Tottenham Hotspur v Bournemouth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

zzz.png

:dierno:
I imagine Pochettino and Levy had a quick word with Mike Dean in the tunnel at half time.

Loathe as I was to abandon the insight of Andy Hinchcliif, my Sky stream conked out in the 2nd half and I switched to an NBC one. Talk about out of the frying pan, the expert summariser was Andy Townsend, who managed one classic Townsendism when we were at 2-1 - "If Spurs can get another goal and take it to 3-1, that will extend their lead comfortably"

stream_img.jpg
I was on that stream, he was as usual absolutely dog shit. He was roasting Aurier all match (who I thought was excellent) I nice classic was having just seen Rose put his cross into row z and 20 seconds later Aurier over hit his, he said how much better (a word that he uses approx 100 times in each commentary) Rose would have done. Within a minute Aurier put in a delicious assist for our equaliser. As Aurier headed home for his goal the bus was in full reverse mode telling us all how great he "could be, if only he could cross BETTER".

Wanker!

In all my Spurs supporting life I don't think I've ever loved a player quite the way I love Son . Such a sublime performance again today.
His exuberance and vitality rubs off on the rest of the team and his smile when he scores!!!!. I have unnatural feelings for him. Almost go as far to say my favourite all time player
The characters in our squad are fantastic:
  • Heung Min 'always smiling' Son
  • Dele, the wind-up merchant extraordinaire
  • Harry, the model professional
  • Eriksen and his sardonic danish wit
  • Erik 'piss boiling, yellow card' Lamela
  • Serge 'absolutely fucking insane' Aurier
  • Ben 'brains of the operation' Davies
Starting to resemble a classic heist movie.
:sonpoint:

Not going to disagree, even with a cunt as massive as Chris Sutton.

I've said this now for long enough, but Son gets no where near the credit he's due. If he was Brazilian, or Spanish, or even Portuguese he'd be getting his balls sucked left right and centre. Just goes to show that a player like Son, who's scored more than most out and out number 9's in this league, and is only 2 league goals behind Lukaku (which is insane), gets less attention simply because he's Korean.

If Lukaku scored 2 against Bournemouth today, he'd have a 2 hour Radio special dedicated to him.

Just how fucking brilliant Eriksen was today? For me he was our standout MoTM, pulled the strings and without the ball worked his shocks off, lost count of the number of times he won the ball back. Another excellent performance from Dele, tireless pressing, lots of runs pulling defenders away, nice range of passing and always putting a foot in. Another goal, and what a fabulous assist for Son! He is at the heart of every attack.

Thought Sanchez was great too along with Aurier. Son, magical player beautifully quick feet, he has the heart of a lion. Thank fuck he's finally got a song, long, long time over due.

Great subs by Poch today, Lamela coming on swung the game completely in our favour, Bournemouth who always press us to be fair and always give it a go, simply fel away after Lamela's arrival.

On the negative Wanyama just doesn't look fit, actually looks injured and not moving well. With Kane's injury I believe it will not be too bad, it's the same ankle, this is a good thing because his ligaments would allready be stretched from his previous two injuries (It will always be like this), he might be out for a short while but shouldn't be as long as the first injury.

Up the Spurs!

Last edited:
If Kane is out of the Chelsea match and Alderweirled is fit then I’d play Chelsea at their own game. Play a false so they don’t know who to pick up.

- Lloris -
- Alderweireld Sanchez Vertonghen -
- Trippier - Dier - Dembele - Davies -
- Eriksen - Dele -
- Son -​

I agree with a back 3 against the <removed>s, but if you're putting Toby/Sanchez/Verts in a back line - why not chuck Moura in the mix to tear up the left flank, and string together some lovely 1-2's with Son?

Just how fucking brilliant Eriksen was today? For me he was our standout MoTM, pulled the strings and without the ball worked his shocks off, lots count of the number of time he won the ball back. Another excellent performance from Dele, tireless pressing, lots of runs pulling defenders away, nice range of passing and always putting a foot in. Another goal, and what a fabulous assist for Son! He is at the heart of every attack.

Thought Sanchez was great too along with Aurier. Son, magical player beautifully quick feet, he has the heart of a lion. Thank fuck he's finally got a song, long, long time over due.

Great subs by Poch today, Lamela coming on swung the game completely in our favour, Bournemouth who always press us to be fair and always give it a go, simply feel away after Lamela's arrival.

On the negative Wanyama just doesn't look fit, actually looks injured and not moving well. With Kane's injury I believe it will not be too bad, it's the same ankle, this is a good thing because his ligaments would allready be stretched from his previous two injuries (It will always be like this), he might be out for a short while but shouldn't be as long as the first injury.

Up the Spurs!
The more highlights I watch, and comments like this I read - starting to regret taking the boy to the Southend vs Doncaster game today. Abysmal 90 minutes of football and no goals scored. At least I was there on someone else's season ticket - not even the £20 father & son deal they do was worth it for the Sunday league level shit we watched. Still, £3.20 for a pint of Stella can't be argued (Southend is the local team by the way lol).

The more highlights I watch, and comments like this I read - starting to regret taking the boy to the Southend vs Doncaster game today. Abysmal 90 minutes of football and no goals scored. At least I was there on someone else's season ticket - not even the £20 father & son deal they do was worth it for the Sunday league level shit we watched. Still, £3.20 for a pint of Stella can't be argued (Southend is the local team by the way lol).
May god have mersey on your soul.

The characters in our squad are fantastic:
  • Heung Min 'always smiling' Son
  • Dele, the wind-up merchant extraordinaire
  • Harry, the model professional
  • Eriksen and his sardonic danish wit
  • Erik 'piss boiling, yellow card' Lamela
  • Serge 'absolutely fucking insane' Aurier
  • Ben 'brains of the operation' Davies
Starting to resemble a classic heist movie.
:sonpoint:

Maury's Heroes.

In all my Spurs supporting life I don't think I've ever loved a player quite the way I love Son . Such a sublime performance again today.
His exuberance and vitality rubs off on the rest of the team and his smile when he scores!!!!. I have unnatural feelings for him. Almost go as far to say my favourite all time player

Try and remember this come June, when you start accusing Levy of only buying shit

Back
Top Bottom