THFC vs Wigwam Athletic (AWAY)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What I think AVB will pick:

------------------------Lloris-------------------------
Walker-----Dawson------Vertonghen-----------BAE
--------------Parker----------Dembele--------------
Lennon------------------Bale--------------Dempsey
-------------------------Defoe-----------------------

I'm not sure I'd make many changes to the lineup I think AVB will pick. Huddlestone makes a good case for starting, but I think I'd keep him for the last 30 minutes if need be. Defoe over Adebayor for me, Wigan's CB's, especially Caldwell will be exposed to someone like Defoe. Sigurdsson in for Lennon if Lennon isn't fit.

I honestly think Adebayor should start, I personally don't rate him as a striker, but I agree with people that his dummy runs are great for allowing our midfield to get goals. Would also like to see Dempsey get himself one.

Can see Ade starting, JD is better as a sub. Dempsey will start..Holtby maybe in for Sig. Can see Dembele scoring

Lloris

Walker Dawson JV BAE
Parker Dembele
Dempsey Bale Sig
Ade

Not my preferred team but what I predict

Smesh em

Assuming Lennon can go...

.............................Lloris

Walker................Daws..............Vert.............BAE

.....................Huddlestone.................Dembele.....

Lennon......................Dempsey.................Siggy

.....................Bale

Bale can float from the CM to the wings & interchange w/ Dempsey. Dempsey will work-hard and give the attack some chances at goals with his natural poaching ability which the attack clearly needs.

Grab the lead and bring in Parker/Holtby/Defoe to finish Wigan off.

Huddlestone is a big risky with his mobility, but i think the attack needs his service out there.

If Lennon cant go, bring Ade in and move Dempsey to RW. Roll w/ the same rotation

............................................Defoe

Not that big a fan of Dempsey central, lacks the nous to be what is essentially a fulcrum.

Coming off of the left he will find space much easier, and will be inclined toward getting on the end of things instead of trying to make things happen - I would expect a better performance from him as LM.

Sigurdsson has better vision and pass execution IMO, but honestly Id probably go 433 with Dembele-Hudd-Holtby and Lennon-Ade-Dempsey

Dunno, it doesnt matter really. I just prefer people to quote and talk about it otherwise I dont see the point of being on a forum.

Well it would matter since your were complaining about your rep getting dinged.

Either way, I feel ya. Simple reply and comment would suffice

Sigurdsson Walker​
Parker Dawson​
Defoe Bale Lloris​
Dembele Caulker​
Holtby Naughton​

Ah, I see... the famous 2-2-3-2-2 formation with Rush goalie and a 2-pronged attacking fulcrum of either Siggy/Walker or Holtby/Naughton, depending on which way your head is tilted!!!!!

After last night... I'd almost forgotten there was a MUST WIN First team game coming up in 4 days!!!!
That's because the all important final game of the U21 league is next Monday against Southampton. Got to finish on a high!

I think it was ade and vdv(or at least much more then defoe) combo in those first 6 months :kaboul:.

Couldnt be further from the truth in terms of a partnership.

I just had to log into GG, and trawl through my old posts to find some research I did when this was discussed way back in April 2012. Bear in mind, VDV and Ade didnt score in the same game until April.

Defoe's goals with Ade
Wolves
Liverpool
Newcastle (after coming on for VDV)
Fulham (after coming on for VDV)
WBA (a)
Bolton
WBA (h)
City (a)
Man U (h)

VDV's goals with Ade
Wigan
Woolwich (NOTE: All three played and JD had a major part in the build up to VDVs goal, with Ade assisting)
Newcastle (Penalty)
Blackburn (2)
QPR
Swansea
Stoke (h)
Swansea (h)

Ade's goals with VDV
Villa (2)
Stoke (Penalty)
Chelsea
Swansea (h) (2goals)

Ade's goals with Defoe
Wolves (both scored)
Liverpool (both scored)
WBA (2 goals, and both scored)
Stoke (Penalty: Note, Defoe played 2nd half when penalty was won by Modric)

Defoe has scored in 9 games with Ade
VDV has scored in 1 game with Ade (last week)

To say Ade and Defoe dont work and never really have is complete and utter bullshit.

Couldnt be further from the truth in terms of a partnership.

I just had to log into GG, and trawl through my old posts to find some research I did when this was discussed way back in April 2012. Bear in mind, VDV and Ade didnt score in the same game until April.

Defoe's goals with Ade
Wolves
Liverpool
Newcastle (after coming on for VDV)
Fulham (after coming on for VDV)
WBA (a)
Bolton
WBA (h)
City (a)
Man U (h)

VDV's goals with Ade
Wigan
Woolwich (NOTE: All three played and JD had a major part in the build up to VDVs goal, with Ade assisting)
Newcastle (Penalty)
Blackburn (2)
QPR
Swansea
Stoke (h)
Swansea (h)

Ade's goals with VDV
Villa (2)
Stoke (Penalty)
Chelsea
Swansea (h) (2goals)

Ade's goals with Defoe
Wolves (both scored)
Liverpool (both scored)
WBA (2 goals, and both scored)
Stoke (Penalty: Note, Defoe played 2nd half when penalty was won by Modric)

Defoe has scored in 9 games with Ade
VDV has scored in 1 game with Ade (last week)

To say Ade and Defoe dont work and never really have is complete and utter bullshit.

Do you have the statistics for Ade/Defoe this year ? Just wondering. I don't recall a lot of productivity this year.

And I think Bale wants no part with that LW anymore and I doubt we'll ever see him in that position again. So do you have Ade on the left side ? I guess that could be interesting since he does spend a majority of his time anyway out there.

Lloris​
Walker - Dawson - Vertonghen - Ekotto​
- Holtby - Huddlestone - Dembele -​
- Bale - Adebayor - Sigurdsson -​

Friedel, Caulker, Carroll, Lennon, Dempsey, Defoe, Parker

Great first XI, great bench with impact players and cover for most positions. Dempsey for Sigurdsson is a debatable option.

Back
Top Bottom