Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley (7/12/19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lots and lots of positives today..

1) Kane's 2 wonder goals
2) Son's goal of the season.
3) Alround great performance.

But for me what was pleasing was how we reactedafterour first defeat underJose. I knew time was up for Poch when I saw how we reacted after some poor defeats. We never looked like we cared and put in an even worse performance, but today, the reaction was fantastic and the players responded for Jose.

But to top all that, I saw Sir Moussa Sissoko score again that's 2 home games on the trot.. To hear the crowd singing "he scores when he wants" will live on forever..

Great performance, great day.. Privileged.

Burnley were crap but we made them look crap which is very welcome. Huge win going into 2 very tricky ties (Wolves and Chelsea). I liked the tactics in this game and I think Mourinho is getting it. Stretching the game with cross field passes and get the ball to our best players. The less time it spends in Dier/Winks/Sissokos feat the better. Get it to Son/Kane/Delli and see what they can make happen.

Still don’t think Moura is the best option on the right though. It’s very clear that Son and Aurier are the outlets on the wings so it would make sense to perhaps have Lo Celso in front of Aurier as that right side is very fragile defensively. Both the Man U goals came from the right so it will be interesting to see what he’ll line up with against Chelsea.

Onwards and upwards

COYS!!

Times up Jose.. Looks like everyone was right..Al we heard after the appointment was how we will have to live with boring park the bus football, and they were all right. It's been shocking, 16 goals in 5 games is unacceptable.

Shove your 'park the bus football' up ya arse..

Tremendous stuff today. Just the antidote for that abomination of a performance on Wednesday.
I actually feel sorry for the other goalscorers though because Son simply stole the show with that thing of beauty. I can’t stop watching it on re run.
Great stuff from the boys today.
:coys:

I liked the tactics in this game.
Stretching the game with cross field passes and get the ball to our best players quickly.
Still don’t think Moura is the best option on the right though. Maybe Lo Celso in front of Aurier as that right side is very fragile defensively. Both the Man U goals came from the right.
Good post and points.
Disagree about Lucas. I though his overall contribution was his best ever defensively. He scored and also created a few good opps.
But GLC will (I hope) be a good option in some games and perhaps v United he would have been a better pick than Lucas.

Was nice to actually keep going at them for more today rather than being happy with what we had and passing sideways to see the game out! We could have easily had 3 or 4 more today if we were a bit more clinical

In response to JIMINHO, Burnley Definatley were not crap. OK, they made some silly defensive errors but they never gave up. I think if this game had been played earlier in the season we would have seen a different outcome.
All credit to the Lads today, they are showing real resilience.
As for Burnley, they will bounce back from this result because they were very good going forward today.
Crap, they were not.

Burnley were crap but we made them look crap which is very welcome. Huge win going into 2 very tricky ties (Wolves and Chelsea). I liked the tactics in this game and I think Mourinho is getting it. Stretching the game with cross field passes and get the ball to our best players. The less time it spends in Dier/Winks/Sissokos feat the better. Get it to Son/Kane/Delli and see what they can make happen.

Still don’t think Moura is the best option on the right though. It’s very clear that Son and Aurier are the outlets on the wings so it would make sense to perhaps have Lo Celso in front of Aurier as that right side is very fragile defensively. Both the Man U goals came from the right so it will be interesting to see what he’ll line up with against Chelsea.

Onwards and upwards

COYS!!

Perry Groves commentating kept droning on and on about how awful Burnley were without giving us any credit at all

Had to listen to the salty cunt as I was driving up North

Dictionary definition of a feel good win. Sissoko you cheeky fuck. Son, we needed that after the Yanited shocker. COYS. Kane: mon capitain. Yids!

Back
Top Bottom