Tottenham fans

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where were you sat? Wasn't exactly a cauldron but supportive throughout and plenty of singing down in park lane/shelf

I was in the Paxton (I know)... Heard a few bits from the Park Lane, and that side of the Shelf. I'd say it was average to be honest.

Swansea was louder from where I sit, but that could have been the boner factor of first game of the season. And although that was a Sunday game, it was also a Bank Holiday!

Wasn't amazed at the atmosphere? But it wasn't shit either.

I think the talking is partly because it's still one of our first few home games so everyone's catching up, silly as it sounds.

S3 is back with a vengeance, wouldn't leave the first 5-10 rows alone.

Ouch! Back from two years off...?!

S3 got moved round to the corner of Park Lane and Shelf (31/32 corner) for a few games last season.
At the Dinamo Tbsili (sp?) game a proper jobs worth was literally screaming at people for them to sit down in Block 32, can't remember the jacket number but we sang 'xxxx you're a cunt'.

Yeah I was there for that match, the amount of abuse Robinson had that match was tremendous and he took it like a man, think it made me love him more, sure the Spurs fans were chanting Englands number one and he turned around and held up three fingers as in Englands number three, bants. The selling out was just a means of the way Cardiff has been run in the past 15 years, the fans truly had no choice, im greatful in a way as now they are atleast financially stable bbut it isnt the same anymore :(
Robbo was quality.
Maybe I understood the Cardiff situation wrong. What I heard was they had to vote on whether to have increased financial investment and change the kit, the badge etc, or to keep to tradition and not have the money, and they chose the former because they thought it would get them to the PL.

S3 got moved round to the corner of Park Lane and Shelf (31/32 corner) for a few games last season.
At the Dinamo Tbsili (sp?) game a proper jobs worth was literally screaming at people for them to sit down in Block 32, can't remember the jacket number but we sang 'xxxx you're a cunt'.

That was rather amusing. He did not look impressed when everyone was stood up singing that.

Robbowas quality.
MaybAsi mistood the Cardiff situation wrong. What I heard was they had to vote on whether to have increased financial investment and change the kit, the badge etc, or to keep to tradition and not have the money, and they chose the former because they thought it would get them to the PL.
Nope, got taken over by Malaysian millionaire hand apparently his marketing team thought a rebrand would further enhance Cardiffs reputation in and outside of Wales, Dragons and the colour red being lucky in Malaysia also influencing it:bmj:The fans never had a choice on anything. The choice is accept it or dont go. As discussed on this weeks pod the clubs have the fans by the bollocks

Yeah that's where he was, right on the corner flag at the bottom.

Nope, got taken over by Malaysian millionaire hand apparently his marketing team thought a rebrand would further enhance Cardiffs reputation in and outside of Wales, Dragons and the colour red being lucky in Malaysia also influencing it:bmj:The fans never had a choice on anything. The choice is accept it or dont go. As discussed on this weeks pod the clubs have the fans by the bollocks

You're right, I remembered what happened incorrectly, though by this article it seems that the majority of fans didn't fight it very strongly.
http://supportersnotcustomers.com/2013/02/21/the-day-the-bluebirds-died/

Just stick to grotty European away days (Which I do) and you will avoid them.
If you insist on going to home games then try LT's which is basically a geezer tavern. To use the toilet you basically have to run through a cloud of cocaine. Love it.

Anyway, its been noted for years that our fans have been steadily turning more and more melty. Comes with the price of CL and being a tad more glamourous.

Best thing you've ever posted hahahaha, made my morning.

Jesus, the stuff you have to deal with over there.

My football team in Sweden plays in the second division and has about 10-15k supporters for every home game. If people were told to sit down during the games, no one would even bother to go. The football is dreadful and the board is a fucking joke, but that doesn't really matter as long as you can have a good time singing and jumping around.

Actually, the joke of a board did even make an April fools about this matter.
They put up a set of rules on the website that you could not drink beer, stand up or sing loudly at the new arena. Even those miserable, disastrously-unknowing-of-how-to-manage-a-football-club cunts know that that's pretty much all there is to it.

