"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He knows full well what being said, he knows its true, so he makes something else up

"People not following Lyon or Ajax on a weekly basis" has somehow become "No one has ever seen Ndombele play"
Lol what you literally replied "I don't buy it" to me saying i've seen Ndombele play, your the one twisting shit mate, it's cool i'll leave it this couldn't be more of a pointless squabble.

Already responded to sammys point about this ....nobody on here is a scout, nobody on here is a manager, nobody on here is a coach, yet everyone gives their opinion on who should start each game, who should come off each game and what formation poch should play.None of us are there on the training ground, none of us know exactly what poch and the coaching staff have asked of each player, it's no different to someone giving their opinion on a player they believe we should sign. Football fans give opinions on things, none of us are experts , don't think you should of had to literally go and sit in the stands and scout a player to give an opinion on if you think he would be a good player for us

Agreed. Not everyone expresses themselves in a way that reflects this tho.

Already responded to sammys point about this ....nobody on here is a scout, nobody on here is a manager, nobody on here is a coach, yet everyone gives their opinion on who should start each game, who should come off each game and what formation poch should play.None of us are there on the training ground, none of us know exactly what poch and the coaching staff have asked of each player, it's no different to someone giving their opinion on a player they believe we should sign. Football fans give opinions on things, none of us are experts , don't think you should of had to literally go and sit in the stands and scout a player to give an opinion on if you think he would be a good player for us

Im not questioning peoples opinions of players though.
Im saying I dont believe theyve watched them more than a couple times maxiumum when they've been on in the CL.
I dont believe anyone here was actively streaming Lyons games last season and keeping tabs on Ndombele to form their opinion of what he would bring to the team.
I dont care if they think hes brilliant.....I just dont believe theyve judged him outside of a couple games, stats and youtube clips.
Thats fine, just no need to pretend they are a football conoissuer watching abstract games across Europe though.

Ive never seen one post starting "just whacked on Lyon again, NDombele still ripping it up..."

The other matches thread never had a single discussion by anyone on what he was bringing to any game on a weekly basis, which is odd when all these people were watching him and deciding he was just what we needed looooooooong before the Mail tweeted we wanted him.

Let me start by saying that I don't think we will win the title. I think Liverpool and City are very good good and currently they have more points. However, six points is an insecure position for Liverpool. We still have games against our rivals. We've endured a torrid time with injuries which may get better. Maybe our rivals will get some bad luck instead. We have a backlog of home games. So we're outsiders in the race, but yes we are contenders.

Let me start by saying that I don't think we will win the title. I think Liverpool and City are very good good and currently they have more points. However, six points is an insecure position for Liverpool. We still have games against our rivals. We've endured a torrid time with injuries which may get better. Maybe our rivals will get some bad luck instead. We have a backlog of home games. So we're outsiders in the race, but yes we are contenders.

Exactly.

:tobyarm:

Im not questioning peoples opinions of players though.
Im saying I dont believe theyve watched them more than a couple times maxiumum when they've been on in the CL.
I dont believe anyone here was actively streaming Lyons games last season and keeping tabs on Ndombele to form their opinion of what he would bring to the team.
I dont care if they think hes brilliant.....I just dont believe theyve judged him outside of a couple games, stats and youtube clips.
Thats fine, just no need to pretend they are a football conoissuer watching abstract games across Europe though.

Ive never seen one post starting "just whacked on Lyon again, NDombele still ripping it up..."

The other matches thread never had a single discussion by anyone on what he was bringing to any game on a weekly basis, which is odd when all these people were watching him and deciding he was just what we needed looooooooong before the Mail tweeted we wanted him.
You’ve obviously not encountered Totti Totti
:memeokay:

Salah would walk into our team.

Let's be honest, he's better than every one of our attackers not named Harry Kane. His goalscoring record is ludicrous, it's nothing but bias towards Spurs to think otherwise.

But I'm happy with what we do have, thank you.
Eriksen pinging balls at Salah and Kane would be a beautiful sight to behold.

I remember watching him giving us nightmares when we played Basel.
If only we had the foresight to sign him up right after he walked off the pitch.

and Fiorentina.

Poch actually wanted him a few years back but Chelsea wouldn't sell him to us. Interesting that we never showed desire to sign him once he went to Roma though. I could only assume Pochettino was happy with Son, Eriksen, Kane, Lamela and Dele as our goalscoring attack.

I've calculated referees cost Tottenham 20 points every season with their hostile officiating, while rewarding the likes of Liverpool and Woolwich at least 10 points with blatant dives and soft free-kicks non-stop.

Shows how good Spurs are!

and Fiorentina.

Poch actually wanted him a few years back but Chelsea wouldn't sell him to us. Interesting that we never showed desire to sign him once he went to Roma though. I could only assume Pochettino was happy with Son, Eriksen, Kane, Lamela and Dele as our goalscoring attack.

I thought he knocked us back prior to signing for the Chavs "cos Jewish"... Or am I thinking of some other cunt?

Referring back to some Ossie Wembley posts a while ago. In terms of squad life cycles are we not collectively slighty weaker than say two seasons ago, vis a vis fitness / injuries and form ? If so there is an argument that Poch is getting better and better, by virtue of getting more from less.

Liverpool built an ugly stand extension and had planned to cover costs with ticket ptice increases but had to back down over fan protests. They then shelved plans for further expansion as uneconomical ( TV revenue and non match day income proving to offer greater ROI.). They did invest heavily in the squad and despite lucrative ECL runs have a debt to owners of circa £200m ( going from memory so happy to be contradicted.).

We went the opposite route and made infrastructure investments (our overseas fan base does not match Liverpool's.) This policy has also been reflected in transfer spending and wage bill.

I think it will be interesting in the long haul how this plays out. We are following the Woolwich model and they have yet to reap the rewards. I guess it depends for how long clubs can / how effective clubs are in monetising their historic successes / global fan base.

Reading between the lines on statements from Poch there is an expectation that the new stadium will alter finances and spending policy dramatically and quickly. If nothing else changes then could we not be quietly hopeful of becoming a permanent fixture in the EPL and ECL elite ?

It's over now.

Ridiculous thing to say when we have 17 games left to go.

On one hand you have Pochettino telling fans to believe more and then you have comments like this. Remarkable how quick some of our fans are to write us off all it takes is a dodgy result and they're looking over their shoulder. Win today it's six points in it with us still to play them. Come on man dare to dream a little

Ridiculous thing to say when we have 17 games left to go.

On one hand you have Pochettino telling fans to believe more and then you have comments like this. Remarkable how quick some of our fans are to write us off all it takes is a dodgy result and they're looking over their shoulder. Win today it's six points in it with us still to play them. Come on man dare to dream a little

It’s in our hands, well
Kind off, win every game left now and as long as pool don’t do the same we win the quadruple! :angryscouser:

Back
Top Bottom