The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Stop the negative Nancy mindset. PMA is the key.
As well as MDMA. And maybe some PDA

As a collective we need to be the belief that courses through the veins of our players.

One game a week. Started the season with 26/30 points. Let’s do that again. see where we are at.

12 wins 2 draws and the title could be ours.
I see you got 2 haha's and no likes / agrees.

The squad is almost back to full strength. Just Solomon and Sess out? and Perisic gone. Plus Timo and Dragusin added. Why the fuck can't we repeat our early season form. And I agree that if we were to there's a strong chance we'd be lifting the trophy at the end of the season.
I'm pretty sure from what I've seen so far that's the sort of thing Ange will be putting across to the squad.

As a collective we need to be the belief that courses through the veins of our players.

One game a week. Started the season with 26/30 points. Let’s do that again. see where we are at.

You expect city to drop points in 5 remaining games? How much MDMA exactly?

I see you got 2 haha's and no likes / agrees.

The squad is almost back to full strength. Just Solomon and Sess out? and Perisic gone. Plus Timo and Dragusin added. Why the fuck can't we repeat our early season form. And I agree that if we were to there's a strong chance we'd be lifting the trophy at the end of the season.
I'm pretty sure from what I've seen so far that's the sort of thing Ange will be putting across to the squad.

I think in regards to having PMA 100% Ange is saying that.

We can play rest for two days train for 3 and rest a day. This team should go into every game with the knowledge we can outrun and outplay every team.

Maddison has hardly played. VDV is relatively fresh. Like you say better options on the bench now.
Annoying we dropped points to Everton. Those 2 points could be key.

But you have to say if - massive IF - we have 16 fit 1st team players we have a chance to do something here purely down to the fact we can recuperate and work on the training pitch. And we have options on the bench now.

Needto bring a Michael Jordan type mentality to the table. Relentless pursuit of winning.

You did dry January and have been on a bender since Feb ticked round, haven't you?

Evening!

Since the general consensus is that we'll do well to finish 8th this season, I thought I'd get in there and get the traditional thread up and running with a modest target.

I'd also like the keep track of some milestones:

First Point ✓
First Win
First Clean Sheet
Richy Goal
Richy Hat-Trick
Son Goal

Will tick them off as we get there. Happy to add more if any of you have others. Serious suggestions only please! This is not a crèche!

Scientifically determined chance of top 7: 0.06%

Also, only 39 more points to go until safety!

How You Doin Kiss GIF
What is this nonsense!

I don't even know if I want England to get a fifth spot right now. I think we're favourites for 4th place, in which case I'd rather United didn't get a chance to fraud their way into the CL with some of the worst football I've seen from a top side.

I don't even know if I want England to get a fifth spot right now. I think we're favourites for 4th place, in which case I'd rather United didn't get a chance to fraud their way into the CL with some of the worst football I've seen from a top side.

Don't even think Utd will be that consistent, Villa could still make it

LOL
I never thought of it that way.

ENGLAND, 13.875

Woolwich and Manchester City went through as group winners in the UCL, and will be favourites to advance against FC Porto and FC Copenhagen respectively. Man City added to the coefficient score with their first-leg win in Denmark.

Brighton & Hove Albion, Liverpool and West Ham United are all through to the UEL round of 16, as are Aston Villa in the UECL.

Manchester United and Newcastle United were knocked out after finishing bottom of their UCL groups.

Advanced to round of 16: 6
Out: 2

The Premier League is in third place after two of its teams failed in the Champions League. It makes it much harder to make the top two -- but deep runs from multiple teams would still give the league a chance.

Knockout playoff round: The Premier League has no teams in the knockout playoff round, so it cannot score any coefficient points and is therefore certain to be in a worse position after February's games as other leagues pick up wins and bonus points.

Back
Top Bottom