The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have nine games between now and the end of January. That's 27 points. We are 8 points ahead of 7th now. I'd love to be wrong, but I won't be. This will hit us very hard.
Disagrees galore, but we're now third and just five points ahead of 7th place United. I fail to understand how people can't see hard these injuries will hit us. I was wrong when I said we'll be 7th by the end of January. It will be the end of December. It's not defeatist. It's realistic. We just have to hope we bounce back strong from February onwards and make a top four challenge. Finish top four and that's a great season.

Disagrees galore, but we're now third and just five points ahead of 7th place United. I fail to understand how people can't see hard these injuries will hit us. I was wrong when I said we'll be 7th by the end of January. It will be the end of December. It's not defeatist. It's realistic. We just have to hope we bounce back strong from February onwards and make a top four challenge. Finish top four and that's a great season.

Remember other teams will have 6 pointers to play too. Not everyone can win 3 points every week. And Newcastle are struggling away to a bottom 4 team as I type this.

But we have 3 home games in our next 4. I think we will lose to City away. I’d hope we don’t lose all 3 of the home games.
Villa and Newcastle games are both big 6 pointers at home. West Ham at home? You expect a loss there?

How many points are you predicting from the next 12 available? 3? 5?

And what I will also say is that usually the top 4 come from the top 6 at matchweek 25. It’s a good indicator of the final table.

If we have dropped at the rate you expect to the end of December then by the end of January - we could maybe be 9th? - then we can forget top 4.

Good you are sticking your flag to your mast anyway. Fair play. Good to have discussion on here.

I got a lot of disagrees for saying playing the bottom 4 in the first 8 games was an easy start. Our first 10 matches I expected we would win more points than the next 9. And I stand by that.

So we can all agree to disagree on here!!

They got a -3 GD, they are wank. Ratcliffe is a concern tbf

If you were told at the beginning of the season that after 12 games we'd be top four, you probably wouldn't have believed it.

Just enjoy the journey man. There's 26 games left. There's still an FA Cup to play for. Fuck Man Utd or anyone else currently below us.

Just a friendly reminder to anyone struggling after this week..... Everyone else will drop points along the way too. 👍

yes they are, as in what i said

CFG are acting inside the rules. They are legally allowed to loan, sell, transfer players within their umbrella

the rest is the rest

There's also a whole world of difference between City taking Lampard from their New York team and Newcastle taking a £50m+ player in his prime for nothing.

Yes, but Ratcliffe's benefit won't be felt for at least two or three windows.
Not sure - think there will be an immediate step change in culture off the pitch. Agree on the pitch but the former will be a boost

They will be a half decent side again when Shaw and Martinez are back

Not sure - think there will be an immediate step change in culture off the pitch. Agree on the pitch but the former will be a boost

They've spent £400m+ on the squad in a couple of windows. He can't rock up and spend wads of cash immediately.

They may target one or two key positions for sensible fees immediately to bring balance and stability but they are like a flashier version of us - unbalanced, loads of square pegs for round holes and missing key components to play the way the manager wants.

4. I think we'll lose to Villa and City, beat Spam and draw with Newcastle.

I think Newcastle are struggling with CL and injuries. Difficult to judge that now as furthest away though.

Villa I haven’t watched them this season at all. No idea how we will fare with this current line up.

The main banana skin being West Ham. Could always nick a draw against us with their negative football.

I think Newcastle are struggling with CL and injuries. Difficult to judge that now as furthest away though.

Villa I haven’t watched them this season at all. No idea how we will fare with this current line up.

The main banana skin being West Ham. Could always nick a draw against us with their negative football.

Villa have been amazing at home and wank away. But have crazy pace up top.

Ultimately I think if we defend like we did yesterday against Watkins, Diaby etc, we're fucked. Plus I'm at that game. First one this season. What timing 😂

They can't score goals, the forwards have only contributed 1 goal between them all season so how does Shaw and Martinez change that?

Back
Top Bottom