Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley (7/12/19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thats exactly why we need him. Poch never changed anything he did. When we started becoming predictable, he should have changed to a 4-3-3, 4-1-3-2 or something different. He was stubborn and maintained he'd decided and that was final. Enter the UEFA Champions league final. Even the players publicly said it. Mourinho needs to have a different approach. Le Celso can be utalised as a wing or an ATM. And he is great in the tackle. I'd have him over Matic (who is rumoured to be coming) any day.

Le Celso is too good to be a bench player, with our current personel and the way Jose has spoken, the versitility of Sissoko, will help the team, in midfield and on the right, we have up top Moura,Son,Lamela,Sess Ali, who can play behind the striker.Son can be deployed in the Ali role with Sess on the left or right, we also have Lamela.

Our default formation will be 4-2-3-1, with probably having another body in the midfield against the top tier teams. In our current set up the only spot is Moura's spot.

The problem with the 4--3-3 is it hampers Ali's game, the 4-1-3-2, can work but Le Celso will find himself on the right of the three.
Unless you are thinking a Dier like player sitting, with a three of Ndombele,Ali, and Le Celso, behind Son and Kane.

He won every header in the midfield area , broke up play , intercepted the ball, won tackles, showed strength ...but gave the ball away a couple of times , he had a good game today
He had an OK game (certainly not fantastic).

I expect any competent footballer playing for a PL club to win headers, make tackles and pass the ball. It's the first line in the job description.

He's over six feet tall and weighs far too much, so I'd expect strength as well.

Remember this was against Burnley's journeymen who were awful today.

Dier was OK - no more.

No other complaints. A very good team performance with the goal of the season so far.

Le Celso is too good to be a bench player, with our current personel and the way Jose has spoken, the versitility of Sissoko, will help the team, in midfield and on the right, we have up top Moura,Son,Lamela,Sess Ali, who can play behind the striker.Son can be deployed in the Ali role with Sess on the left or right, we also have Lamela.

Our default formation will be 4-2-3-1, with probably having another body in the midfield against the top tier teams. In our current set up the only spot is Moura's spot.

The problem with the 4--3-3 is it hampers Ali's game, the 4-1-3-2, can work but Le Celso will find himself on the right of the three.
Unless you are thinking a Dier like player sitting, with a three of Ndombele,Ali, and Le Celso, behind Son and Kane.
Do you think the result of the UEFA final would have been the same if we went all put attack, as we went against City the first game.? I believe Liverpools bus would have had a flat wheel. Attack is our DNA. Eriksen and Lamela prooved that.

Still in the pub after having watched the game there... I leave the analysis to when I will sober up, anyway :
"
porto, United, inter, Madrid
now he hates the Chelsea scum
Jose is a yiiiid
Jose is a yiiid!"

Oh, and Son scored that goal in front of me
Thank you, football

How can you judge and say he's not needed when you didn't even watch him play enough?

What on earth are you talking about?

I didn't say he's not needed.... Or that he isn't quality.....

I am not Poch or Jose....

You continue to make no sense.

Back
Top Bottom