"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Orrrrr it's an opinion formed from watching the player lol, some of us do try to watch football outside of Tottenham and the prem

Sorry I just dont believe anyone here watched Lyon in the EL last season, or in Ligue 1 and formed an educated opinion of the player and how he would fit in our team.
I didnt see anyone mention him during the season. Just came up in the summer when the rumours started (as per).

I watch football outside of Spurs, but it doesnt make me a scout

A relative minority of those that claim to probably do though to any meaningful extent....

I can't prove this, but chain of events suggest for most it's simply referencing highlight reels and regurgitating hype or fan-fayre over an isolated performances...

Little difference when it come to EPL players tbf.

The majority of peeps that project scout-like knowledge here watch 90mins of Huddersfield, Nancy, Sasuolo and D.Zagreb every week?

Bollocks you do

Exactly. Am I supposed to believe anyone has been intensively following Ajax and De Ligt, other than if they happen to stumble across an Ajax game in the CL?

Just dont buy it, and all this "he only watches Spurs stuff"....like Im supposed to watch some random game in France instead
:lennon:

Last edited:
Sorry I just dont believe anyone here watched Lyon in the EL last season, or in Ligue 1 and formed an educated opinion of the player and how he would fit in our team.
I didnt see anyone mention him during the season. Just came up in the summer when the rumours started (as per).

Just wondering how a dead cert 60m purchase of a relatively well known player from RM (Kovacic) was meant to win us the league yet is struggling miserably at Chelsea... Shouldn't our resident TFC scouts have seen that coming?

Similarly, jism would have no doubt spilt if we'd bought either Jorginio or Fred this summer too.... "...And for what?" ask Chav & Utd. fans after 21 games.

Meanwhile has N'Dombele even played 21 top flight games yet?

I don't think you have to be a scout to give an opinion on whether you believe a player would improve us, we all give opinions on who should start each game and what subs poch should make, yet none of us are there Day in day out on the training pitch, or know exactly what he's asked of each player.
Ndombele was being talked about before the summer and you don't have to believe me or anyone else but yes I have seen him play before and he has looked a very good player, especially for his age

Just wondering how a dead cert 60m purchase of a relatively well known player from RM (Kovacic) was meant to win us the league yet is struggling miserably at Chelsea... Shouldn't our resident TFC scouts have seen that coming?

Similarly, jism would have no doubt spilt if we'd bought either Jorginio or Fred this summer too.... "...And for what?" ask Chav & Utd. fans after 21 games.

Its why Ive been questioning why everyones targets have changed.......I mean, they spent a season following these players by watching "other games", made a in depth analysis of why this is the player that will take us to the next level and replace Dembele or give competition to Eriksen and Dele etc etc etc etc etc

And 16 weeks later, they want someone else

:llorishuh:

I don't think you have to be a scout to give an opinion on whether you believe a player would improve us, we all give opinions on who should start each game and what subs poch should make, yet none of us are there Day in day out on the training pitch, or know exactly what he's asked of each player.
Ndombele was being talked about before the summer and you don't have to believe me or anyone else but yes I have seen him play before and he has looked a very good player, especially for his age

Yeah, I dont buy it......nothing can be proved, but I dont believe anyone really knows anything about most of these players linked before some random tweet links them with us, and the heat maps come out.

Screen-Shot-2018-11-24-at-18-43-35-2_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqNJjoeBT78QIaYdkJdEY4CnGTJFJS74MYhNY6w3GNbO8.png

"just the type of player we should be breaking the bank for"

Yes more than 3 times that

Yeah, I dont buy it......nothing can be proved, but I dont believe anyone really knows anything about most of these players linked before some random tweet links them with us, and the heat maps come out.

I think headlines and the CL point u made earlier also plays a bit part, but yeh,

This....

I've clocked mates (fans of rivals) do it... I've even caught myself doing it on occasion in the past (Moutinho)... I'm sure it's a traceable phenomena within the forum activity; but fuck digging into old transfer threads for a laugh!

That's quite funny that you think not a single person on this site follows football outside of Tottenham, but fair enough you have your opinion mate.

That's not exactly what's being put to you here though is it?
Jesus are you sammys spokesperson or something ?
He made a pretty clear statement , he doesn't buy that me or anyone else has seen ndombele (one of the most highly rated young cm's in football right now) play and that we've just seen a heatmap, I'm not going to try and convince him otherwise that's up to him to believe what he wants to.

Jesus are you sammys spokesperson or something ?

Just cos we share common ground on this topic; no need to be a tart about it mate..

We've both independently made the same points. No-ones ganging up on you.

He made a pretty clear statement , he doesn't buy that me or anyone else has seen ndombele (one of the most highly rated young cm's in football right now) play and that we've just seen a heatmap, I'm not going to try and convince him otherwise that's up to him to believe what he wants to.

...By contesting both our sentiment in this manner, you kind of are tho tbf. : P

Regardless, don't lose sight of the context here... You think in isolation either myself or Sammy give a shit how much Euro-ball peeps watch?

What's being questioned here is the depth and validity of the alleged insight that gets served up as credible scouting knowledge by the 'armchair scouts' amongst us.

Last edited:
That's quite funny that you think not a single person on this site follows football outside of Tottenham, but fair enough you have your opinion mate.

Follows football outside Tottenham? Im fully aware of the Other Matches Thread and take part in it regularly.

Thats not watching Lyon for two years though is it

Regardless, don't lose sight of the context here... You think in isolation either myself or Sammy give a shit how much Euro-ball peeps watch?

What's being questioned here is the depth and validity of the alleged insight that gets served up his as credible scouting knowledge by the 'armchair scouts' amongst us.
Already responded to sammys point about this ....nobody on here is a scout, nobody on here is a manager, nobody on here is a coach, yet everyone gives their opinion on who should start each game, who should come off each game and what formation poch should play.None of us are there on the training ground, none of us know exactly what poch and the coaching staff have asked of each player, it's no different to someone giving their opinion on a player they believe we should sign. Football fans give opinions on things, none of us are experts , don't think you should of had to literally go and sit in the stands and scout a player to give an opinion on if you think he would be a good player for us

Back
Top Bottom