The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Woolwich have 4 games in 10 days now, hopefully they beat Hull then they have at least one more FA Cup game to fit in as well.
Those 4 words should never* be put in the same sentance EVER!!!

*UNLESS it's with hindsight: as in; "Glad they beat Leicester, as it allowed US to win the league..."
But ONLY then!

If Leicester can stop us winning the league on the last day of the season, the chavs will throw the game.

People thinking it wouldn't happen, firstly remember this is Tottenham we're talking about, and secondly it has happened before. Pretty sure Millwall done it in the past to fuck Palace over, let themselves get beat 4-0 by Blackburn I think it was
:adeninja:

Didn't know they had Leicester. Why do people keep saying Leicester have an easy run in?
See above!
...and we certainly 'let' Man Utd win on the last day in '99 denying You Know Who the title... pretty sure we'd have thumped them if nothing was riding on it!
:pocheyes::vertna::llorishuh::levywhoa:

Woolwich have 4 games in 10 days now, hopefully they beat Hull
giphy.gif

The run-in isn't looking good for Tottenham for the following reasons:
- the side is noticeably fatigued. All the key players are losing form at the worse time to do so, mainly because the playing style is too intense
- speculation about the manager. Poch is if anything an ambitious individual. I think it unlikely we will keep him for another season, and the intermittent turmoil over his situation will impact badly on player motivation and form
- we only have one style of play. Poch wanted to change this, develop a B game, but the ugly fact is we are predictable, especially upfront
If we get top 4 I will consider it an achievement. My fear is this side could end up finishing a very spursy 5th.

The run-in isn't looking good for Tottenham for the following reasons:
- the side is noticeably fatigued. All the key players are losing form at the worse time to do so, mainly because the playing style is too intense
- speculation about the manager. Poch is if anything an ambitious individual. I think it unlikely we will keep him for another season, and the intermittent turmoil over his situation will impact badly on player motivation and form
- we only have one style of play. Poch wanted to change this, develop a B game, but the ugly fact is we are predictable, especially upfront
If we get top 4 I will consider it an achievement. My fear is this side could end up finishing a very spursy 5th.
I don't think its as bleak as that. I am confident of top 4. but title seems way too much to ask.
if we can hold on to top 3 & avoid the CL play off then that would be superb!

but yes it is possible we could go on a bad run & end up 5th.
but we would have to implode.

100% agree about the fatigue. will really hinder us again this season I think.
the players look a bit jaded & not able to press as much. which is understandable.
I think its humanly impossible to keep up for a whole season.

also agree that we have no plan B. I think it makes it even harder when we only have 1 central striker.

poch has done amazing before people start. but I think those are the 2 things he needs to work on.
a way to stop the burn out/fatigue issue. & developing a plan B.

I cant see poch leaving that soon. don't think Utd or Chelsea will go for him in the summer.
so who does that leave? surely Madrid will give zidane all of next season.

hopefully we get at least another 4 or 5 years out of poch before a bigger club steals him away.

We had two great chances to go top and we bottled it.

Time to go back to taking one game at a time and focusing on our own matches before worrying about our rivals.

They do until the last three games.

Man United (A)
Everton (H)
Chelsea (A)

I reckon they'll have it sewn up by then.

Away at Palace and Sunderland as well ... they could drop points there.

PL , Its back on......

2 away games from now until May.

That's pretty generous. Plus, they have the best away record in the league.

Booooooo to the facts.....oh well.

Lets take one game at a time (repeat umpteenth time) and see where it takes us. Starting with Thurs then look at Villa. If we could all predict the outcome of games we would all be rich. Who would put their house on LC winning the PL, I certainly wouldn't. There is a long way to go and lots of points,twist and turns and LUCK to play for.

Are the team tired/burnt out? I do not know but not on yesterday's showing as we should have won. We need 6 points from our next 2 games. Get them and it is an International break and after that it all depends whether we are still in the Europa. If we are not, then we have 1 match a week which is very much easier than trying to play both. We really must win these next 2 matches and if not barring flukes etc then I can only put it down to tiredness.
The League is now Leicester's to lose. I am past saying they cannot keep it up as I expected them to have faded by now.

I think the key players are tired. Alli looks like he is carrying an injury, Kane can only be asked to do so much running and be clinical, Erikssen's pass the other day setting up the Woolwich second goal was very out of character - he looks tired.
I hope it isn't so, but all Poch's teams have faded away in the final games and I think that comes down to the intensity of his play and the heavy training sessions.
If he went to a side with as big and deep a squad as Chelsea, it wouldn't be so big an issue. Which could be a factor in his thinking when weighing up his options this summer.

Top 4 isn't a guarantee, however it's much better to be fighting the amount of teams we are for 4 places rather than a one on one shoot out for 4th. Man Utd, City, Woolwich, West Ham etc all have to play each other, so there is no way they can't all keep picking up points. We should be fine, and I only mentioned West Ham as they're 5th :)

our best apparent season ever (table position wise) and we are only fucking 6 points ahead of that tin pot club . west ham/. I honestly cant give Poch enough credit as he deserves but he needs to get his head of out of his arse right now and avoid being the deer in the headlights. We all know for a FACT if we play the same team, same players in a row for the next 4 games we will end up dropping points to likes of bournemouth or even villa.Rather than denying the effects of burn out. Poch needs to make some tough choices and rotate the squad.

Part of me won't give a shit if we get knocked out of the EL by Dortmund.

Will be nice to be playing one game a week for the run in to give the lads some rest.

I think the key players are tired. Alli looks like he is carrying an injury, Kane can only be asked to do so much running and be clinical, Erikssen's pass the other day setting up the Woolwich second goal was very out of character - he looks tired.
I hope it isn't so, but all Poch's teams have faded away in the final games and I think that comes down to the intensity of his play and the heavy training sessions.
If he went to a side with as big and deep a squad as Chelsea, it wouldn't be so big an issue. Which could be a factor in his thinking when weighing up his options this summer.
Last season we pulled it round, at the end of the season to finish 5th above Liverpool.
This season, I am expecting the same. Once the weather improves and the the end is nigh, we will be far more focused and will get on with it, with positive results.

A narrow defeat at Dortmund
A win at Villa
Lose to Dortmund on Aggregate
A win at home to Bournemouth
A 13 day break
A draw at Lolerpool
An 8 day break
A win at home to Manure
An 8 day break
A draw at Stoke
A 7 day break
A loss at Chavs
A 5 day break
A home win to saints
An 8 day break
A win at relegated Toon

20 points from 27 is my leaving us with 75 in total
I if we beat Dortmund then this will mean less rest for our squad
This season will go down to the wire, and all teams above Stoke have a genuine chance of CL next year, and my Spurs are one of them COYS

our best apparent season ever (table position wise) and we are only fucking 6 points ahead of that tin pot club . west ham/. I honestly cant give Poch enough credit as he deserves but he needs to get his head of out of his arse right now and avoid being the deer in the headlights. We all know for a FACT if we play the same team, same players in a row for the next 4 games we will end up dropping points to likes of bournemouth or even villa.Rather than denying the effects of burn out. Poch needs to make some tough choices and rotate the squad.

Have we played the same team two games in a row at all this season?

Back
Top Bottom