The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

exactly.
we've been rotating the team all season and yet some fans think we should start doing this now. strange
i think they mean the key players, not every starting 11 having to be completly different.
Its all about opinions.
But the likes of dier & kane need a rest & have been over played in my opinion.
A few others like eriksen & ali too. I think ali is being hampered by injury.

Maybe some disagree
& think they can play every game until the end of the season.
We shall see what poch does.

Last edited:
There's almost quarter of a season remaining in terms of games. Plenty of time for teams to go on a strong run or go into decline. I'm just enjoying the ride. Our run in, like everyone else's, has some tough fixtures & quite a few we would expect to win. We've just got to keep the faith & see where we are come May. I think it's been the most enjoyable premier league I can remember & we are still right in the mix.
COYS!

i think they mean the key players, not every starting 11 having to be completly different.
Its all about opinions.
But the likes of dier & kane need a rest & have been over played in my opinion.
A few others like eriksen & ali too. I think ali is being hampered by injury.

Maybe some disagree
& think they can play every game until the end of the season.
We shall see what poch does.

fair points.
rest them against Villa.

as a player; play away at 66,000 Dortmund or a half empty villa park, home of a relegated side

I'm sick of this rubbish from our own fans that we've 'bottled it' over the last two games. We lost to a good team away from home by a single goal in their biggest game of the season and then dominated but ultimately drew against our rivals and, when you consider the save on the line from Kane which was a bees dick from a goal and the save from Lamela, we were very unlucky not to win after being the better side. Sure, if we lose to Villa and Bournemouth in the next two then maybe those fans have a case but these knee-jerk reactions are still ridiculous; we're still second in the league and within touching distance of the top.

I'm sick of this rubbish from our own fans that we've 'bottled it' over the last two games. We lost to a good team away from home by a single goal in their biggest game of the season and then dominated but ultimately drew against our rivals and, when you consider the save on the line from Kane which was a bees dick from a goal and the save from Lamela, we were very unlucky not to win after being the better side. Sure, if we lose to Villa and Bournemouth in the next two then maybe those fans have a case but these knee-jerk reactions are still ridiculous; we're still second in the league and within touching distance of the top.

Well said Sir..

Stoke (a)
Chelsea (a)
Liverpool (a)

I think there our hardest remaining fixtures. Liverpool can be hit and miss, Chelsea are looking like themselves of last season and Stoke away is always tough.

Villa (a)
Southampton (h)
West Brom (h)
Bournemouth (h)
United (h)
Newcastle (a)

They are fixtures we need to get maximum points from. We are better than them all and are more than capable of winning them all.

Chelsea away is the only game I'm pessimistic about, but even that I think we can come out with a result.

in the last few weeks i have read and heard lots of talk, looking at THFC as favorites for the title and pundits saying "something special is happening" For most this is just a throw away comment, something to say on TV or Radio as if they are in the know. Many fans will blurt out the same nonsense. We need to keep it real, we are having a brilliant season and anything is possible, yes - special, history will tell us this? ? we should not scupper our chances by looking beyond ourselves, predicting results etc... Its the "kiss of death" for me. leave it and us alone and focus on LC. ONE GAME AT A TIME and time will tell?

We as supporters, no matter what side of the fence you reside on, we must all pull together. We are all disappointed on Saturdays result and wanted a better outcome . On reflection, we are sitting 2nd in the PL because of all the hard work this season so far from both players and the supporters. The PL does not come down to one game or does it reflect on your last game played, its over many months of sweat and huff? We are also in the EL 16 and have a good shout at winning it.

The run in starts here, so ......

...COYS

some good posts about expectations.
I'm must confess I'm now shitting it about the teams behind us starting to put runs together. The shitcunts at upton park, Man city could still put a run together. I think saturdays result could invigorate the scum.

Taken from Sky web page on basis teams get the same amount of points from the reverse fixtures. An absolute ridiculous idea but I much prefer the press playing down our chances rather than making us favourites. Takes the pressure off and is more likely to get the players up for it to prove them wrong.

3427594.jpg

Back
Top Bottom