The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They're struggling to beat the fodder of the league and some are worried about them.

People look at results and not performances, I caught their match yesterday and they were unbelievably shit, they won because they the opps were just bad, that kind of shit isn't sustainable, they remind me of us last season minus Kane.

People look at results and not performances, I caught their match yesterday and they were unbelievably shit, they won because they the opps were just bad, that kind of shit isn't sustainable, they remind me of us last season minus Kane.

UTD are less of an issue than Villa or Newcastle.

Villa seem to be the current darlings who can do no wrong, even though they are terrible away from home.

They can't score goals, the forwards have only contributed 1 goal between them all season so how does Shaw and Martinez change that?
Of course it does. Creates a far better platform to get the ball into midfield, push up and play quickly. They are far both far better on the ball than the others…. Yes they aren’t going to bang in goals directly but they will play quicker, and get the midfielders turning and creating chances.

Look at our play on the ball and chances created yesterday. What was different to the rest of the season? Maddison granted but also the back 4

Of course it does. Creates a far better platform to get the ball into midfield, push up and play quickly. They are far both far better on the ball than the others…. Yes they aren’t going to bang in goals directly but they will play quicker, and get the midfielders turning and creating chances.

Look at our play on the ball and chances created yesterday. What was different to the rest of the season? Maddison granted but also the back 4

The only times they have played in this team Utd have scored 1 goal in 2 games...

Utd's forwards aren't firing and it's not because of Shaw and fucking Martinez

Ultimately I think if we defend like we did yesterday against Watkins, Diaby etc, we're fucked. Plus I'm at that game. First one this season. What timing 😂
The goals that Wolves scored were excellent, not really down to individual defensive errors.

Disagrees galore, but we're now third and just five points ahead of 7th place United. I fail to understand how people can't see hard these injuries will hit us. I was wrong when I said we'll be 7th by the end of January. It will be the end of December. It's not defeatist. It's realistic. We just have to hope we bounce back strong from February onwards and make a top four challenge. Finish top four and that's a great season.
I think we all knew injuries would keep us from competing with city and we needed to be fortunate to compete with Woolwich or Liverpool.

I don’t think anyone could have predicted getting this many injuries at one time. We are going to struggle to get any wins with the side that played against wolves. (Not saying we won’t get any, but every win will be a struggle).

Romero back eventually and Udogie back should help but it’s about to get really difficult. I can’t see more than 5 wins in our next 8 through the new year and 4 is more realistic.

If we can just hold serve until the injuries and remain within a few points of 5th, we should be in good shape to recover.

6 game winless now for Brighton. Newcastle having more problems than us with their squad and have fixtures piling up. Man Utd aren't good.

We're still in a great position.

6 game winless now for Brighton. Newcastle having more problems than us with their squad and have fixtures piling up. Man Utd aren't good.

We're still in a great position.
We can definitely be in and around the champions league places by the time Maddison and VDV come back thanks to the cushion we've got.

It just won't feel like a good position to a lot of fans because it won't be as good as the first 10 games were. We needed really good injury luck to be in the title race to begin with. Now that that dream is dead and buried we can be realistic.

They've spent £400m+ on the squad in a couple of windows. He can't rock up and spend wads of cash immediately.

They may target one or two key positions for sensible fees immediately to bring balance and stability but they are like a flashier version of us - unbalanced, loads of square pegs for round holes and missing key components to play the way the manager wants.

IIRC they hit an FFP brick wall this past window; hence they had to loan Reg & Amrabat at the death of the window.

First and foremost any initial spluurge from Radcliffe will on all the infrastructure problems that The Glaziers have been ducking..... His focus willl be on the club as much as the team.........

As a minority shareholder he'll ultimately still expect to see any investment mirrored by % from the majority owners.

We really need 3 pts against villa. Not sure we can field such an impotent team against them. That midfield lacked such creativeness. It essentially invited the pressure on. I’d start with lo celso. Boom or bust with him now

Back
Top Bottom