"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We had already lost 5 games before today, we were always massive outsiders. Having just lost a 6th game it's clear we are not good enough to win this championship, but there's no shame in that. City and Liverpool have taken things to a level beyond what we've seen before in the PL.

We need to keep on going game by game and see what we can achieve.

I wont remember it affectionately, but i do hope they continue their run of form, overtake chelsea for a CL spot late in the season, and that hobbit manager of theirs gets the job permanently, only to implode two years from now.

We had already lost 5 games before today, we were always massive outsiders. Having just lost a 6th game it's clear we are not good enough to win this championship, but there's no shame in that. City and Liverpool have taken things to a level beyond what we've seen before in the PL.

We need to keep on going game by game and see what we can achieve.

The problem isn't losing if we're not drawing games. Said it before, but we could lose 6 games and win 32 and we'd end up on 96 points, which is usually a title winning points tally.

The bigger problem is the fact we seem to lose the big games against our 'rivals'. Lost to Liverpool at home. Lost to Man City at home. Lost to Woolwich away. Lost to Man Utd at home.

Still got to play Chelsea away. Man City away. Liverpool away and Woolwich at home too.

Last season we beat Liverpool at home. Drew with them away. Beat Man Utd at home. Beat Chelsea away from home. Beat Woolwich at home. But we lost to the likes of West Brom and dropped points to the poorer clubs.

Last edited:
Can we delete this thread please
tenor.gif

I was one to slag off Levy at the beginning of the season for lack of ambition and said we’d be lucky to be in Top 8 due to thin squad then a few weeks back with the good progress became a “believer” even though Scousers and Mancs were always favorites. Now with ManUre revival and Chelsea and Woolwich keeping pace Is it now, over the next 11 games, that the chickens come home to roost with Levy’s tight fisted approach? Or does Llorente prove his worth? A transfer loan saves the day or 16yr old Parrot keeps us in the Top 4?

I was one to slag off Levy at the beginning of the season for lack of ambition and said we’d be lucky to be in Top 8 due to thin squad then a few weeks back with the good progress became a “believer” even though Scousers and Mancs were always favorites. Now with ManUre revival and Chelsea and Woolwich keeping pace Is it now, over the next 11 games, that the chickens come home to roost with Levy’s tight fisted approach? Or does Llorente prove his worth? A transfer loan saves the day or 16yr old Parrot keeps us in the Top 4?
No need to worry about Woolwich though, they've only won 2 of their last 6 games in the league and are 7 points behind us, it's a mess there and I think they'll finish sixth.

We can bemoan Levy all we want but the bottom line is we just don’t have the cash, but I’m glad Levy finally gets it, that if we don’t spend top dollar for top players then we might as well not spend anything....now in a couple of seasons time after having the 2nd biggest stadium in the country (Behind Man Utd) with the 2nd highest ticket prices in the country (Behind Woolwich) which equals the biggest match day revenue in the country then all bets are off and Levy needs to answer a few questions then.
But your right, it’s all about securing top 4 now, not just because of the 9pts to L’pool but also because of these crazy amount of injuries to key players....We will suffer some crushing defeats and some shocking defeats between now and the end but we just need to keep that step ahead of the Manx & Scum.
At least this summer we know we will play an entire season at the new ground, Eriksen & Toby’s futures will be sorted one way or the other, as will Pochettinos, and a new sponsor for the stadium might just bring with it enough gold to sign one or two top quality players.

CLOSE THIS THREAD

As it stands, match day 35 with a 9 point deficit is when we can’t win it. So until then there’s a chance. Slim, unlikely or otherwise until it’s not achieveable should we not have discussion?

We’ve been ravaged by injury, the same could happen to Liverpool’s forward line - they are already light at the back.

Back
Top Bottom