The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Taken from Sky web page on basis teams get the same amount of points from the reverse fixtures. An absolute ridiculous idea but I much prefer the press playing down our chances rather than making us favourites. Takes the pressure off and is more likely to get the players up for it to prove them wrong.

3427594.jpg
Yeah, we drew a lot of the games against the teams we have left in the run in...which is a habit we seem to be avoiding recently...until Saturday that is.

We cannot be beaten again if we hope to win the title. That much is clear. We need to avoid defeat v Chelsea and Liverpool away and win every other match to be in the mix.

Please Spurs :avbpray:

We cannot be beaten again if we hope to win the title. That much is clear. We need to avoid defeat v Chelsea and Liverpool away and win every other match to be in the mix.

And to win or draw every one of those games is going to be hard as hell borderline impossible. Hopefully people realize that and if we do happen to lose a game don't cast down out squad of excellent players as worthless bottlers.

the sad thing is we would have won the title this season had we not been in the Europa league. This last week i saw results play out exactly how I expected with respect tor recovery times and intensity.Pochettino NEEDS to rotate the squad and avoid the usual boring fizzing off towards the end of the season.

It is incredible how we have a myopia for something so basic . We are going to turn some of youngsters into the next jack whishere the way they are being run into the ground. Jack wishere NEVER recovered after playing 50 games in a season. I do not expect something so severe but with regards to depth and managing our players it has been poor.Red lights are flashing, rather than be naive. We need to make the hard decisions now rather than wait for the inevitable consequences of burn out.Our champions league position/ top 4 position is under threat.I really cannot stomach another season in the league killing ropey league.

Fuck there are some negative cunts on here. Was it a disappointing week? yes. However, I still feel we are playing some great football and top to bottom we look the best team in the league. Will we win it? Not sure, but I have no doubt we will be close.

ffs which expert put money on swansea be it with a weakened side to turnover Woolwich ,what is it 30 points to play with ,every team we play is below us ,the sooner we get our heads around that nothing is less predictable than the PL .Now out come the grim reaping brigade oh oh we won,t make the top 4 .Learn a fucking lesson predictable games ffs look who,s top ,what a bunch of fucking melts COYS .
spot on. I came on here feeling what an amazing time it is to be a Spurs fan and the shit I have read on here has me scratching my head. What a bunch of pessimistic cunts some are. We didn't have the best of weeks but scum needed 3 points a hell of a lot more than we did. Not to mention we played them off the park on Saturday. How many times in my lifetime have I been able to say that? Also, look at what others who are around us did this week bar Leicester! There is a reason we are up near the top and our GD is by far the best in the league. We are a dman good side and no one is looking forward to playing us. Have some fucking faith people damn

the sad thing is we would have won the title this season had we not been in the Europa league. This last week i saw results play out exactly how I expected with respect tor recovery times and intensity.Pochettino NEEDS to rotate the squad and avoid the usual boring fizzing off towards the end of the season.
What, did you just come back in time with Doc Brown and see it yourself?

Don't sound so sure of yourself since you don't know where we would be if we were or weren't in Europa.

A lot of doom and gloom here. And a lot of results-based perspective.

Before two very tough games (this season’s WHU, away, is a tough game; a derby against a 3rd placed side which has a huge point to prove, is a tough game) we’d won 6 on the bounce! Don’t remember our players looking jaded, tired or burnt-out in those… I remember beating Moneybags City away (scoring late) and coming back from a sucker punch 0-1 to win 2-1, in a game we just never stopped running.

And I remember a pretty rotated side beating Italy’s 3rd best team comprehensively.

Actually, West Ham is the only game I can remember in which we actively underperformed. We played the Scum off the park on Sat, could’ve won but that’s football. We are 2nd for a reason, we can lose the next game and still be 2nd, for a reason (GD). We are closer to 1st than 4th.

Apocalypse, this is not.

A lot of doom and gloom here. And a lot of results-based perspective.

Before two very tough games (this season’s WHU, away, is a tough game; a derby against a 3rd placed side which has a huge point to prove, is a tough game) we’d won 6 on the bounce! Don’t remember our players looking jaded, tired or burnt-out in those… I remember beating Moneybags City away (scoring late) and coming back from a sucker punch 0-1 to win 2-1, in a game we just never stopped running.

And I remember a pretty rotated side beating Italy’s 3rd best team comprehensively.

Actually, West Ham is the only game I can remember in which we actively underperformed. We played the Scum off the park on Sat, could’ve won but that’s football. We are 2nd for a reason, we can lose the next game and still be 2nd, for a reason (GD). We are closer to 1st than 4th.

Apocalypse, this is not.
/thread

Taken from Sky web page on basis teams get the same amount of points from the reverse fixtures. An absolute ridiculous idea but I much prefer the press playing down our chances rather than making us favourites. Takes the pressure off and is more likely to get the players up for it to prove them wrong.

3427594.jpg

I know spursmalc is only sharing this with all but this is the typical nonsense that is surrounding us during a time we should be ecstatic, optimistic, enjoying the season. The season will always have results that will twang those emotions to ebb and flow, to rise and fall, make you smile or cry, thats football. Who cares what others are predicting. We need to trust in Poch and accept he will pick the best team he has available or is tactically best.
Lets get upbeat and look forward to our next game rather than get bogged down with, ifs and buts rubbish. COYS

I have to admit. After this week I am feeling a lot more pessimistic. But I'm still proud of the side and not panicking.
We have little to no influence on what happens from now so let's try to keep that unity going and trust the management to see us through.

Quite amazing that we could end up being disappointed to finish 3rd or even 4th by the end of this.

Here is a table calculator where you can predict the remaining fixtures.

Premier League - Table calculator

I had us down to pip Leicester on the last day of the season on account of them losing to the chavs and us beating Newcastle. Think I might have been a bit biased with our results, to be honnest.
:walkercry:

Whatever happens, win the damn thing or finish 4th, this has been one hell of a season. Proud of this brilliant young team and our inspirational manager. They will only get better and better over the next few years, so the best is yet to come. COYS!!!

I've got us finishing on 77 points, city on 72, leicster on 70 and the scum on 68.

Basically I've predicted we win 7, lose to Chelsea and draw at Liverpool.

Leicster lose to Chelsea and Manu and draw a fair few others.

Wouldn't it be fantastic!

COYS

We win the league and I will happily pay £100 to Admin Admin charity of choice and another £100 to keep the forum ticking over.

£200 is nothing compared to how much winning the league would mean to me, I'd be glad to do it.

We still have a chance even if Lecister are massive favourites now. And yes you can quote me if we do pull it off.

Last edited:
I've tried to be realistic and I have Leicester winning comfortably, us and Woolwich battling for 2nd/3rd, City 4th, Spam 5th... Norwich, Newcastle and Villa going down... I just don't see where Leicester are going to drop enough points for anyone else to come close. I really think it's won. The only thing that can stop it is if I put money on them winning. Here goes...

Back
Top Bottom