"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Actually google their squad and tell me what players you’d have here, or who could walk into any top club.
Probably 3 maximum.
From their team alisson isn’t worst than lloris. Arnold is not worst than any of right backs and has much more potential.
Van dijk walks into our team and 99% of world teams.
Robertson is better than Davies and current roses.
Fabinho/Keita one of them would start in our midfield.
Salah obviously would play for us.
Mane is on par with son
Firmino who plays as attacking mid is on level with dele. But I see more potential in ours dele.

So I think van dijk, Robertson, Fabinho/Keita and salah walk into our team. And maybe I’m being biased about certain players and giving the edge to ours.

From their team alisson isn’t worst than lloris. Arnold is not worst than any of right backs and has much more potential.
Van dijk walks into our team and 99% of world teams.
Robertson is better than Davies and current roses.
Fabinho/Keita one of them would start in our midfield.
Salah obviously would play for us.
Mane is on par with son
Firmino who plays as attacking mid is on level with dele. But I see more potential in ours dele.

So I think van dijk, Robertson, Fabinho/Keita and salah walk into our team. And maybe I’m being biased about certain players and giving the edge to ours.
But who would salah walk in ahead of? Kane? Dele? Eriksen? Or Son?
Walk in ahead of them? Nah mate, he’d have to fight them all.

Fabinho and Kieta aren’t better than a healthy Dembele and Wanyama. Or are we comparing fit players with injured ones?
And Robertson ahead of Rose?

Just because they’ve achieved consistency by not getting injured it doesn’t mean they are better footballers

Salah would walk into our team.

Let's be honest, he's better than every one of our attackers not named Harry Kane. His goalscoring record is ludicrous, it's nothing but bias towards Spurs to think otherwise.

But I'm happy with what we do have, thank you.

Those days are gone, sammy. Unfortunately. It's time to put it behind us.
Heard the same about Lamela.....and wasn’t Eriksens career over with a chronic stomach muscle injury...and Rose was finished as a footballer too.

I’ve heard Dembeles done for three years in a row now. Might not be the future, but could still help us maintain our challenge later this season

But who would salah walk in ahead of? Kane? Dele? Eriksen? Or Son?
Walk in ahead of them? Nah mate, he’d have to fight them all.

Fabinho and Kieta aren’t better than a healthy Dembele and Wanyama. Or are we comparing fit players with injured ones?
And Robertson ahead of Rose?

Just because they’ve achieved consistency by not getting injured it doesn’t mean they are better footballers
Salah is better than son. No debate for me in this one mate.
Dembele and wanyama are finished as top players. Wanyama is shit or injured for almost two years.
Robertson is very good. Rose post 16/17 not so much.

I like our squad more because it’s ours. But theirs it more balanced and complete than ours. No question for me that at the current moment they have a better squad than us.

Salah would walk into our team.

Let's be honest, he's better than every one of our attackers not named Harry Kane. His goalscoring record is ludicrous, it's nothing but bias towards Spurs to think otherwise.

But I'm happy with what we do have, thank you.

Walk in ahead of them?
Wow

Salah is better than son. No debate for me in this one mate.
Dembele and wanyama are finished as top players. Wanyama is shit or injured for almost two years.
Robertson is very good. Rose post 16/17 not so much.

I like our squad more because it’s ours. But theirs it more balanced and complete than ours. No question for me that at the current moment they have a better squad than us.

It is a question though because we’ve suffered injuries that they haven’t.

So as I said, compare all you want, but right now Charlie Adam is better than Wanyama. Because Wanyama can’t walk.

Walk in ahead of them?
Wow

Mate, Son doesn't even start every game. Often benched in favour of Lamela or Lucas; Salah is better (as a goal scorer) than all three. They obviously have other attributes (and don't play in the same position really) but on goal scoring alone he's ahead.

Are you having a pop at me? I have thought that for a couple of years. The guy has their best football brain. His vision and technique are fabulous.
It's just that I think we should be a bit more careful with using the term 'genius'. Cruyff was a genius, Messi is a genius, Firmino is just a very decent player for Liverpool who has yet to win anything in his career.

Also, we are taking about a stronger SQUAD.
People chalking up first team names.

Let’s see where they would be without Kieta, Milner and Fabinho all out at the same time along with VvD, and Firminho (Jan and Lamela) over the Christmas period.

Let’s see if their squad could hack it and get a result in the Nou Camp.

We’re playing with our third choice CM pairing and are 6pts behind them.

We’ve lost at someone point this season:
Lloris
Dele
Eriksen
Lamela
Son
Wanyama
Dembele
Dier
Trippier
Aurier
Rose
Winks
Jan
Sanchez
Toby

I think Liverpool would be 9th in the same situation personally

Mate, Son doesn't even start every game. Often benched in favour of Lamela or Lucas; Salah is better (as a goal scorer) than all three. They obviously have other attributes (and don't play in the same position really) but on goal scoring alone he's ahead.
Son starts if the formation dictates it.
Salah can finish but so what, he’s been good for 18 months aged 26.
And salah isn’t the whole squad

Back
Top Bottom