Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley (7/12/19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Of course it does.

If it had been the other way round, every single Spurs fan on Earth would have been howling for a penalty. You know it
Today was a more blatant hand ball to me. Not saying I wouldn’t be howling for a penalty if the situation was flipped but it hit his armpit. If his arm did not exist then it still would have hit his body. The handball today would have travelled completely untouched if the arm was not there.

He had an OK game (certainly not fantastic).

I expect any competent footballer playing for a PL club to win headers, make tackles and pass the ball. It's the first line in the job description.

He's over six feet tall and weighs far too much, so I'd expect strength as well.

Remember this was against Burnley's journeymen who were awful today.

Dier was OK - no more.

No other complaints. A very good team performance with the goal of the season so far.
None of this makes sense to me.

Yes any PL a player does those things. Dier did so at a high rate this game. Not every PL player does that.

Yes he’s big so we should expect strength. That doesn’t mean that when he uses his strength well we shouldn’t care.

For me it’s like saying “yeah Kane’s goals were good but he has a strong shot so I’d expect it, it’s the first line in his job description”

Who cares that it was against Burnleys journeymen??? Were the rest of our team not playing against burnley? Did nobody have a good game because it’s burnleys journeyman? Was sonny’s Goal bang-average because burnley?

This whole post to me reads like “Yeah he was good but it doesn’t count”

But whatever, I guess I just don’t get it. Great match today COYS

Doesn’t he play LB for Belgium? Or at least he used to? - I think he’s pretty happy filling in. 👍🏻

There was a time when we used him as a LB and he wasn't exactly excited about it (even though he did play LB for Belgium at that time as well)... said that CB was his preferred position. In the current context I do think he's ok with this position. Times have changed.

A piece of individual magic but I remember a similar goal of Sonny a couple of years back, at Wembley when he ran all the way down the right side and we were yelling at him to pass it (thinking it was going to be taken off him) but he ran on and scored.
My memory is crap, but wasn’t that against Real?

Can't stop watching THAT GOAL, the way Sonny vapourises the defence, it's astonishing.

Does Jan get an assist?

People have compared it to Maradona in 1986, it actually reminded me more of this by Saeed Al-Owairan eight years later, one of my favourite non-Spurs goals...

The Desert Pele

Checked out the Ronaldo goal Mourinho was talking about...

He didn't run as far and the finish was messier, but look at how many times that first defender either kicks him or pulls his shirt and he still got away....also did you notice who got the assist...our very own Gheorghe Popescu, he left us the season before this.

Back
Top Bottom