The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yesterday was laughing at Newcastle and this morning Man United but it just hit me.

Do I need to be supporting these two clubs? If they get knocked out of Europe altogether does that put the 5th CL spot place at risk?

Of course we might not need that 5th place anyway but don’t want to be too blasé about this.

Nah fuck em. They can lose every game of the season as far as I'm concerned.

Yesterday was laughing at Newcastle and this morning Man United but it just hit me.

Do I need to be supporting these two clubs? If they get knocked out of Europe altogether does that put the 5th CL spot place at risk?

Of course we might not need that 5th place anyway but don’t want to be too blasé about this.
I don't care if 5th gets CL or not really, if we finish 5th then I won't feel as though we've really merited it anyhow, so if we do and it doesn't, I won't feel aggrieved...

Plus, I wouldn't be too distraught about a season of Uefa Cup anyway, I'm enjoying the Ange ride and I worry that going straight from no euro football at all and plenty of downtime to train, to high pressure matches every 3 days would be too much too soon.

A season of mid-level euro footy to use the squad players and bed them into playing regularly amongst each other wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, before a full on assault on the CL the following season.

Since Crouch scored that goal, CFG have taken 7 premier league titles and, as Girona sit top of La Liga, there has to come a point where somebody says either a) this is cheating or b) what's the point.

CFG are acting inside the rules. They are legally allowed to loan, sell, transfer players within their umbrella. Now with Newcastle's owners looking to loan a former wolves player in January, from the club they own, we really are looking down the barrel of the end game.

Fans of all clubs should be thinking this (except those involved of course)

Since Crouch scored that goal, CFG have taken 7 premier league titles and, as Girona sit top of La Liga, there has to come a point where somebody says either a) this is cheating or b) what's the point.

CFG are acting inside the rules. They are legally allowed to loan, sell, transfer players within their umbrella. Now with Newcastle's owners looking to loan a former wolves player in January, from the club they own, we really are looking down the barrel of the end game.

Fans of all clubs should be thinking this (except those involved of course)

There is an ongoing investigation bought by the Premier League which says City have been cheating.

With these injuries I think we'll be sitting 7th or 8th come the end of January. Hopefully everyone will be back early Feb and then we push on for top four.

Absolutely brutal what's happened to us, but it felt inevitable.

Premier League FA and PGMOL really wanted us to know our place huh.

Take that for believing you have a chance.

Fuck em, we will win at wolves and we are still in the title race.

Darling woolwich, Liverpool and Chelsea are still shit. Man UTD are a dinosaur.

With these injuries I think we'll be sitting 7th or 8th come the end of January. Hopefully everyone will be back early Feb and then we push on for top four.

Absolutely brutal what's happened to us, but it felt inevitable.

Villa play us City and Woolwich in their next 5. Be doing well to catch up with us.

Decent result tomorrow and Villa at home and there are plenty of 6 pointers around us which gives us a nice cushion.

The wheels would really have to totally fall off to be 8th by the end of January.

Villa play us City and Woolwich in their next 5. Be doing well to catch up with us.

Decent result tomorrow and Villa at home and there are plenty of 6 pointers around us which gives us a nice cushion.

The wheels would really have to totally fall off to be 8th by the end of January.
A win tomorrow would be great, and give us a slight cushion. Reality says it will take us a few games to understand how we play without VDV and Madders. Hope I'm wrong.

We have nine games between now and the end of January. That's 27 points. We are 8 points ahead of 7th now. I'd love to be wrong, but I won't be. This will hit us very hard.

Our line up for the majority of those games is likely to be :

Vicario
Porro - Romero - Dier* - Udogie
Sarr - Bissouma - Bentancur*
Kulusevski - Son - Johnson
Sorry, what's the melting here?

That's more than good enough for top 5. Especially with how exquisitely we are coached.

We have nine games between now and the end of January. That's 27 points. We are 8 points ahead of 7th now. I'd love to be wrong, but I won't be. This will hit us very hard.

That’s the spirit.

Will it make you feel better to be right if that happens?

Fuck that. I’m expecting to win every game and fully believe this squad has the ability to get points from a decent chunk of those

That’s the spirit.

Will it make you feel better to be right if that happens?

Fuck that. I’m expecting to win every game and fully believe this squad has the ability to get points from a decent chunk of those

Defeatist attitude in this fanbase is quite something.

Luckily, those at home this past Monday didn't have the same attitude, even when 1-4 down.

Our line up for the majority of those games is likely to be :

Vicario
Porro - Romero - Dier* - Udogie
Sarr - Bissouma - Bentancur*
Kulusevski - Son - Johnson
Sorry, what's the melting here?

That's more than good enough for top 5. Especially with how exquisitely we are coached.

With Maddison out longer, I’d probably try Deki in the 10 earlier. GLC won’t last consistent 90mins and Bentancur isn’t ready

Defeatist attitude in this fanbase is quite something.

Luckily, those at home this past Monday didn't have the same attitude, even when 1-4 down.

You can’t persuade me that Chelsea game wasn’t a hit job. It’s just too perfect for a script.

You also can’t tell me to start wetting the bed now there is some adversity.

A guy like Ange doesn’t get to this stage from Australia if he gets pathetic when things get tough.

Forgive me for being defeatist, but we have no idea how this high line is going to look without VDV. And how creative we'll be without Maddison. Not looking for point scoring, and as I said twice above, I hope I'm proved wrong.

Wolves A
Villa H
City A
West Ham H
Newcastle H
Forest A
Everton H
Brighton A
Bournemouth H

Without VDV, Maddison, Solomon and Richarlison. And Perisic to haha. Let’s see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom