The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Since Crouch scored that goal, CFG have taken 7 premier league titles and, as Girona sit top of La Liga, there has to come a point where somebody says either a) this is cheating or b) what's the point.

CFG are acting inside the rules. They are legally allowed to loan, sell, transfer players within their umbrella. Now with Newcastle's owners looking to loan a former wolves player in January, from the club they own, we really are looking down the barrel of the end game.

Fans of all clubs should be thinking this (except those involved of course)

No they're not.... They've already been busted by UEFA once and now face 100+ charges of financial misdemeanor from the EPL.

People need to STOP normalising what IS cheating....... Same as all the shit Abramovic pulled (and at times was inconsequentially punished for); but was ultimately ignored (and the complete FFP con that was the recent take-over)........ Same as the shit NuCastle are trying to pull with their sponsorships and suspected loan-back scams.

"Fit & Proper persons" is a fucking joke.....

- Look at City before the Abu Dhabi ownership; Thaksin Shinawatra.
- Drug Dealer at Forest.
- Convicted drug deal propping up the pending Everton takeover.
.........That's without considering all the ownership-related chaos that's allowed to prevail further down the pyramid.

I don't care if 5th gets CL or not really, if we finish 5th then I won't feel as though we've really merited it anyhow, so if we do and it doesn't, I won't feel aggrieved...

Plus, I wouldn't be too distraught about a season of Uefa Cup anyway, I'm enjoying the Ange ride and I worry that going straight from no euro football at all and plenty of downtime to train, to high pressure matches every 3 days would be too much too soon.

A season of mid-level euro footy to use the squad players and bed them into playing regularly amongst each other wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, before a full on assault on the CL the following season.
A zillion percent with you, Herc.

Man, put that Europa League trophy under my nose, I'd bite your hand off for it. Still a big comp with big clubs. Some of them matches are far more competitive than some gash we see in the big fancy CL.

Would be a major win for us. So here's what we're gonna do: finish 5 or 6th plus win the marvelous FA Cup this season, then next we bag the EL and a top-3 finish in the PL.

Boom.

I don't care if 5th gets CL or not really, if we finish 5th then I won't feel as though we've really merited it anyhow, so if we do and it doesn't, I won't feel aggrieved...

Plus, I wouldn't be too distraught about a season of Uefa Cup anyway, I'm enjoying the Ange ride and I worry that going straight from no euro football at all and plenty of downtime to train, to high pressure matches every 3 days would be too much too soon.

A season of mid-level euro footy to use the squad players and bed them into playing regularly amongst each other wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, before a full on assault on the CL the following season.

Nah fuck that, some pussy hole mentality that...if we get CL we are more than good enough to hold our own in that comp. Ange ball is accelerating at such a pace that the start of next season we'd be 3, windows in so we'd have a squad to go far providing we recruit properly.

I'm not giving up this season.

Nah fuck that, some pussy hole mentality that...if we get CL we are more than good enough to hold our own in that comp. Ange ball is accelerating at such a pace that the start of next season we'd be 3, windows in so we'd have a squad to go far providing we recruit properly.

I'm not giving up this season.

We got to CL final playing worse football than we are atm

Wolves A
Villa H
City A
West Ham H
Newcastle H
Forest A
Everton H
Brighton A
Bournemouth H

Without VDV, Maddison, Solomon and Richarlison. And Perisic to haha. Let’s see how it goes.

Doesn't really matter.

Most of us said the team would stumble at some point due to injuries and lack of depth. Here we go.

The promising thing is that Ange has demonstrated he can implement an attacking team and win games doing so. So when everyone is fit we'll be right back it. Few more transfer windows, and who knows?

Tbh, I think we get 19/27 points minimum out of that lot. Which should see us still in top four going into the new year.

Doesn't really matter.

Most of us said the team would stumble at some point due to injuries and lack of depth. Here we go.

The promising thing is that Ange has demonstrated he can implement an attacking team and win games doing so. So when everyone is fit we'll be right back it. Few more transfer windows, and who knows?

Tbh, I think we get 19/27 points minimum out of that lot. Which should see us still in top four going into the new year.

Thats 6 wins out of 9 if we allow a couple of defeats. Seems like a tough ask in view of our injuries. I’d say Man City, Newcastle and Brighton as the games we can afford to draw /lose if I had to pick 3.

So be interesting to see how that pans out.

Trying to work out if I want Chelsea to take points off City to help us stay in the hunt.
Or city to smash them and send them back to the abyss.

I’ve decided we can stay in touch with City on our own, I hope city beat them 8-0 and they get several red cards and a few season ending injuries

Trying to work out if I want Chelsea to take points off City to help us stay in the hunt.

I’ve decided we can stay in touch with City on our own, I hope city beat them 8-0 and they get several red cards and a few season ending injuries

If you finish above City then you win the Prem, that's not happening for us so we need to hope that City keep winning because we don't want Ars or Liv to take advantage, pulse Chelsea need a humbling, can't let them go on any runs any time soon.

Forget City, a couple of injured key players and you're fighting for fourth with this squad.

Finally bringing myself to write this update! Not had to do one after a loss before so forgive any typos made - it's hard to see through the tears of an impending relegation battle!!

Big swing from last year as we fluked a 2-0 win somehow!

Wins: ✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓
Clean Sheets: ✓✓✓✓
Richy Goal: ✓
Richy Hat-Trick:
Son Goal: ✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓
Son Hat-Trick: ✓
Romero Worldie: ✓
100th+ Minute Winner: ✓
Goal After 30 Successive Passes:
Ange's Song Goes No.1:
Performances Maureen criticises without actually watching: ✓✓✓✓
PGMOL Assist: ✓
Klopp Excuses: ✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓
Victory with 10 Men: ✓
Gentle Daddy Ben Masterclasses: ✓
Matches I Fall A Little Bit More In Love With Vicario: ✓
Games In The Dier Redemption Arc: ✓

Points Difference (same teams) compared to 22/23: +8

Highest possible league finish: 7th
Lowest possible league finish: 20th

Scientifically determined chance of top 7: 6.43%

Also, only 14 more points to go until safety

The balanced way to look at it is we are more fixed on how we play not the position in the table,

That doesn’t mean we have to talk our shit down.
Well, especially with Maddison and Van de Ven confirmed out for months there is no point in bothering about Man. City and the slightest chance of finishing above them.

So yeah, they can trash chelsea on Sunday for all I care.

City smash them and then lose four games on the trot in mid December against Luton, CP, Brentford and Everton :ledleylick:

If we want champions league, we have to be able to cope with injuries and suspensions and get a result like we should have today.

Back
Top Bottom