Both Tottenham and Hammarby (my local team), are working class teams that have played most of their years in top tier, managed to win the league once in about a hundred years and have had their fair share of misfortunes.
I'm not comparing the clubs, but I would not want to see my local team become any better footballing-wise if that meant they would lose the right to stand or something else in the supporter culture.

I will probably never even go to a league game at WHL, I'm a tourist and I don't know half the songs, I couldn't bear being part of what makes a place like Emirates be so shit. I'll maybe show up for a lesser cup game sometime in the future. Would love it if you guys could get something going on though.

Oh and btw, here's a clip of my Hammarby having some fun.
19:00 there's some good singing and then at about 34 minutes there's a little bit of burning of pyro, 39:00 some more burning and singing and then at 41 a goal reaction.

Last edited:
This is the first game at the new arena, it at 06:30 you can see the "town march" before the game, imagine this through London, ha! About 30k people later on the game.

Around the 16:30 mark the singing right before the game starts.

The atmosphere at English grounds in general is pony. The only two grounds I have been impressed with atmosphere wise in the last 5 years are Stoke and Wolves.

Go to Germany and watch a game then come back and watch a premier league game, the difference between the two sets of fans is embarrassing. Look at the noise the two German teams created at Wembley in May, if that was two English teams it would been 80,000 corporate fat cats with the odd "United" or "Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea" depending on which English team was in the final.

The atmosphere at English grounds in general is pony. The only two grounds I have been impressed with atmosphere wise in the last 5 years are Stoke and Wolves.

Go to Germany and watch a game then come back and watch a premier league game, the difference between the two sets of fans is embarrassing. Look at the noise the two German teams created at Wembley in May, if that was two English teams it would been 80,000 corporate fat cats with the odd "United" or "Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea" depending on which English team was in the final.

Remember a couple of years back against Pompey in the semi final. Pretty embarrassing because they were so much louder. I don't really believe it's English fans as a whole anyway, but the closer to the top of the English game you get, the more it is like a day out down the cinema, paying twenty quid to watch some kids movie.

I just love those vids of Hammerby, that's exactly how it should be at a football match, it must be a joy to attend a home game heroes and villains.

Huel is spot on the atmosphere at English grounds is pretty dire today. But it wasn't always like that, the 70's and 80's were great era's to watch football. Away games on the football specials with thousands travelling, cheap travel (often free while bunking it) cheap entrance fee's encouraged lots of youngsters to games who would sing non stop.
Funny enough with no internet in those days we just went to watch football matches, and not just Spurs! I would often go to 3 games a week, to Woolwich or west ham or chelsea with mates, if millwall or QPR or Charlton had interesting cup games that didn't clash with Spurs matches we would go to watch them. 94 games in a season was my personal record. And many thousands of football fans did the same, there didn't seem to be the hatred spouted about like today, and that is despite the football violence that was around then.

The game lost its soul with the loss of terraces and the advent of the Premier league IMO. The English game became awash with money, instead of sharing this windfall and keeping ticket prices down, the extra money just went into players pockets. Modern football is crap compared to what it used to be, you only have to see the piss poor atmosphere at matches to see that.
The German football model looks fantastic to me, even small German teams generate far better atmosphere than anything in the Premier league, yet they modeled it on OUR fans!!

And to think there are people who consider themselves 1882 Ultras who consider flares and smoke as "tacky and dangerous".

Says alot about why its so shit in England these days if thats how a "hardcore" supporter sees the atmosphere.

@ HeroesAndVillains HeroesAndVillains do you ever drink up the Tudor Arms? And do you know that Mellow Matt bloke?

I used to live in Stockholm, theres a pretty big organised Spurs fanbase.....used to do the NLD in OLearys on Götgatsbacken some years back.

You are 1000% right about the atmosphere in Sweden. Always liked the fact that despite the quality of football, and most people having a second team, you still created a real European cup final feeling at your games.

Went to your old ground a few times and to Rasunda a bit as I knew Samuel Ayorinde who played for AIK!

Back
Top Bottom