"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly I am a bit pissed off Brighton didn't get something against Liverpool.

It was unlikely and I wasn't expecting any favours but we do need a few and they were capable.

Until we maintain a very long winning streak and close the gap it is pointless getting emotionally invested.

I think that is why most fans despair.

It’s in our hands, well
Kind off, win every game left now and as long as pool don’t do the same we win the quadruple! :angryscouser:

We've got a World Cup winning goalkeeper, the best centreback pairing in the league, the most resurgent footballer in the prem in Sissoko, arguably the most lethal wide forward in Son when you look at the numbers, the best playmaker in the league, Dele is still for me the biggest wonderkid on these shores and the best striker in the world! It's time we acknowledge and appreciate that and how good we have been seeing as we still aren't playing with home advantage.

After Salah who are their top scorers? If he gets a knock the race is wide open

We've got a World Cup winning goalkeeper, the best centreback pairing in the league, the most resurgent footballer in the prem in Sissoko, arguably the most lethal wide forward in Son when you look at the numbers, the best playmaker in the league, Dele is still for me the biggest wonderkid on these shores and the best striker in the world! It's time we acknowledge and appreciate that and how good we have been seeing as we still aren't playing with home advantage.

We are a very good side but we are not quite good enough to win the league . A higher quality in central midfield and better full backs.
The Scousers have improved on their weak areas we don't . Our full backs peaked 3 years ago , it's been obvious Dembele has been a diminishing asset . That why the Scousers are ahead of us and next year will be City or the Chavs . Poch has highlighted many times that we have to adjust somewhat if we want to win the league .

Throughout his career, Salah has played 412 games and has missed just 12 of those via injury. Wishful thinking to hope he gets a knock.

We just need to hope teams can nick a goal against them and frustrate them enough that they either lose the game or drop points. Liverpool score first, they will mostly win.

We are a very good side but we are not quite good enough to win the league . A higher quality in central midfield and better full backs.
The Scousers have improved on their weak areas we don't . Our full backs peaked 3 years ago , it's been obvious Dembele has been a diminishing asset . That why the Scousers are ahead of us and next year will be City or the Chavs . Poch has highlighted many times that we have to adjust somewhat if we want to win the league .

Do we have a chance to win th League though? Clearly we are third in the race for who could and should win it this time around but I genuinely don't get why fans write us off without giving the team our support to help get there.

Our away form is the best in the league yet we have a home form that is equal to Brighton, Bournemouth & Everton. We have to get behind the team more if we want anything to happen. We are in a title race and some fans still turn their nose up at doing what we should be doing and supporting the boys in their push whatever the outcome. Absolute madness to me but each to their own

Throughout his career, Salah has played 412 games and has missed just 12 of those via injury. Wishful thinking to hope he gets a knock.

We just need to hope teams can nick a goal against them and frustrate them enough that they either lose the game or drop points. Liverpool score first, they will mostly win.

For me it's still all to play for. Yesterday's result hasn't changed that and with Liverpool still having 16 games to go we just keep plugging away and focus on what we can control which is the level of performance from the team.

Do I expect us to win the league? Absolutely not, do I think we have a genuine chance, yes I really do and whilst that's still the case we've got to keep breathing down the neck of the only team in Premier League history who has blown a lead as big as they had at Christmas, doing so twice. Get a win today and it's game on

For me it's still all to play for. Yesterday's result hasn't changed that and with Liverpool still having 16 games to go we just keep plugging away and focus on what we can control which is the level of performance from the team.

Do I expect us to win the league? Absolutely not, do I think we have a genuine chance, yes I really do and whilst that's still the case we've got to keep breathing down the neck of the only team in Premier League history who has blown a lead as big as they had at Christmas, doing so twice. Get a win today and it's game on

I actually used this:

Premier League - Table calculator

To calculate the remaining games but can't help but feel a bit of bias comes into play. I had Liverpool drawing away at West Ham for example and then following that up with a loss to Man Utd at Old Trafford etc. - I had us finishing above Liverpool by a point but City finished above us.

For us to win the league, I feel we'd have to win all of our remaining fixtures with the affordability to perhaps draw one of them. Considering we have to go to Stamford Bridge, Anfield and the Eithad, I think we've left ourselves with too much to do.

But I personally don't think we'll close the gap to anything but perhaps 4 points by the end of the season. I just hope if we can't, then City do. We are currently contenders.

9 points behind with Liverpool having the easier fixtures means it'll be tricky for us. Especially as the level of quality outside the top 6 is pathetic. Liverpool should beat every single team outside the top 6 and only drop points to those within that as proven so far this season.

I think they cope ok without Salah for a run of games, mane will step up, it’s VVD who they can’t afford to get injured, but none of this matters as like when Leicester won it, pool are getting every decision, they also got the best schedule over the festive period, I’m just hoping this makes it even sweeter when they don’t win it come the end of the season!

Ridiculous thing to say when we have 17 games left to go.

On one hand you have Pochettino telling fans to believe more and then you have comments like this. Remarkable how quick some of our fans are to write us off all it takes is a dodgy result and they're looking over their shoulder. Win today it's six points in it with us still to play them. Come on man dare to dream a little
Ok ok. I'll dare to dream.

:pochsmirk:

At the start of this season not many, if any? gave us any hope of winning the league, many doubted we would even get top 4, due in part to the proposed mid season stadium move, but mainly due to not signing a single player during pre-season.
So forget the personal theory’s we might have as to why the above two items have happened, forget the reasons the disease ridden media give us everyday why our season has been so shit (take a moment to laugh here) and sit back a truly digest what the fuck is going on right about now.
We are probably a victory against Utd today from all but sealing a top 4 spot with 16 games to go. A victory that would bring us back to 6pts from Sky Sports FC, and watching them yesterday there is no doubt in my mind they are getting complacent, will they drop the points required? Who knows, but we need to be right up their arse in case they do. The question shouldn’t be are we in a title race, it should be “are we good enough to take advantage if the situation above us presents itself”
Only ourselves and Man City remain in the 4 tournaments we started the season in, one team cost the equivalent of the entire 3rd world debt and the other, well we will leave it there.
So get to Wembley, even tho we are sick of it, and leave that ground having traded your voice in exchange for 3pts or the next round of a cup each and every game from now until the end, and we will be in damn good shape to tell the so called experts come May, we can challenge/win a league, we can get top 4, we can win a trophy, and you lot can get to fuck.....#COYS

Back
Top Bottom