The North London Derby (Home)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But that is the job of a chairman. Stay cool in the times of need. We were doing fine, goal difference aside, we could see albeit slowly, a formation.

The fact those players brought in for a hundred million were shit wasn't AVBs fault. He still continued on a plan.

I wish he was given free reign over the 100m cos levy fucked it.

The twat

I mean we were in 8th when AVB was sacked, now we're in fifth. Where would be without the reintroduction of Adebayor too? I would have given AVB more time probably, but it's a stretch to claim we were fine.

Levy not getting Moutinho was the beginning of AVB's demise but if AVB had control of our transfers we also would have been paying 40m for Hulk which is terrifying.

Ultimately, if sacking AVB allowed us to do the proper early groundwork to land LVG this summer it will all prove to be worth it despite this season being a shit heap.

I mean we were in 8th when AVB was sacked, now we're in fifth. Where would be without the reintroduction of Adebayor too? I would have given AVB more time probably, but it's a stretch to claim we were fine.

Levy not getting Moutinho was the beginning of AVB's demise but if AVB had control of our transfers we also would have been paying 40m for Hulk which is terrifying.

Ultimately, if sacking AVB allowed us to do the proper early groundwork to land LVG this summer it will all prove to be worth it despite this season being a shit heap.
weren't we about 8 points off the top when AVB went?

I have to point out in the interest of fairness, that whilst we were 8th, we had a game in hand and were technically only 9 pts off the top, with Everton in 5th - four points superior

We've now played an extra game than our top 4 rivals (excl Chelsea) and are 13 points off the top.
If Everton win their 2 games in hand, they'll be 5th - four points superior

They're up against Swansea & Newcastle, technically two teams without a manager (one has a player/caretaker, the other is on a stadium ban).

This isn't a pro AVB or anti Sherwood post, more a balancing of stats. We've not achieved much by sacking AVB, but I don't think that was the point in Sherwood anyway - I can't see that he was ever going to be (short of a miracle) a long termer

I have to point out in the interest of fairness, that whilst we were 8th, we had a game in hand and were technically only 9 pts off the top, with Everton in 5th - four points superior

We've now played an extra game than our top 4 rivals (excl Chelsea) and are 13 points off the top.
If Everton win their 2 games in hand, they'll be 5th - four points superior

They're up against Swansea & Newcastle, technically two teams without a manager (one has a player/caretaker, the other is on a stadium ban).

This isn't a pro AVB or anti Sherwood post, more a balancing of stats. We've not achieved much by sacking AVB, but I don't think that was the point in Sherwood anyway - I can't see that he was ever going to be (short of a miracle) a long termer

I'm not pro either, I think they are both poor. But now that we've had a poor run with Sherwood people are acting like we sacked Brian Clough. The only thing that is really different in my eyes is the introduction of Adebayor which has made a massive difference. Where would we be without Sherwood doing that?

Ultimately my point is I can't see there being much difference between either. All evidence is that we would have been shit under both except with Sherwood we got some Adebayor magic. Whatever, either way. Sacking AVB may lead to LVG which would make it worth it.

Ugh, no one cares how many points we were off top, only what place we were in. If points mattered, AVB's first season would be considered a success.

Which it wasn't. Frauds don't succeed.

weren't we about 8 points off the top when AVB went?

Yeah but it's just different now because we've played more games so the table is further extrapolated. You're going to be closer when there has been less games played than more if your results remain steady which they largely have.

As I said above it doesn't matter. Neither AVB or Sherwood have done well. They are both poor in their own unique ways but I think it is largely because they are both massively unexperienced, neither a good mix with one of the youngest squads in the league.

...we actually looked pretty good today - deserved a better result imo - movement and crossing has definitely improved, but defense is still shocking - Chadli is the new Soldado...Siggy would've buried those chances...
COYS

We crossed a lot. Woolwich were shit. Rosicky scored a worldy after Bentaleb cheaply lost the ball and Vertonghen and Rose were MIA.

Naughton had his best game for the club, so did Chadli. Townsend was ok. Bentaleb sloppy.

We had most of the ball but hardly had any clear cut chances. Their CBs snuffed most out. Sherwood acted the cunt on the sideline again, also had a few strange subs.

You'll hear platitudes about us outplaying Woolwich. They barely had to break sweat - our best chance game for their dickhead keeper fumbling.
Ah, good to know. I heard TImmy's comments and thought that maybe we gave them a go at the game. Figured that was hopelessly optimistic.

Yeah but it's just different now because we've played more games so the table is further extrapolated. You're going to be closer when there has been less games played than more if your results remain steady which they largely have.

As I said above it doesn't matter. Neither AVB or Sherwood have done well. They are both poor in their own unique ways but I think it is largely because they are both massively unexperienced, neither a good mix with one of the youngest squads in the league.
Sherwoods definitely losing more games.

Sherwood seems a little unhinged.

During the early win streak he was on, I watched a press conference where he clearly stated if he doesn't have top 4 by the end of the season, he is out. He was very pragmatic about it.

As the games pass and probabilities mount, Sherwood might just be saying to himself, "Ah fuck this gig."

I don't know, maybe not, but the jacket tantrum and then the ball throwing at corn row guy in red, Baccarat or whatever........not really what I want to see for another season.

Back
Top Bottom