The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Leicester can stop us winning the league on the last day of the season, the chavs will throw the game.

People thinking it wouldn't happen, firstly remember this is Tottenham we're talking about, and secondly it has happened before. Pretty sure Millwall done it in the past to fuck Palace over, let themselves get beat 4-0 by Blackburn I think it was
:adeninja:

My prediction considering the league is...

if Dembele will start in the last 9 matches, we are going to win it. Sounds ridiculous, but I believe he is the key. No matter what Leicester does.
A key player. I dont think he started in any of the 4 league defeats. But i could be wrong.

I think things will end how they now sit. Leicester, Us, them, and then unfortunately the spam. We all know of our tendency to mess up a good thing but I think we maybe got some of that out of our system now. Woolwich aren't even close to showing their extent of bottled games. Between Leicester's easier run of games and their ability to more. Consistently beat they teams they should, they should hang in till the end.

No team has won the title with 7 losses in PL history. I will definitely rule Woolwich out of it. Their team just doesn't have it in them to rewrite history.

I think Leicester will drop points against Palace, Sunderland, West Ham, Everton and Chelsea. Maybe 9 in 3 losses.

While I hope we can win the next 3 games but I will take 7 points and see where we stand then. Hopefully we will close the gap to 2-3 points again.

Critical we get 6 points from Villa away and Bournemouth at home.

Villa look worse each week and I can't see them holding out for a draw against our style of play.

Bournemouth are full of confidence, but again our pressing game will tire them out.

Just focus on what we have to do and let the rest of the league do their own thing.

I tried the table calculator again (www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-premier-league/).
Got Leicester winning on 73 pts, despite them only getting two points from the last three games.
2. Arse 69
3. Us 68
4. Chelsea 67 (firing the cunt really changed their season)
5. United 67
6. City 65
7. Southampton 64
8. West Ham 64

Despite ending up behind the you know who I'd take that third.

With our run-in, it could be worse.
I crunched the numbers, I reckon City are the main threat.

Still think we'll win it, neutral fans saying the same after all the games yesterday as well.

Leicester will choke, it's on us.

We just need to keep close until the last 3 games.

If we overcome Dortmund we still have 4 more games to a EL Cup final , this is why our chances of finishing 1st are going to be jeopardised .
All the professional pundits are no better off predicting who will win the premiership than me or you.
Pococino has created something special for us this year, without sacrificing our attacking principles.
Next year expect the oil rich teams with different managers plus motormouth Marino to produce a much stronger challenge next year.
Every Spurs game can't come quick enough and since being a fan since 1967 this team are at last. Giving me belief in our proud club COYS

We collected 4 pts from 9, Scum 1 pt from 9. From here on I'll take that just to stay above em?
its not all as clear cut as people are predicting. Preasure on LC, on us and others will knock some results into touch, week by week.

9 games left. With 11 games to go I anticipated 6 wins, 2 draws and 3 losses- 20 points from 33 which is slightly less than the rate we have accumulated points so far. In terms of the title, if I'm about right, from now we will get 19 points from 27, dropping 8 points. Sadly looking at Leicester's run in I just can't see them dropping at least 13 points from 27 to let us win on goal difference.
Hope springs eternal though, the next 2 rounds of games will tell us a lot. Get 6 points and we're still in it. Anything less than 6 points and I suspect it's gone.
Hopefully the teams beneath us can keep in being inconsistent too...

My prediction considering the league is...

if Dembele will start in the last 9 matches, we are going to win it. Sounds ridiculous, but I believe he is the key. No matter what Leicester does.

Thing is Dembele has to play the whole game, we also lose control of games when he comes off.

For me leave him out of the EL as well as Dier, let Mason and Bentaleb show us they have a future here.

Unless Leicester have a total capitulation the only other team that can realistically win the league from here is us..That's why yesterday's result on reflection, wasn't too bad. It effectively knocked Woolwich out the race.

Back
Top Bottom