Tottenham fans

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cardiff never used to get enough fans at Ninian to generate any atmosphere aside big cup ties. Even then they were cunty. And the new ground is happy clappy central. Everything bad about the modern game. And their stupid red shirts
The shirt malarchy is horrific and I cant speak for the new stadium. But 6 years ago I went to every home game at Ninian and it was astounding atmosphere. Suppose if your surrounded by a thousand nutters chanting everything then it kind of overshadows the whole stadium. If 1882 matched those levels I would be in my oils

Wasn't exactly a cauldron but supportive throughout and plenty of singing down in park lane/shelf

Good to meet you briefly at HT....
I guess it must be the 'Power of the Avatar' but I expected you to look more like Darren Anderton!!

Agree with the atmosphere, not rafter shaking deafening, but fairly constant.

...and was it just me, or was the overall sound of people TALKING quite loud yesterday?
Never really stopped to notice it before, but there was a right undercurrent of babble going on pretty much throughout!
(interspersed by the singing, of course!)

Maybe it was a symptom of how comfortable the game was, as normally, in tight games, I'm either too nervous to talk, or too busy singing... Yesterday was just a jolly relaxing day out it seems!

UNSPURSY!!

The shirt malarchy is horrific and I cant speak for the new stadium. But 6 years ago I went to every home game at Ninian and it was astounding atmosphere. Suppose if your surrounded by a thousand nutters chanting everything then it kind of overshadows the whole stadium. If 1882 matched those levels I would be in my oils
I thought the atmosphere at Cardiff was fantastic when we played there in the cup a few years ago. I can't believe the level to which they've sold out though, I thought they had more integrity than that. I feel for the real Cardiff fans who rejected the changes.

Bubble has been burst for me over the last years. I see what everyone else has seen in us for years these days.
I used to think that it was an internet thing...but they are in the pubs, and at the games too. Cunts. Absolute cunts everywhere.

Fickle, deluded mongs.

There are exceptions to the rule, but.....just soooooooo many cunts.

Shocking.

Every club has it's idiots.

We definitely have some deluded fans, but Liverpool are easily the worst.

Scum fans are just fucking arrogant, ditto Chelsea but at least Scum aren't racist bigots.

I guess it must be the 'Power of the Avatar' but I expected you to look more like Darren Anderton!!

...and was it just me, or was the overall sound of people TALKING quite loud yesterday?
Never really stopped to notice it before, but there was a right undercurrent of babble going on pretty much throughout!

Maybe it was a symptom of how comfortable the game was, as normally, in tight games, I'm either too nervous to talk, or too busy singing... Yesterday was just a jolly relaxing day out it seems!

UNSPURSY!!
Spot on wth the people talking comment. I noticed that in the first half, weirdly loud.

UNSPURSY!!
Glad you had some noise. It was like a fucking morgue in the West Stand. They could barely even be bothered to stand up when the first goal went in. Never again.

Bubble has been burst for me over the last years. I see what everyone else has seen in us for years these days.
I used to think that it was an internet thing...but they are in the pubs, and at the games too. Cunts. Absolute cunts everywhere.

Fickle, deluded mongs.

There are exceptions to the rule, but.....just soooooooo many cunts.

Shocking.

I thought you lived abroad and very rarely got to make it back for games?

What are you basing your opinion on, if that is the still the case?

I was in east lower block 30 and thought the atmosphere was OK.

The stewards didn't give a fuck about people standing and I didn't see them asking anyone to sit down, shame we couldn't make the most of that.

I thought you lived abroad and very rarely got to make it back for games?

What are you basing your opinion on, if that is the still the case?

I do live abroad and I do rarely get to games, but that doesnt put me out of touch with the club or its fanbase. That doesnt mean that I dont notice the difference at WHL today, and 5, 10, 20 years ago.

I can still see the difference between the fans in the pubs around 2001, when we sang the place down despite getting beat by the Scum, and today, when every cunt around me cant even name our new signings.

I've seen the attitude change on the forums, and the hostility and impatience grow down the years.

There are more clueless idiots following the club than old school fans, period.

Is there something you disagree with, or was your post just yet another piss poor dig at the fact I dont get to The Lane as often as you?

Tottenham is my club, and has been for 30yrs since I was six yrs old. Ive attended hundreds of games. Walking Seven Sisters with my brother serves as my main childhood memory, right up to my early 20's.

Im an adult now, I live abroad, football is full of cunts, and I dont have the means, or lust to dedicate my life to a season ticket and 9 months of country hopping every weekend. Too bad for me, but so what?

Whats that got to do with my post?

Did I say anything about people not going to games being any less of a fan? Clearly, it makes no difference these days, because alot of the cunts I speak of are ST holders.

Enjoy your VIP box, and again, congrats on your birth right. You only ever engage me when you want to point out I live in the Netherlands. Odd.

I thought the atmosphere at Cardiff was fantastic when we played there in the cup a few years ago. I can't believe the level to which they've sold out though, I thought they had more integrity than that. I feel for the real Cardiff fans who rejected the changes.
Yeah I was there for that match, the amount of abuse Robinson had that match was tremendous and he took it like a man, think it made me love him more, sure the Spurs fans were chanting Englands number one and he turned around and held up three fingers as in Englands number three, bants. The selling out was just a means of the way Cardiff has been run in the past 15 years, the fans truly had no choice, im greatful in a way as now they are atleast financially stable bbut it isnt the same anymore :(

I do live abroad and I do rarely get to games, but that doesnt put me out of touch with the club or its fanbase. That doesnt mean that I dont notice the difference at WHL today, and 5, 10, 20 years ago.

I can still see the difference between the fans in the pubs around 2001, when we sang the place down despite getting beat by the Scum, and today, when every cunt around me cant even name our new signings.

I've seen the attitude change on the forums, and the hostility and impatience grow down the years.

There are more clueless idiots following the club than old school fans, period.

Is there something you disagree with, or was your post just yet another piss poor dig at the fact I dont get to The Lane as often as you?

Tottenham is my club, and has been for 30yrs since I was six yrs old. Ive attended hundreds of games. Walking Seven Sisters with my brother serves as my main childhood memory, right up to my early 20's.

Im an adult now, I live abroad, football is full of cunts, and I dont have the means, or lust to dedicate my life to a season ticket and 9 months of country hopping every weekend. Too bad for me, but so what?

Whats that got to do with my post?

Did I say anything about people not going to games being any less of a fan? Clearly, it makes no difference these days, because alot of the cunts I speak of are ST holders.

Enjoy your VIP box, and again, congrats on your birth right. You only ever engage me when you want to point out I live in the Netherlands. Odd.

Fucking hell, chill out.

It was merely an observation that maybe your experiences of Spurs fans are more based around forums like this than anything real, I can't imagine you have that many conversations with actual Spurs fans on a daily basis living abroad - that's surely just a fact of the situation you are in.....................but maybe I'm wrong

Everyone is opposed to change naturally imo, the change might not actually be that real though.......the reality is everyone just gets older and loses the boring memories along the way - was WHL really better when we were losing every week and it was 80% full or do we just reminisce fondly because only the good points stay with us?.....

Summers past were always sunnier........

Wasn't amazed at the atmosphere? But it wasn't shit either.

I think the talking is partly because it's still one of our first few home games so everyone's catching up, silly as it sounds.

S3 is back with a vengeance, wouldn't leave the first 5-10 rows alone.

Fucking hell, chill out.

It was merely an observation that maybe your experiences of Spurs fans are more based around forums like this than anything real, I can't imagine you have that many conversations with actual Spurs fans on a daily basis living abroad - that's surely just a fact of the situation you are in.....................but maybe I'm wrong

Everyone is opposed to change naturally imo, the change might not actually be that real though.......the reality is everyone just gets older and loses the boring memories along the way - was WHL really better when we were losing every week and it was 80% full or do we just reminisce fondly because only the good points stay with us?.....

Summers past were always sunnier........

If we had ever had one civil exchange in the past, I might have took your questions as they were intended.

Im 99% ignored by you, and 1% mugged off, so dont act so astounded by my post,

Not a bad atmosphere, but I don't know if its the acoustics of the ground, but the away support, even if there's only 20 of them, always seem to be loud. I'm in the Lower Paxton, and it is usually quieter than the Park Lane. I love to sing and I always sing along when the PL do... find that sometimes its only me and the kid in front, but we don't care!!! Bit chicken and egg situation .... we sing louder when something exciting happens on the pitch; maybe if we sang louder, it would kick start some exciting action. I still get goosebumps when we get a proper chorus of "O when the Spurs..." going.

Back
Top Bottom