries but they're on 100K a week and we need them performing week in week out. Ndombele has had four months to get fit which is plenty, and yet struggles past 60 minutes.

No excuses!

Both should start today (but they won't!)

YpIUPqI.jpg

Whiteman, Verts, Winks, Sissoko, Ndombele, Eriksen, Moura
I love the idea of an experiment like this, but Foyth and Lo Celso in centre-mid could be suicide as they are both inexperienced

I can't help thinking we're making excuses here! Personally I've lost patience (lump in Lamela too).

Aguero barely speaks English but seems to be doing well enough.

Ndombele has Lloris, Sissoko expats. Vertonghen and Alderweireld will also speak French.

Lo Celso has Foyth, Lamela, Sanchez and the remnants of Pochetino's Argentinian mafia who are still at the club. Almost certainly Lucas and Dier will have Spanish ability. They'll get offered language and cultural lessons, and translators for tactics and training.

4 months is plenty to learn each others names!

There's not much we can do about injuries but they're on 100K a week and we need them performing week in week out. Ndombele has had four four months to get fit which is plenty, and yet struggles past 60 minutes.

No excuses!

Both should start today (but they won't!)
You can't really be telling people how much time they need, you don't walk in their shoes, everybody is different. Sme need less time than 4 months, some need much more.
The really is no choice but to be patient because what else can we do? Sell them?

I don't think mourinho will go for this today but I'd like to see ..

_____________________gazziniga_____________________

Aurier__________toby____________sanchez_____verts

________________dier____________n'dombele__________

_________lo celso________dele______________son_______

__________________________kane_______________________

They won't get used to the league sitting on the bench....
Lo Celso is the frustrating one for me. Hot property in summer off a brilliant season in La Liga. £60 mil player and can't get a game ahead of the likes of Winks or Sissoko. Looks decent each time he plays. Can keep the ball, link the play, tracks back and does the defensive side well. Scored goals last year. Our midfield is shit but apparently neither Poch nor Mour think he's ready.

Post Eriksen we badly need both GLC and Ndombele in the team, and sooner the better so they can adapt.

Maybe they both saw something in training that us mortals haven’t

Frustrating though I’ll give you that

Think we will see Eriksen or GLC come in for Lucas, need someone to pick a pass through the Burnley defence.
They will deal with Toby’s long passes and crosses into the box all day.

Back
Top Bottom