THFC vs Wigwam Athletic (AWAY)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you have the statistics for Ade/Defoe this year ? Just wondering. I don't recall a lot of productivity this year.

And I think Bale wants no part with that LW anymore and I doubt we'll ever see him in that position again. So do you have Ade on the left side ? I guess that could be interesting since he does spend a majority of his time anyway out there.

This year I think it was pretty much Maribor at home the first time they played together (which was a very, very good team performance) and Defoe scored a hatrick. Dont recall seeing it again off the top of my head, especially in the PL.

As for Bale, AVB is the manager and he plays where he is told. I would like to see him used wide left and central, when needed so we dont become predictable.

At the end of the day, if Ade and Defoe start banging in the goals again, they should play, and if that means Bale out wide sometimes, then so be it.

This year I think it was pretty much Maribor at home the first time they played together (which was a very, very good team performance) and Defoe scored a hatrick. Dont recall seeing it again off the top of my head, especially in the PL.

As for Bale, AVB is the manager and he plays where he is told. I would like to see him used wide left and central, when needed so we dont become predictable.

At the end of the day, if Ade and Defoe start banging in the goals again, they should play, and if that means Bale out wide sometimes, then so be it.

I completely disagree. Bale is far and away , Spurs best goal scorer. Putting him at LW, your seriously handicapping his ability to shoot and bag goals. For me, he needs to be centralized or on the right side , so he can get adequate shooting lanes & attempts at goal. Even if he comes in centralized from the left, that ball will be on his weaker foot and I just dont see it as optimal tactics.

These days, Bale is having the same impact that Ronaldo has at Real. And no way anyone would put Ronaldo at RW stunting his goal-scoring ability

The crucial part being "if".

I think it is a whole lot more likely "if" that Bale keeps banging them in playing as a number 10 along with one of Defoe or Adebayor - rather than the "if" Defoe and Adebayor starts working as a partnership all the sudden.

AND it gives us a much more defensively feasible formation rather than 4-4-2, where Defoe + Adebayor makes the rest of the team very vulnerable.

Bale is better than either of Defoe or Adebayor. That alone is the decisive argument to play a formation to his strenghts rather than our dysfunctional 4-4-2

Bale needs to go wherever the space is. It's far too simplistic to say he's a goal threat centrally, he's a threat wherever he plays but he needs to constantly move and to realise when he's not getting joy in one position he has to shift. Be that to the left or the right.

Bale needs to go wherever the space is. It's far too simplistic to say he's a goal threat centrally, he's a threat wherever he plays but he needs to constantly move and to realise when he's not getting joy in one position he has to shift. Be that to the left or the right.

On the left side, Bale's chances at scoring take a serious dip. With Spurs struggles to score goals, that is a risk that Spurs can't currently take.

Anyone know where we're drinking before the game? The mini bus will probably get into Wigan by 1:45-2..

On the left side, Bale's chances at scoring take a serious dip. With Spurs struggles to score goals, that is a risk that Spurs can't currently take.

That's nonsense. He scored a hat trick against Inter from the left. As well as countless other goals. He needs to roam to wherever the space is. With a player in the spotlight like he is it's foolish to be so one dimensional as to put all our eggs in the bale through the middle basket.

The crucial part being "if".

I think it is a whole lot more likely "if" that Bale keeps banging them in playing as a number 10 along with one of Defoe or Adebayor - rather than the "if" Defoe and Adebayor starts working as a partnership all the sudden.

AND it gives us a much more defensively feasible formation rather than 4-4-2, where Defoe + Adebayor makes the rest of the team very vulnerable.

Bale is better than either of Defoe or Adebayor. That alone is the decisive argument to play a formation to his strenghts rather than our dysfunctional 4-4-2

Its not dysfunctional though is it

That's nonsense. He scored a hat trick against Inter from the left. As well as countless other goals. He needs to roam to wherever the space is. With a player in the spotlight like he is it's foolish to be so one dimensional as to put all our eggs in the bale through the middle basket.

Exactly. People make me laugh. Like Bale was non existant before Norwich away last season?

Fuck me get a grip.

I completely disagree. Bale is far and away , Spurs best goal scorer. Putting him at LW, your seriously handicapping his ability to shoot and bag goals. For me, he needs to be centralized or on the right side , so he can get adequate shooting lanes & attempts at goal. Even if he comes in centralized from the left, that ball will be on his weaker foot and I just dont see it as optimal tactics.

These days, Bale is having the same impact that Ronaldo has at Real. And no way anyone would put Ronaldo at RW stunting his goal-scoring ability

I have no idea what you are on about. Genuinely.

Bringing up his hat-trick vs Inter ? That was (3) years ago. Give me some recent goal production from Bale on the left.

Exactly. People make me laugh. Like Bale was non existant before Norwich away last season?

Fuck me get a grip.

I never said he was non-existent. His game just served a different purpose.

On the LW , his priority is getting to the edge and whipping in passes.

Looking at last year stats, he had 9 goals and 11 assists. A majority of those 9 goals came w/ Norwich and after.

This year, its 18 goals & 4 assists. Mostly from the 2nd striker role & from the right side. That priority is around bagging goals. Facilitating and setting up others is secondary. There is lies the difference between Bale on the LW vs Bale in a 2nd striker role or on the Right.

And now sure why your telling peoples to "get a grip" who differ w/ your POV. All of what i've explained is rationale and backed by numbers.

Its not dysfunctional though is it

IMHO it is. I reserve my judgement from what I see, from game to game, and to me they don't have any kind of common understanding, no structured approach as to how to find space, push into deep/high/wide areas and no agreements of when to press or drop off.

To me, that is a dysfunctional partnership - no matter if one, the other or both score a goal or two from time to another.

IMHO it is. I reserve my judgement from what I see, from game to game, and to me they don't have any kind of common understanding, no structured approach as to how to find space, push into deep/high/wide areas and no agreements of when to press or drop off.

To me, that is a dysfunctional partnership - no matter if one, the other or both score a goal or two from time to another.

So you dismiss the stats and facts from last season?

You know, during the time people were saying it was the best Spurs have played since Bil Nic?

Defoe and Ade played a major part in that.

Oh and Bale played LW.

So you dismiss the stats and facts from last season?

You know, during the time people were saying it was the best Spurs have played since Bil Nic?

Defoe and Ade played a major part in that.

Oh and Bale played LW.

I can only assume we have different approaches to the definitions of "facts and stats".

Back
Top Bottom