Tottenham fans

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've heard mixed opinions on the atmosphere today. A majority of people saying it was a brilliant atmosphere a few still staying the entire ground needs to get behind the team.
I'm just looking forward to Tromso at home, hopefully equally good.

I've heard mixed opinions on the atmosphere today. A majority of people saying it was a brilliant atmosphere a few still staying the entire ground needs to get behind the team.
I'm just looking forward to Tromso at home, hopefully equally good.

The entire ground has hardly ever got behind the team (at least in the all seater era), even in the days when the atmosphere was still good. West Stand is useless.

I think you've described all football fans. Fact is, the club has no real values any more under which we can all find agreement. Most people I encounter on match days are dicks. He'll, even my best mate who site with me every game has some views that would get rep raped to shit on here. I can't have a conversation about spurs with my dad anymore that doesn't result in me wanting to give him a slap.

The only place where I find myself regularly in agreement with other spurs fans is here. Best to stick with us sammy.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, I've had many heated arguments with my dad about football, especially after the Woolwich game this season, as my dad was disappointed that we didn't live up to our hype.

I thought the atmosphere was good today. The stewards were being cunty about standing most of the match (I know it's their job..) guess it's the start of the season thing.

There was a guy near me who was convinced that Soldado was bought from Sevilla, and that it was Negredo that was from Valencia. At one point he was arguing with about 3 people :paulinhofacepalm:

Sounded quite noisy on my Swedish stream.

Seemed noisy on my Malaysian and then American stream aswell. It obviously isn't as good as it used to be, but it's still better then a lot clubs in the league. I think the money side of it has a big contribution to people being 'cunty' as they paid an awful lot of money, so they expect to get their money's worth

I got put off sitting in Park Lane a couple of seasons back against Stoke. When we was 1-0 down I remember a group of lads hurling abuse at Kaboul and calling him a cunt. I tried to drown this out by starting a song, which no one joined in with, a few minutes later VDV equalised and then they changed their tune. I'm going to give Park Lane another try on Thursday and then a league game

Was sat in East lower near the Paxton and thought it was class, quite a bit of noise near me and in the Paxton as well as good noise from the Park Lane.

Tottenham fans are the same as most footy fans

noisy mostly when all is well, quiet as a mouse when the going gets tough

think we have a bad element that like abusing our own players too when they deem fit

that's why a movement like 1882 is great and I wish them every success in changing the atmosphere of every match and truely getting behind the team and all it's players

We have the best football fans in the world, we just all* need to start believing it for every minute of every day and especially for 90 minutes on match days.

*West Stand prawn sandwich brigade excluded.

:coys:

The Everton home support is the worst. I've been to about 5 games there and heards two chants. Cardiff make an immense atmosphere, especially in Ninian Park where the Grange End was all standing (swoon) that was proper support, slightly ASBO but a good laugh. Last properly good atmosphere I witnessed at the lane the old 'Harry Redknapp we want you to stay' was going around:harrysmile:

One of the things we always had over other more successful teams was our support. I hope we can get that back. I'm sure its something that could happen with proper interaction between the club and supporter groups and even 1882. I know the drum thing has been done to death, but surely in a multimillion pound industry the club should try to use every trick in the book to win a game. The fans can really be the twelfth man.

The Everton home support is the worst. I've been to about 5 games there and heards two chants. Cardiff make an immense atmosphere, especially in Ninian Park where the Grange End was all standing (swoon) that was proper support, slightly ASBO but a good laugh. Last properly good atmosphere I witnessed at the lane the old 'Harry Redknapp we want you to stay' was going around:harrysmile:
Cardiff never used to get enough fans at Ninian to generate any atmosphere aside big cup ties. Even then they were cunty. And the new ground is happy clappy central. Everything bad about the modern game. And their stupid red shirts

Last edited:
One of the things we always had over other more successful teams was our support. I hope we can get that back. I'm sure its something that could happen with proper interaction between the club and supporter groups and even 1882. I know the drum thing has been done to death, but surely in a multimillion pound industry the club should try to use every trick in the book to win a game. The fans can really be the twelfth man.

Well, I like to think I did my bit!
I know Ticker tape might not win us the league, but it's a bit of colourful fun as the teams come out!

Sorry if anyone went home with it in their hair!!!!

Back
Top Bottom