Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley (7/12/19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lots and lots of positives today..

1) Kane's 2 wonder goals
2) Son's goal of the season.
3) Alround great performance.

But for me what was pleasing was how we reactedafterour first defeat underJose. I knew time was up for Poch when I saw how we reacted after some poor defeats. We never looked like we cared and put in an even worse performance, but today, the reaction was fantastic and the players responded for Jose.

But to top all that, I saw Sir Moussa Sissoko score again that's 2 home games on the trot.. To hear the crowd singing "he scores when he wants" will live on forever..

Great performance, great day.. Privileged.

Times up Jose.. Looks like everyone was right..Al we heard after the appointment was how we will have to live with boring park the bus football, and they were all right. It's been shocking, 16 goals in 5 games is unacceptable.

Shove your 'park the bus football' up ya arse..

A clean sheet?

giphy.gif

Give seasegnon a go for god sake at least he may add some pace to our team. God we could do with a lennon or bale now. As for the team struggling to pick it basically picks itself. All but the middle of the park. Guessing winks will be out injured or suspended as he got his 5th yellow card
Gotta give it to you.. That is the worst spelling of Sessegnon I've seen yet.

Felt a bit like a 16/17 type game where we just steam roller teams.

Liked that we switched from the 4231 to the 442 early second half and managed to shut this one down, this is the Mourinho we want, also liked that Skipp, Sessegnon and Parrott got minutes.

Son's goal was absolutely brilliant, the sort of goal you see once a decade or something and by the Maradona's and Weah's of this world. Outstanding goal, but more than that I've been impressed by how Mourinho has got Son working better without the ball. I also loved it when he lost his shit with Alli after Alli fucked up that great 2v1 when it was still a 2-0 game. His deft through ball for Sissoko was also outstanding. All round, not just because of his goal, this was possibly his best game in a Spurs shirt, and there's been some good-uns.

I also thought Kane was looking a bit like vintage Kane today, two cracking goals, lots of hustle, that wonderful first time through ball for Sissoko which looked simple but took out three players and was perfect weight and place for Sissoko to run onto.

Last edited:
Great response to the no-show in the week, in fact, the only response as it was everything that Wed wasn't.

Special callouts for Dier who apart from getting caught in possession by J Rod that led to an attack I thought he had a very solid game, positionally excellent, making the right choices of when to stand a player up of engaging them, played some sweet passes too. I've called Lucas out for his off the ball work but today he put in a shift so only right to mention it when it's good and I thought Vertonghen had a super game all round.

Sonny's goal will be played for years to come.

Back
Top Bottom