Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley (7/12/19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No harm to give Burnley a right good hiding. That’s where the rot set in back in February and they’ve caused us problems in a few other games over last few seasons.

Great result. Just home. Few periods where aurier was terrible but overall very pleasing to see our desire and hunger back at last. Kane looked a bit sharper but my god how fucking good is son. Seeing him live in that sort of mood is frightening.

Burnley 'fans' currently trying to take the Volunteer pub.
f3ee970a8a4e2a73fd8a6df1d8a3c3af.jpg

Fucking COYS.

BELIEVE MOTHERFUCKERS.

I just can’t wait for Chelsea and our home games 2020. Bring it the fuck on.

(Apologies to Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman for the excessive use of the F word!
:dembelelol:

Look forward to catching up with TFC bods on the 22nd - sitting in block 323 for that one courtesy of Rocket Rocket - A top man).

Last edited:
I'd play the under-11's

Oh dear God... you just HAD to say it, didn't you?

Solskjaer was possibly 90 minutes away from getting sacked on Wednesday night. A team reborn all of a sudden after good old Spurs did what they always do at Old Trafford, not show up and roll over and save his job.

I still think we have a good chance of Top 4. Man U are still fairly shit with a manager out of his depth regardless of outcome here. Chelsea have hit the skids a bit too. 3 defeats in last 4 with only a very nervy win at home to Aston Villa breaking that sequence.

Great performance and result. Just what was needed. Most pleasing thing was you could actually see some tactical and positional changes to our play today which were really effective. I don’t think Mourinho is trying to get us playing long balls, but we were trying to stretch the pitch as much as possible and then play balls directly in behind the full backs. Worked really well with Sonny and Aurier overlapping on the other side! Enjoyable Day!

Burnley are EXACTLY the type of team we've struggled against in the past... they set up solid, and deep, get everyone behind the ball and hope for a counter attack breakaway goal...
In years gone by we've struggled to break them down (last season at Wembley was a SLOG, even though we scraped a win... EVENTUALLY!!)

...but not today!

Every league has teams like Burnley... and good for them, they cut their cloth accordingly.... it's no crime.

Hull, West Brom and Stoke have done it before, and we've never had an answer to it... until TODAY!

TIDE'S A CHANGIN'!!

I wish I had got a seat in the south stand instead of the north. I would have had a better view of Son's amazing goal. Having said that, I had a really good view of Kane's 2nd goal and Sissoko's effort.

We are an odd side. But there is enough there for any good coach to work with. I'm left wondering about Pochettino's mentality. We are four players off being a completely ungovernable ass kicking machine. RB, LB, CDM, CB. Let's for arguments sake say. Atal, Zakaria, Unpamecano, Chilwell. Of that lot only Chilwell is a reach. That's all we'd need with an integrated Lo Celso and Sessingnon. So what had happened to Poch that he could not see it through. Odd indeed. But if we get four sound players we will back in the mix over to Levy....

Back
Top Bottom