Tottenham Hotspur v Bournemouth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The characters in our squad are fantastic:
  • Heung Min 'always smiling' Son
  • Dele, the wind-up merchant extraordinaire
  • Harry, the model professional
  • Eriksen and his sardonic danish wit
  • Erik 'piss boiling, yellow card' Lamela
  • Serge 'absolutely fucking insane' Aurier
  • Ben 'brains of the operation' Davies
Starting to resemble a classic heist movie.
:sonpoint:
Pochettino's 11 has a nice ring to it.

Photoshop aces! Do your thing

I agree with a back 3 against the <removed>s, but if you're putting Toby/Sanchez/Verts in a back line - why not chuck Moura in the mix to tear up the left flank, and string together some lovely 1-2's with Son?

I was tempted, but I think Dele will be important in the games without Kane. He can hold the ball up and makes the runs that creates room. I’d be happy if either started.

We seem better balanced going forward when Kane went off today. Because we lost our talisman, our spear head, Bournemouth didn't know what to do so it opened it up for us. Kane is such a dominate figure in the team, others seem to play support. Today, once he went off, the others had freedom to express themselves. Im not suggesting we are better without him just that it changes our focus and everyone seems to muck in wanting to score. IMO

Swansea (A) *Cup
Chelsea (A)
Stoke (A)
City (H)
Brighton (A)

Season defining few weeks. Come out of these matches unbeaten and top 4 will be ours.

I've said this now for long enough, but Son gets no where near the credit he's due. If he was Brazilian, or Spanish, or even Portuguese he'd be getting his balls sucked left right and centre. Just goes to show that a player like Son, who's scored more than most out and out number 9's in this league, and is only 2 league goals behind Lukaku (which is insane), gets less attention simply because he's Korean.

If Lukaku scored 2 against Bournemouth today, he'd have a 2 hour Radio special dedicated to him.

Which is bonkers in the first place, since his nationality is just an added marketability for Spurs to a market much more lucrative than Spain or Portugal.

Eddie Howe complaining that the big decisions went against him today. Some people
What?.
They would have scored an offside goal but hit the bar.
Still not sure when they did it wasn’t handball. Looked like it. But nobody’s really questioned it.
We were denied a penalty
What big decisions.
The push in the back. Which was a push?

What?.
They would have scored an offside goal but hit the bar.
Still not sure when they did it wasn’t handball. Looked like it. But nobody’s really questioned it.
We were denied a penalty
What big decisions.
The push in the back. Which was a push?
I agree with most of this - though I must admit I thought the 'push' was a bit soft. Hardly ever see that given, but I suppose we had the benefit of Dean looking straight at them.

It's unbelievable how many second rate ex pros are blagging a living in the US by posing as expert "soccer" pundits.
You’d be more surprised by the shear number of no-rate pub-level players who are stealing a very comfortable living charging parents $1000s per kid, per season, to play for their little clubs all on the basis that they’ve an English accent thus must be an expert.

And people wonder why, with our population, we can’t develop more talent.

You’d be more surprised by the shear number of no-rate pub-level players are stealing a very comfortable living charging parent’s $1000s per kid, per season, to play for their little clubs all on the basis that they’ve an English accent thus must be an expert.

And people wonder why with our population we can’t develop more talent.
Not sure I understood your post fully.
Are you saying that parents PAY the clubs, so that little Johnny can play ??

I agree with most of this - though I must admit I thought the 'push' was a bit soft. Hardly ever see that given, but I suppose we had the benefit of Dean looking straight at them.
It’s was a push. When you are in the air it doesn’t have to be hard. hes not going to be blatant either is he, like the push on Dele in the corner.
If sanchez had fucked it up, why the need to push anyway. Tells me everything..
He wasn’t competing for the ball either. Somits a foul.
Guarantee if wilson would have jumped for a clear header and Sanchez done the same he would have got a penalty.

Anyway didn’t hear Howe complaining about big decisions going against them when Wilson was offside and put the ball into the net with his arm to salvage a point in added time against West Ham . A point they needed

Or me for that matter

Last edited:
And you're talking £000's rather than the £5 a week or so that's paid over here ??
It costs thousands in dues to get a kid onto a “competitive” youth club team. Parents foot the bills for kit, insurance, travel, and lodging. All the clubs really provide is coaching and organizing the schedules.

The model is completely upside down primarily because we haven’t had a traditional academy system feeding into a professional system. Youth sports were traditionally viewed as a schools/community thing, not a player development tool. Regardless of sport the model has always been community youth sports -> school sports -> university sports -> professional sports.

If you want to look at it entirely cynically, our professional sports teams have their talent developed for them, traditionally, at the taxpayers’ expense.

Into this model have come competitive “travel” teams (that play tournaments all over the country). In exchange for $1000s, “expert” coaches will take your kid on - the selling point being this will provide your kid with a shortcut to success and a college scholarship. In reality, it’s all just a scam so a bunch of half-rate has beens and never weres don’t have to go get real jobs like the rest of us did when our athletic careers crapped out.

Back
Top Bottom