The North London Derby (Home)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The looky looky man must make a killing on rose tinted glasses on the Tottenham high road. Harry bought us temporary 'success' with a team of short term answers. We change a whole squad over the summer with a new tyrant manager and it don't work out. we don't play like a top 10 side and the thought of scraping into champs league and being bummed on itv on a Wednesday night makes the old April pout a bit. Newcastle have a better infrastructure to compete at the top level than us at the moment and theyve struggled to break top 8 for years.

But that is the job of a chairman. Stay cool in the times of need. We were doing fine, goal difference aside, we could see albeit slowly, a formation.

The fact those players brought in for a hundred million were shit wasn't AVBs fault. He still continued on a plan.

I wish he was given free reign over the 100m cos levy fucked it.

The twat

I think Baldini had a hand in that though too... I know AVB pushed for him, but a DoF with no real experience of the Premier League was a bit silly. He knew England from the Capello days, but the only 'bargain' we got was Eriksen in terms of cost/value.

At the end of the day, he's a fan and he's sometimes guilty of acting more like a fan than a chairman. Sugar was worse for it though in my opinion.

Levy owns part of the club though through whatever weird ENIC/Tavistock thing that has ownership of us, so I can't see there being any other option really.

Is Buchler still next-in-line?

I think Baldini had a hand in that though too... I know AVB pushed for him, but a DoF with no real experience of the Premier League was a bit silly. He knew England from the Capello days, but the only 'bargain' we got was Eriksen in terms of cost/value.

At the end of the day, he's a fan and he's sometimes guilty of acting more like a fan than a chairman. Sugar was worse for it though in my opinion.

Levy owns part of the club though through whatever weird ENIC/Tavistock thing that has ownership of us, so I can't see there being any other option really.

Is Buchler still next-in-line?

No he isn't.

And baldini got a % of the lamela sale.

I was traveling all day and didn't get to see shit that happened, but I know we lost. Not surprising.

Can anyone give me a quick recap, preferably in haiku form, so I don't have to read through 40 pages of what I'm sure is drudgery.

We crossed a lot. Woolwich were shit. Rosicky scored a worldy after Bentaleb cheaply lost the ball and Vertonghen and Rose were MIA.

Naughton had his best game for the club, so did Chadli. Townsend was ok. Bentaleb sloppy.

We had most of the ball but hardly had any clear cut chances. Their CBs snuffed most out. Sherwood acted the cunt on the sideline again, also had a few strange subs.

You'll hear platitudes about us outplaying Woolwich. They barely had to break sweat - our best chance game for their dickhead keeper fumbling.

Too much on here to wade through. Watched the game, thought we were fairly beaten, but by an average Woolwich side. Could have easily been 2 or 3 nil if AOX had his shooting boots on, but if Chadli has converted one of the two open goals he has could have easily been a draw.

Not team was clear winner, but Woolwich's defensive solidness gave them the advantage on the day.

If most of us were honest with each other, season was written off after Norwich away (maybe earlier?).

At least we didn't roll over and get slaughtered.

Can anyone give me a quick recap, preferably in haiku form, so I don't have to read through 40 pages of what I'm sure is drudgery.

They got an early goal
We battled well
Played better than recent games
Wenger blows goats.

I'm aware this is prob not a haiku but I can't quite remember the beat as I'm rather hammered.

Last edited:
I was traveling all day and didn't get to see shit that happened, but I know we lost. Not surprising.

We fail to create
Chances. Them lot score early
And sit on their lead.

I'd have written a fucking sonnet.

:adegrin:

I thought we actually played quite well second half. The Chadli miss is still angering me. Adebayor was immense. Oh for any of you chucking coins at the Woolwich fans before the game; shame on you. I saw kids waiting in that queue for the away entrance. :dawsonmean:

We crossed a lot. Woolwich were shit. Rosicky scored a worldy after Bentaleb cheaply lost the ball and Vertonghen and Rose were MIA.

Naughton had his best game for the club, so did Chadli. Townsend was ok. Bentaleb sloppy.

We had most of the ball but hardly had any clear cut chances. Their CBs snuffed most out. Sherwood acted the cunt on the sideline again, also had a few strange subs.

You'll hear platitudes about us outplaying Woolwich. They barely had to break sweat - our best chance game for their dickhead keeper fumbling.
Sandro gave the ball away on the goal (not Bentaleb). The rest, pretty spot on

I find it laughable people slagging off Sherwood. What exactly could he have done differently today that would have changed anything? What game changers did he have on the bench?
People talking about playing Eriksen behind Ade, but Eriksen was everywhere its not like he sat on the wing all match.
Sherwood has inherited a team that has barely any goal threats, add to that he has lost Defoe. The cold hard truth of the matter is our players are just not good enough. The sooner we accept that the sooner we can move on and actually address the problem. Top get top four we need a few world class players and if we are going to play one up front, we need players to play off that man to actually chip in with goals.
Currently we do not have those players.

Cunts of the highest order

Just saw this on twitter. Is there no end to their cuntery? And it's just typical if modern football and the modern fan that anyone who's not a spurs fan will be finding that both acceptable and hilarious. What eve happened to sportsmanship in this country? I would pin that picture up on the fucking dressing room wall and leave it there until next time we play those cunts.

I find it laughable people slagging off Sherwood. What exactly could he have done differently today that would have changed anything? What game changers did he have on the bench?
People talking about playing Eriksen behind Ade, but Eriksen was everywhere its not like he sat on the wing all match.
Sherwood has inherited a team that has barely any goal threats, add to that he has lost Defoe. The cold hard truth of the matter is our players are just not good enough. The sooner we accept that the sooner we can move on and actually address the problem. Top get top four we need a few world class players and if we are going to play one up front, we need players to play off that man to actually chip in with goals.
Currently we do not have those players.
I think he should have played two up front. Soldado finally gets a goal and what happens.. He is dropped for 3 games, One of them In favour of harry Fucking Kane. Then don't get me started on bringing on paulinho and Sigurdsson instead of soldado or lennon and eventually giving soldado a generous 10 minutes to get into a game that was effectively dead by then. I agree with you that a lot of our players are not good enough but Woolwich were piss poor today and any half decent side with a manager who knew his arse from his elbow would of got us a result.

Just saw this on twitter. Is there no end to their cuntery? And it's just typical if modern football and the modern fan that anyone who's not a spurs fan will be finding that both acceptable and hilarious. What eve happened to sportsmanship in this country? I would pin that picture up on the fucking dressing room wall and leave it there until next time we play those cunts.
Much agreed.

Big time bulletin board material for next year.

I think he should have played two up front. Soldado finally gets a goal and what happens.. He is dropped for 3 games, One of them In favour of harry Fucking Kane. Then don't get me started on bringing on paulinho and Sigurdsson instead of soldado or lennon and eventually giving soldado a generous 10 minutes to get into a game that was effectively dead by then. I agree with you that a lot of our players are not good enough but Woolwich were piss poor today and any half decent side with a manager who knew his arse from his elbow would of got us a result.
Paulihno has looked considerably worse under Sherwood then AVB. Definitely a player that needs a bit of direction out there

Back
Top Bottom