The North London Derby (Home)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sherwood seems a little unhinged.

During the early win streak he was on, I watched a press conference where he clearly stated if he doesn't have top 4 by the end of the season, he is out. He was very pragmatic about it.

As the games pass and probabilities mount, Sherwood might just be saying to himself, "Ah fuck this gig."

I don't know, maybe not, but the jacket tantrum and then the ball throwing at corn row guy in red, Baccarat or whatever........not really what I want to see for another season.

And then begging for patience...

"The building process has to start in pre-season," said Sherwood. "Liverpool took a step back to move forwards. It requires patience.
"Whether Spurs want to do that I don't know. Whether they want me to be the
person to do it remains to be seen."
"I've learned more in this last week as a manager than I did when we were going through the easy period when we were winning games," he said.
"I think I've got the character for it and I want everyone to come along with me.
"I'm not crying about it - I knew what I was getting involved in. I'm playing the hand I was dealt.
"I'm always on trial, from all angles. I knew that would be the challenge but it's one that I relish."
"We were better than them," said Sherwood. "I thought we played well, we created chances, played on the front foot and defended together.
"I think the result for Woolwich is going to paper over a lot of cracks. They were outplayed today and they've got to admit that.
"We've outplayed Woolwich and they're title contenders."

to counter all the negativity , i am actually surprised by the fact that Kyle Naughton is starting to look like an EPL standard player - Hull/Villa/Palace standard obviously but still better than i reckoned he could ever be.

Made the error of watching the game last night (was at another season ending 0-1 defeat yesterday during the game), Chadli mate - thats got to be at least one goal , he played pretty well but had he scored those two ...

Ifs and buts ... If my aunt had wheels she'd be a tram

to counter all the negativity , i am actually surprised by the fact that Kyle Naughton is starting to look like an EPL standard player - Hull/Villa/Palace standard obviously but still better than i reckoned he could ever be.

Ive always thought he had it in him. On the right he is a smart player, positions pretty well and uses the ball intelligently. Never going to be eye catching like Walker but I like him, think he has potential.
On the left? Lets not even go there...

Made the error of watching the game last night (was at another season ending 0-1 defeat yesterday during the game), Chadli mate - thats got to be at least one goal , he played pretty well but had he scored those two ...

Ifs and buts ... If my aunt had wheels she'd be a tram

I am more than comfortable with Naughton coming in at right back in Walkers absence. However if I see him at left back again I will shed a tear.

I was pleased with Chadli yesterday, thought he played very well.

I enjoyed how 'active' he seemed in the first half, finally saw glimpses of the Bale attributes we missed as a team (someone dribbling into space and opening them up, rather than running into a group of 2 defenders for no point at all)

Ive always thought he had it in him. On the right he is a smart player, positions pretty well and uses the ball intelligently. Never going to be eye catching like Walker but I like him, think he has potential.
On the left? Lets not even go there...

to be fair hes not a left back and when played there its the managers fault not his, good right back and that will do, with him and Walker we are sorted for that position.

I enjoyed how 'active' he seemed in the first half, finally saw glimpses of the Bale attributes we missed as a team (someone dribbling into space and opening them up, rather than running into a group of 2 defenders for no point at all)

Agreed may have missed that chance but other than that was very good, annoyed when he came off.

I'm saying that they stuck with their manager when they were doing piss poor last season and look how that's turned out for them. We should've done the same. Rodgers bought in a bunch of new players, they had a settling in period last season and now look at them. Suarez/Bale is irrelevant.

Technically they both started their jobs at the same time. I get what you're saying, but Dalglish was more of a disaster in the league than Redknapp, so Rodgers was following a drop in league form, AVB a guy who had built a rep for spurs in the top 4/5

Anyone here really worried about Rose, good player on the ball but seems not to know his position in defence, Woolwich only looked dangerous when going down his side and I have seen this on a few occassions, thought Naughton was by far the better full back in terms of doing his job.

Anyone here really worried about Rose, good player on the ball but seems not to know his position in defence, Woolwich only looked dangerous when going down his side and I have seen this on a few occassions, thought Naughton was by far the better full back in terms of doing his job.
To me rose is the kind of player that a new premiership team buys and he playes well for them but takes the step up to an established team and gets found out..

Need to stop this '4th place trophy' bollocks, it's funny when the term was first coined by Wenger himself of all people it was lol worthy even defeatist and was worth mocking and laughing at I remember going on redcafe and people thought it was hilarious but I doubt they're laughing much now infact I bet they'd take one in the ass if it meant them (Man U) finishing 4th and how we'd love that 4th place also, people seem to forget it's lack of 4th place in the last two season that have cost us so badly like in 11/12 Levy forced Modric to stay saying he could leave if we didn't get CL that year and when we didn't he and then rinse and repeat 12/13 with Bale, if we had secured 3rd and 4th like we should have we'd still have Modric and Bale here today and the players we signed wouldn't be the likes of Siggy Dempsey and Capoue.

class day out considering we lost. Probably due to the fact we stayed in Spurs drinking for ages after, helped me get over it pretty quickly.

Good performance, should have at least got a draw, can't fault the players or managers commitment either although I'm sure plenty on here are banging on about the gaffer. Woolwich are shite, which just goes to show how shite we've been all season.

p.s. I know there's a few Norway Spurs on here, don't suppose it was any of you lot on the train back to Liverpool Street with us at about half 9? Good to meet them anyway, were a good laugh.

To me rose is the kind of player that a new premiership team buys and he playes well for them but takes the step up to an established team and gets found out..

I think he has the talent in terms of ball control I am worried about his attitude, he doesn't track back very well and often just lets player go by him, say what you want about the two Kyle's at right back but they always try hard in defence. Kaboul and Naughton yesterday where strong, where as Verts and Rose looked dodgy at times, I think Verts no longer cares much to be honest. Its obvious that teams will attack our left side because of this.

Well that was a load of fucking shit. First NLD derby for me and I see that. Woolwich didn't even do much, we had most of the possession, but done fuck all with it. Constant shit crosses and failed long balls.

How the fuck did Chadli not score? Fucking awful season this has been.

I think he has the talent in terms of ball control I am worried about his attitude, he doesn't track back very well and often just lets player go by him, say what you want about the two Kyle's at right back but they always try hard in defence. Kaboul and Naughton yesterday where strong, where as Verts and Rose looked dodgy at times, I think Verts no longer cares much to be honest. Its obvious that teams will attack our left side because of this.
he has got some talant but i cant see him getting any better. He is a penalty waiting to happen and everytime he is named in the team you know its going to be a tough watch. looks like im having a pop at him but is he a top 4 player? not in my opinion. he trys hard but i think he is a championship at best

As you say though i think Naughton played ok yesterday but thats because he is a rightback not a left back but with walker fit i cant see him shifting him out the team

Back
Top Bottom