The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Best points tally at this stage of a campaign, scored in every game – what are you saying about targets to players?

I don’t think you can be specific. What we want to try and do is finish the season strong. We started the season strong and obviously we had some challenges through that middle period. We handled it not too bad. Obviously the results weren’t great but our competitive levels were still decent through that time.

It is about finishing the season strong. I don’t think it is any different to any other team. You can have specific targets but ultimately, if we finish the season strong, we will be in a decent position.

SATURDAY 17TH FEBRUARY
Brentford12:30Liverpool
Burnley15:00Woolwich
Fulham15:00Aston Villa
Newcastle United15:00AFC Bournemouth
Nottingham Forest15:00West Ham United
Tottenham Hotspur15:00Wolverhampton Wanderers
Manchester City17:30Chelsea
SUNDAY 18TH FEBRUARY
Sheffield United14:00Brighton & Hove Albion
Luton Town16:30Manchester United

This is what is so great about the EPL.
I am interested in every single result.

Last edited:
SATURDAY 17TH FEBRUARY
Brentford12:30Liverpool
Burnley15:00Woolwich
Fulham15:00Aston Villa
Newcastle United15:00AFC Bournemouth
Nottingham Forest15:00West Ham United
Tottenham Hotspur15:00Wolverhampton Wanderers
Manchester City17:30Chelsea
SUNDAY 18TH FEBRUARY
Sheffield United14:00Brighton & Hove Albion
Luton Town16:30Manchester United

This is what is so great about the EPL.
I am interested in every single result.

I’m interested in woolwich losing

fixture_difficulty_per_game_2023_24-1-2048x1843.png

Strange table that.... Would be much more interesting to see how we weigh up against the other top 4 teams(*); not the likes of Wolves & mid-table fodder like the Chav Cunts.

(*We're closer to Arse & City than we are Man U in 6th and closer to Liverpool than we are NuCastle in 7th.)

Last edited:
This stage of the season is where we fell apart last year, Ange has got to get the lads smiling again and playing with energy. From the first whistle against Wolves there was something not right, we didn’t seem to have any enthusiasm. I’ve always thought that the most important thing if you want to win matches is that the players enjoy being out there. Even if you are underdogs, even if you’re tired, you have to enjoy the game.

That’s the difference between the early games and the recent ones. At the start of the season there was no pressure, nobody expected anything and we were playing with freedom. They were enjoying playing football again. But now we are in a different moment. Title challenge is over, we are out of the cups, players have had injuries and struggled to recover, opponents know how to play against us now, rival teams are finding form and we are stuttering in the top 4 race. The pressure to reach the CL is now very high, the season will be a failure if we do not reach it now.

What we saw against Wolves was the same stuff that made Conte’s head explode and go on that famous rant. A team that wasn’t comfortable playing under pressure. In an important game against a stubborn (inferior) opponent, we completely froze. This is the biggest obstacle that Ange has to overcome. We are a team that still lacks courage.

Strange table that.... Would be much more interesting to see how we weigh up against the other top 4 teams(*); not the likes of Wolves & mid-table fodder like the Chav Cunts.

(*We're close to Arse & City than we are Man U in 6th and closer to Liverpool than we are NuCastle in 7th.)

Less than 48 hours later…..

0e7caed9-42c2-4e2c-afd0-259144f06ea8_text.gif

Going to have to just suck it up this weekend, I think.

Villa at home to a Forest team that have 1 away win in their last 10 away games in the league. Forest haven't beaten Villa away since 1994.

Man Utd at home to a Fulham team who haven't won an away game since the opening day. And will be without Palhinha who's suspended. Fulham with 1 win away at OT in the last 25 years.

Villa at home to a Forest team that have 1 away win in their last 10 away games in the league. Forest haven't beaten Villa away since 1994.

Man Utd at home to a Fulham team who haven't won an away game since the opening day. And will be without Palhinha who's suspended. Fulham with 1 win away at OT in the last 25 years.
Maybe next year. Make no mistake, Man Utd will not be as shit as they have been this year for a long while.

:levywtf:

2023-242022-23
14-5-652-3814-3-846-35

We are +10 "same" teams and +2 same games.

SAME TEAM+/-SAME GAME+/-
25WolvesH1-2L10H1-0WChelsea2H2-0W
26Crystal PalaceHH1-0WWolvesA0-1L
27Aston VillaAA1-2LNottingham ForestH3-1W
28FulhamAA1-0WSouthamptonA3-3D
29Luton Town (Soton)HH4-1WEvertonA1-1D
30West Ham UnitedAA1-1DBrightonH2-1W

Current PPG 1.88 equating to 72 pts.

Last edited:

I’m going to switch off this weekend and get drunk for a big part of it! Hopefully when I look at what’s been happening the positions haven’t changed!

SATURDAY 24TH FEBRUARY
Aston Villa15:00Nottingham Forest
Manchester United15:00Fulham
AFC Bournemouth17:30Manchester City
Arsenal20:00Newcastle United

Back
Top Bottom