The race for top four.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need to win at Bournemouth. We’ve lost our last 5 away league matches and 8 of our last 9 in all competitions. Should we be confident about that ?
Let’s hope that Leicester can do a job for us this weekend . Not sure what’s best from the United- Chelsea game.
8 defeats out of our last 9 away games in all competitions is staggering!!!! I was convinced you were mistaken but my God you're right?

We have lost 8 out of our last 9 away games........... That is shocking

Plus we should all be cheering Man U tomorrow as it makes the finish line for champions league 3 points less..... 73 points will be the magic number if Man U beat Chelsea

Let's be frank here.

We're a completely spent force physically and mentally. Only a total fluke saved our blushes in an utterly asleep performance against Brighton. We're about to be thrashed by Ajax over the two legs. And if we need anything from that final day game against Everton, we're going to miss out on top four, tilting the club over a very frightening cliff edge.

We can piss and moan about whose fault all of that is when the time comes, but those are the bare realities.

Just pray that Bournemouth are customarily generous, and that that proves to be enough I guess. 14/1 on us missing top four was an absolute joke before this game, ugh, why is sports betting not legal in the US!?

Did you write the same team talk for ManU before their recent 4-0 defeat to Everton....and for Woolwich defeat v Crystal Palace and Chelsea before their draw ?

Do you think the fact that those 3 clubs picked up one point between them in the last round of games was good enough for clubs competing to be in the top 4 of PL ?

8 defeats out of our last 9 away games in all competitions is staggering!!!! I was convinced you were mistaken but my God you're right?

We have lost 8 out of our last 9 away games........... That is shocking

Plus we should all be cheering Man U tomorrow as it makes the finish line for champions league 3 points less..... 73 points will be the magic number if Man U beat Chelsea
Yes, United win means we are in top 4 with 3 points on last 2 games.

Let’s be honest, our legs have gone. 6 defeats in the last 10, the players have run out of gas. It’s going to be really difficult but what will help us is that all 3 contenders are still in Europe. Nobody is going to be fresh.

So Chelsea are going to win aren't they..........

I don’t think so

Depends if they play Giroud up top with Hazard playing off him
That’s their best formation

If they stick Hazard up front on his own as Sarri seems to prefer then no

As it stands:

GamesGDPoints
3Tottenham362970
4Chelsea352167
5Woolwich352366
6Man Utd351364

If Woolwich lose tomorrow their max point total is 72. Draw =max 73
If Chelsea lose tomorrow their max point total is 73. Draw =max 74
If United lose tomorrow their max point total is 70. Draw = max 71

12 games we have lost this season. Forget the context of today's loss but 1 in 3 games is not a stat of deep quality.

Just need a United win tomorrow and they will know it's effectively their last chance.
2 draws tomorrow and City will win at Burnley.

WHAT???

Lets hope United win obviously.

Leicester taking a point at least off Woolwich would be very good.

3 more points will clinch it for us in my opinion.

As it stands:

GamesGDPoints
3Tottenham362970
4Chelsea352167
5Woolwich352366
6Man Utd351364

If Woolwich lose tomorrow their max point total is 72. Draw =max 73
If Chelsea lose tomorrow their max point total is 73. Draw =max 74
If United lose tomorrow their max point total is 70. Draw = max 71
You could say in reality United are on 70pts like us, with just the Chelsea match to play. As they have 2 relegated teams left after the Chelsea game. So not sure if a draw is best rather than a United win.

Last edited:
At least you've got Beckham
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom