The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

6 pointer in two weeks, vs. Villa. Plus, Man City vs. Liverpool, Newcastle vs. Chelsea, and Brentford vs. Woolwich.

Big weekend. Could be painful. Could be brilliant.

So many Top 6 six pointers in the run up till Christmas. Will be a very interesting table come New Year’s Day.

If we can stay in touch with the top 5 I think we will start to see a noticeable gap opening between 5/6th and the clubs below.

Well I hope so……

We will still have a bastard run in though.

6 pointer in two weeks, vs. Villa. Plus, Man City vs. Liverpool, Newcastle vs. Chelsea, and Brentford vs. Woolwich.

Big weekend. Could be painful. Could be brilliant.
Terrible so far! Newcastle closed the gap, Woolwich top & city dropped points.

Need to beat Villa to put some doubt into City and their fans. Their draw at home has helped with that.
They must be having sleepless nights, terrified of how Doku, Bernando and Halaand will score against the mighty Davies and Dier, or whether Rodri will get a kick against our Viking warrior

SATURDAY 2ND DECEMBER​

• Arsenal15:00Wolverhampton Wanderers
  • Newcastle United20:00Manchester United

SUNDAY 3RD DECEMBER​

• AFC Bournemouth14:00Aston Villa
  • Liverpool14:00Fulham
  • Manchester City16:30Tottenham Hotspur

Honestly, fuck the league standings for now. Play football the best way we can, get better every week, get smarter and a bit more evil with it. Try to win the FA Cup and see where we finish at the end of the season. If it's 2nd or 10th I couldn't give a fuck really.

Its become very real now. Can't believe Man United are 2 points behind us. The gap was 11 points three matchdays ago. No solid margin over 5th place anymore. We are in 5th and Man United and Newcastle within touching distance. If we lose against Man City we could slide to 7th depending on results.

Injuries really fucked us. Romero also needs to keep his calm. He has the bozo gene and it shows a little too often for my liking. That red card was the catalyst for this horror month.

All could have been avoided with better squad planning.

Its become very real now. Can't believe Man United are 2 points behind us. The gap was 11 points three matchdays ago. No solid margin over 5th place anymore. We are in 5th and Man United and Newcastle within touching distance. If we lose against Man City we could slide to 7th depending on results.

Injuries really fucked us. Romero also needs to keep his calm. He has the bozo gene and it shows a little too often for my liking. That red card was the catalyst for this horror month.

All could have been avoided with better squad planning.

Can people stop fucking sticking it on Romero. It was a good clearance, he got unlucky, that is the rules.

Cash challenge today was 10x worse and actually injured our player. Stop getting fucked in the eye socket and saying thank you.

Must admit I’m looking down not up at this stage of the season. A lot of football to be played. What’s the next 3 points do??

So it’s nice to be able to build a bit of a gap between yourselves and the teams below.

What is not that mental is we are just 1 point off top spot
(And to think city had a 100% record till yesterday).

Or that we are only 4 points in front of West Ham in 7th. .
Or that we have almost twice as many points as Man Utd in 10th.

It’s the fact we are only 2 points ahead of Brighton in 6th place.
And Brighton could have been joint top if they hadn’t got annihilated by Villa yesterday.

Top of the league is super tight.
Teams at the bottom are proper shite.
bars-spitting-facts.gif

(And yes we sort of are in a race for 6th /7th)

13 games played. Still 2 points ahead of 6th place.

It’s like Groundhog Day. Spurs fans are all living in the matrix.

Somehow it’s now United chasing us down….. says a lot about teams form and squad depth….
Look what you can achieve when you spend £80m on Harry Maguire.

All hypothetical of course but I look at our fixtures between now and new year as well as that of our rivals and I would honestly be shocked if we are not in the top 5 come New Year.

Yes, it's likely we lose 4 on the bounce away at City but then Villa have to play City, Woolwich and United within a 2 and a half week period. United have got to travel to Newcastle and Liverpool whilst playing Chelsea and Villa.

I think City, Woolwich and Liverpool are far and away the top three. Our injuries have pretty much confirmed that. But our fixtures beyond City for me are pretty favourable. Newcastle at home being the toughest but their away form isn't great, it's 3 days after they play Everton away and 3 days before a potentially massive game against Milan at home.

The performance against Villa was promising. The fact we have Romero back beyond City is huge.

What's guaranteed is that there are 25 games left and we still have Romero, van de Ven and Maddison to come back into the starting eleven and we will end the season strong.

All hypothetical of course but I look at our fixtures between now and new year as well as that of our rivals and I would honestly be shocked if we are not in the top 5 come New Year.

Yes, it's likely we lose 4 on the bounce away at City but then Villa have to play City, Woolwich and United within a 2 and a half week period. United have got to travel to Newcastle and Liverpool whilst playing Chelsea and Villa.

I think City, Woolwich and Liverpool are far and away the top three. Our injuries have pretty much confirmed that. But our fixtures beyond City for me are pretty favourable. Newcastle at home being the toughest but their away form isn't great, it's 3 days after they play Everton away and 3 days before a potentially massive game against Milan at home.

The performance against Villa was promising. The fact we have Romero back beyond City is huge.

What's guaranteed is that there are 25 games left and we still have Romero, van de Ven and Maddison to come back into the starting eleven and we will end the season strong.

Your blind optimism and bias can cloud your judgment somewhat. I don’t think I’d pay you to analyse anything involving Tottenham and expect a totally balanced viewpoint!!

That we don’t score enough goals (or spread them around enough) remains our main Achilles heel when everyone is fit.

Not sure how strong a finish you think we will have. How many points out of 30?
I’d be happy to say right now that our last ten games won’t produce the same points total as our first ten games.

Our great start puts us in a good place anyway. Much better to have the points on the board.

Agree with all of this.

Back
Top Bottom