Tottenham Hotspur v APOEL Nicosia, Champions League - Matchday Six

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looks like I was wrong about Kane playing! Good stuff get that lad fit and firing for Saturday..

Dortmund won't be too impressed

would like to see edwards given a go in this but somehow i doubt it. his relationship with poch seems very frosty compared to a year ago when poch was hailing him as mini messi. now he just says he's not ready

Pochettino on comparing Marcus Edwards to Messi: "Maybe I made a mistake. I believed it was positive and he would take it in a positive way. When you are young, sometimes you need more time. We still trust in him that he can be important. It's up to him to show us and everyone at Tottenham that he deserves it. He need to work hard, like different players."

TL,DR - "Marcus is dead to me"

:pochsmirk:

Pochettino on comparing Marcus Edwards to Messi: "Maybe I made a mistake. I believed it was positive and he would take it in a positive way. When you are young, sometimes you need more time. We still trust in him that he can be important. It's up to him to show us and everyone at Tottenham that he deserves it. He need to work hard, like different players."

TL,DR - "Marcus is dead to me"

:pochsmirk:
Have faith. Still younger than most our homegrowns when they made their debut. If anyone can bring him on it's Poch. Hope he steps up to the challenge. Said N'Koudou has to grow up also.

When the fuck is Pete Bastard gonna get dat call up???? :lamelaaghh:

(Windy doesn't even seem to be aware of him..... )

Now that Poch has stated the player news I think I will change my lineup.

Vorm
Aurier Sanchez Foyth Rose
Winks Sissoko
Son Dele GKN
Llorente

Gaz, Vert, Dembele, KWP, Sterling, Amos.

Smart. Dele's problem isn't fatigue (not playing those first three CL games probably helps with that), but rather a lack of form. If he needs to play his way back to his best (as was the case last season) then this is a good match to let him go out there and express himself.

Eriksen, on the other hand, appears to be quite the opposite. Hopefully he won't even be on the bench. Go spend a couple of days in Denmark or something.

The second-placed teams from the A-D groups we can draw are Basel, Bayern, and Juve. I guess you'd want one from the other half - currently Sevilla, Shaktar and Porto.

All tricky though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom