To Hull and back. Hull versus the Spurs sunday 21.05.2017

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

at least one pundit is sticking up for us, ladies and gentlemen I give you Garth Crooks:

"For me, the story of the day is ...
Tottenham are going forward, Woolwich are going backwards"
Also
"For Woolwich, not getting fourth spot means they may well lose Ozil and Sanchez.For Woolwich, not getting fourth spot means they may well lose Ozil and Sanchez."

Don't be sick.
We're building a squad the way it's meant to be built.
Great season, and the future couldn't look brighter....

Totally agree, and these last two games should prove to all of us what a ruthless sod Poch is. He never once let up on the side at Leicester and Hull even when we were home and hosed. Kane was running himself ragged towards the end of the game when Hull were bleeding to death.

There is no letting up from this Manager of ours. In my opinion Poch is as ruthless as Fergie once was, cuts no slack and will not tolerate freeloaders. We are so lucky to have a manager with vision, is disciplined, and a manager who believes absolutely in youth.

When we play to our potential no PL team can live with us, and i only hope that we can improve our squad over the Summer, as the (predominantly) starting eleven has no equal.

Last edited:
Would love to see some of the younger fringe players get a run about; think GKN deserves a chance and would obviously love to see KWP and Edwards too...

Season feels very bitter sweet for me, obviously it has been fantastic and exceeded all my wildest expectations- off the back of the Euros and Newcastle all the chatter was about struggling to make top 6, never mind mounting a title challenge.

Regardless, I can't get rid myself of the feeling that.. we should have won it. We've been far and away the best side for over two years and it irks me that we have nothing to show for it. I hope the player's don't have a sinking "what more can we do.." feeling. We could end the season with 86 points, an unbeaten home record, only 4 losses, 3 players with over 20 goals, the best defense and the leagues top goal scorer; but no title. I'm not complaining - I just want the team to be rewarded for how unbelievable they've been- they deserve it. 9/10 we win this season at a canter; I don't say this likely, but both Chelsea and Leicester benefited from a hell of a lot of good fortune.

Going into the last game, I think it's important we win and maintain the positive atmosphere around the club...to counter the increasing speculation surrounding our wage structure and the circling vultures. I hope the players keep the faith and stay committed to doing things 'the right way' - if they do; the trophy's will come and be all the sweeter for it. I'd rather finish second for eternity, than be an embezzlement scheme for Russian Oligarchs. I love our club.

One of the admins of a Spurs page on Facebook just posted this, hopefully the Spurs contingent at KC can show their support tonight.

"Alyn Blaze, A good friend of mine who followed Spurs and down the country sadly lost his battle with cancer last week, aged just 39. Alyn has left behind a loving wife and 2 wonderful Spurs-mad children.

As a tribute, could everyone who is attending the Hull game tomorrow please stand and applaud on the 39th minute, in memory of Alyn who has been taken away from us at such a young age.

Please share this post, and get the message out to as many people as we can.

#COYS"

COYS News

Last edited:
These silly little teams fighting over scraping into the top 4.

Laughing-Thunderbirds_zps9dfafb57.gif

I've just put the talksport on whilst I do the washing up and Durham has asked the question... 'Harry Kane was taken off before he could score his 30th goal. Is this the worst substitution of all time?'
:dembele:

It's awesome management by Poch. Keep Harry from the 30 goal mark this season to give him another target next season. :pochsmirk:

Ha Ha - the commentator at the Man C game just mentioned at 4-0 that our away record we created on Thursday might not last ...... he wasn't wrong was he? :dembelelol::levylol::eriksenlol::pochlol::vert:

The Tigers are in bits at the moments, seen quite a few games this season. There is no chance they will beat us on Sunday even though the pressure is off them. Hope you all enjoy your trip to Hull at the weekend and maybe we can bundle big Harry Maguire on to the coach after the match, a great player who gets ridiculously overlooked for England by that Borat lookalike of a manager
NickfromHullSpursFan where you from? :allitongue:

Back
Top Bottom